Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    Agree! Godless commies lost to enlightened Judeo-Christian capitalists. So beautiful.
    It had more to do with Adam Smith and Charles Darwin--both of them atheists--than Jews or Christians.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      Agree! Godless commies lost to enlightened Judeo-Christian capitalists. So beautiful.
      Now the godless commie Russians are kicking our ass. Thanks Vichy GOP!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        Our economy and, I think, national well-being depends on a steady infusion of new talent. Indeed, with our national birth rate at substantially below replacement levels, we'll eventually be in serious economic trouble if we don't increase immigration.
        I don’t fully agree with this. We are constantly doing more with less people and that trend will continue. I’m not saying we shouldn’t allow in more immigrants, I just think this type of reasoning assumes technology will stay static, which it won’t. Offshoring is also an very viable alternative and it moves capital to poorer countries without the need for mass relocation.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          We were right! Our ideology, whatever its other faults, works! Why don't we celebrate it the same way that Russia celebrates its Great Patriotic Victory. If I were a billionaire, I'd found a museum of The Cold War. I'd lay it all out; the good, the bad, and the ugly; let the facts speak for themselves The world needs one of those. Our Cold War victory was America's finest hour. (This is radical, I know.)
          This would not be good for business.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            I don’t fully agree with this. We are constantly doing more with less people and that trend will continue. I’m not saying we shouldn’t allow in more immigrants, I just think this type of reasoning assumes technology will stay static, which it won’t. Offshoring is also an very viable alternative and it moves capital to poorer countries without the need for mass relocation.
            How about if I change "talent" to "talent/consumers/FICA contributors"?

Comment

• lol, in case you were wondering what your president is up to.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                Now the godless commie Russians Chinese are kicking our ass.
                FIFY... Russia isn't really even on the radar.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  FIFY... Russia isn't really even on the radar.

well then even the more reason for our Pres to take his orders from the dictator of a two-bit country, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                    well then even the more reason for our Pres to take his orders from the dictator of a two-bit country, right?
                    OMG... did the Mueller report finally come out confirming this?

Let me be the first to say, "Welcome to the White House, President Pence!"

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      OMG... did the Mueller report finally come out confirming this?

Let me be the first to say, "Welcome to the White House, President Pence!"

We don't need the Mueller report to confirm Trump believes Putin over anyone else. It's in his own words.

Comment

• If Trump gets away with this "national emergency!" nonsense, I hope the GOP enjoys it when the next dem president declares one on climate change when they can't get their green new deal to pass Congress. Terrible precedent. The House will vote against it and even in the Senate there should be enough votes to force a veto. In the end, I think the courts will strike it down. Trump is probably a little naive about that. Either that, or he thinks he's got enough now to tell his base that he "fought" for them against those terrible immigrants and hope they call it good.
                        Last edited by BlueK; 02-19-2019, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• This "emergency" is a joke and should be gutted by the courts. Trump is the worst.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

If Trump gets away with this "national emergency!" nonsense, I hope the GOP enjoys it when the next dem president declares one on climate change when they can't get their green new deal to pass Congress. Terrible precedent. The House will vote against it and even in the Senate there should be enough votes to force a veto. In the end, I think the courts will strike it down. Trump is probably a little naive about that. Either that, or he thinks he's got enough now to tell his base that he "fought" for them against those terrible immigrants and hope they call it good.
                            I'm fine with Trump declaring the emergency. Now the courts will strike it down and a future president won't try declare one on climate change because the limits of the president's emergency powers will be more clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                              I'm fine with Trump declaring the emergency. Now the courts will strike it down and a future president won't try declare one on climate change because the limits of the president's emergency powers will be more clear.
                              It's not unclear. It's just Trump using this silly theater to appease his base.

Comment

It's not unclear. It's just Trump using this silly theater to appease his base.
                                Exactly. We already know what the executive powers are, we just happen to have an incurious asshole who doesn't give a shit about the legalities of his preferred methods of asserting his agenda.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X