Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    I don't know if you're purposely not getting it or not, but on tape he told Bob Woodward he saw it as a mistake to call those people repugnant. I'm not saying it was wrong for him to call them repugnant, HE IS. And not just a mistake, but "the biggest fucking mistake" he's made. That's what you're defending.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-f-ing-mistake
    It's worth reminding people that his dad was arrested for taking part in a violent klan rally. It's laughable that anyone is still trying to make the case that Trumpoloompa isn't racist.

Comment

I don't know if you're purposely not getting it or not, but on tape he told Bob Woodward he saw it as a mistake to call those people repugnant. I'm not saying it was wrong for him to call them repugnant, HE IS. And not just a mistake, but "the biggest fucking mistake" he's made. That's what you're defending.

Any other president since WWII publicly says he regrets saying bad things about neo nazis and it would bury him. But Trump apparently can be as repulsive as he wants to be and it's ok.
      Last edited by BlueK; 09-05-2018, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Woodward has hundreds of hours in tapes. Oh my.

President Trump is livid at the betrayal and stunning allegations in Bob Woodward’s forthcoming "Fear," but limited in his ability to fight back because most of the interviews were caught on hundreds of hours of tape, officials tell Axios.

The big picture: The book, out Tuesday from Simon & Schuster, re-creates — verbatim — page after page of private conversations with him. The 420-page portrait is all the more damaging because many of the scenes concern foreign policy and national security — truly heavy stuff.

In one emblematic passage, Woodward writes: "The operations of the Oval Office and White House were less the Art of the Deal and more often the Unraveling of the Deal. The unraveling was often right before your eyes, a Trump rally on continuous loop. There was no way not to look."
        After the Washington Post posted excerpts yesterday, administration officials did little to deny specific revelations in the book, and instead spent the day speculating about Woodward's likely sources.

One reason that few passages are being disputed: Woodward based the book on hundreds of hours of tapes of his interviews with current and former West Wing aides and other top administration officials.
        Nevertheless, several top officials issued denials:

White House chief of staff John Kelly: "The idea I ever called the President an idiot is not true, in fact it's exactly the opposite."
        Defense Secretary James Mattis: "The contemptuous words about the President attributed to me in Woodward's book were never uttered by me or in my presence."
        Some choice cuts, reflecting the way administration officials and alumni depicted Trump to Woodward:

Trump to James Clapper, then Director of National Intelligence, who briefed him at Trump Tower during the transition on the intelligence community's findings that Putin had interfered in the election: "l don't believe in human sources ... These are people who have sold their souls and sold out their country ... I don't trust human intelligence and these spies."
        Defense Secretary James Mattis, to laughter, a month after Trump took office: "Secretaries of Defense don't always get to choose the president they work for."
        Trump to Tom Bossert, the president's adviser for homeland security, cyber security and counterterrorism, who asked Trump if he had a minute: "I want to watch the Masters. ... You and your cyber ... are going to get me in a war — with all your cyber shit."
        "Trump was given a Reader's Digest version of the Hezbollah briefing."
        Stephen Miller to Reince Priebus after Trump had ordered his first chief of staff to get the resignation of Attorney General Jeff Sessions: "We're in real trouble. Because if you don't get the resignation, he's going to think you're weak. If you get it, you're going to be part of a downward-spiral calamity."
        "Trump was editing an upcoming speech with [then-staff secretary Rob] Porter. Scribbling his thoughts in neat, clean penmanship, the president wrote, 'TRADE IS BAD.'"

Former White House economic adviser Gary Cohn told Trump: "You have a Norman Rockwell view of America."
        "Several times Cohn just asked the president, 'Why do you have these views [on trade]?' 'I just do,' Trump replied. 'I've had these views for 30 years.' 'That doesn't mean they're right,' Cohn said. 'I had the view for 15 years I could play professional football. It doesn't mean I was right.'"
        The book's last paragraph: "[I]n the man and his presidency [former Trump lawyer John] Dowd had seen the tragic flaw. In the political back-and-forth, the evasions, the denials, the tweeting, the obscuring, crying 'Fake News,' the indignation, Trump had one overriding problem that Dowd knew but could not bring himself to say to the president: 'You're a f@#$ing liar.'"

https://www.axios.com/bob-woodward-f...cb22be315.html

Comment

A review of Woodward's new work of fiction...

“The contemptuous words about the president attributed to me in Woodward’s book were never uttered by me or in my presence,” Mattis said in a statement. “While I generally enjoy reading fiction, this is a uniquely Washington brand of literature, and his anonymous sources do not lend credibility.”
          -Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-woodward-book

I'm not defending anyone. I am just enjoying the fireworks.
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            A review of Woodward's new work of fiction...

-Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-woodward-book

uh huh.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              Woodward has hundreds of hours in tapes. Oh my.

https://www.axios.com/bob-woodward-f...cb22be315.html

The thing I love the most about Woodward is his ability to make a buck. Pump up the book before its release. If woodward has hundreds of hours in tapes then he should release them. I am guessing he will never do that.

As for James Clapper, we already know that he is a liar...

You can't believe a thing that SoB says. IMHO, Clapper needs to SAD and die for lying to American people (and later down playing it when Snowden exposed all his BS).

So all the Dems is running on, for the midterms, is their hatred of Drumpf because they can't think of anything else to campaign on. They lost the house and senate. They lost the white house. Now they are losing the supreme court. The only thing they can think to do is impeach Drumpf. Woodward is putting out his work of fiction to fan the flames and to make a buck. Same sh*t, different day.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

If woodward has hundreds of hours in tapes then he should release them. I am guessing he will never do that.
                I think you're guessing wrong. This is the watergate guy, so he likes releasing tapes. It's all coming out soon enough. But I'm pretty sure you won't care because the one that has come out has Trump saying he regrets saying mean things about neo nazis and KKK, and you're apparently ok with that. There are no lines Trump can cross that would make his cult following second guess their allegiance.
                Last edited by BlueK; 09-05-2018, 09:06 AM.

Comment

That’d be a first.

Comment

I think you're guessing wrong. This is the watergate guy, so he likes releasing tapes. It's all coming out soon enough. But I'm pretty sure you won't care because the one that has come out has Trump saying he regrets saying mean things about neo nazis and KKK, and you're apparently ok with that.
                    If Woodward has a credible source on tape then what is he waiting for? Other than pumping up the sale of his book?
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• If tapes get released, Trump will call them fake and Ted will believe him.

Comment

Any other president since WWII publicly says he regrets saying bad things about neo nazis and it would bury him. But Trump apparently can be as repulsive as he wants to be and it's ok.
                        Which is sad and why the Left should not cry wolf and smear anyone who doesn't agree with them as racists. Now we have a real one and the convincing power was wasted against Romney, McCain and Bush.
                        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          I'm going to not take Cruz's word for it. The last SCOTUS nominee to work in a White House had all documents released from her time there, that was Kagan. I'm most concerned about Kavanaugh's position on Presidential power. It doesn't seem like a good time to appoint someone who has an extreme view that he is purported to have. I think we are entitled to see documents concerning a nominees legal analyses and opinions.
                          I'll be honest - I heard Cruz and don't completely trust or believe him either. So I did a little looking (admittedly, very little) to see if what he was saying had any merit.

Kavanaugh was the White House Staff Secretary. According to Wikipedia (Did I mention VERY little looking? I did google!), here's the responsibilities of the position:

The Staff Secretary ("Staff Sec") is a position in the White House Office responsible for managing paper flow to the President and circulating documents among senior staff for comment. It has been referred to as "the nerve center of the White House."
                          Due to the high volume of important memos, meetings and decisions generated for the President's attention, the Staff Secretary is tasked with deciding which papers should go to the President's desk—and when the paper should be sent to him. These documents range from presidential decision memos and bills passed by Congress to drafts of speeches and samples of correspondence.[2] The Staff Secretary relies on close coordination with Oval Office Operations and the Scheduling Office to decide when and how the President would like to receive documents.

The Staff Secretary's principal role is to review the incoming papers and determine which issues must reach the President. Secondary to this, Staff Sec determines who else in the administration should comment on the issue to give the President a full picture of the situation. Staff Sec then compiles the documents with the relevant commentary for the President's consumption.[2]

Traditionally, the Staff Secretary is a position of great trust due to the influence it can wield over which information is allowed to reach the President, and who is given the opportunity to comment on those issues.

The Staff Secretary or a designated Assistant Staff Secretary always accompanies the President on any work-related travel.
                          So - it looks like in this instance Ted may be right in that Kavanaugh was simply pushing papers back and forth. Nothing in this description talks about actually creating or writing any documents - or even giving an opinion on any of them. I suppose someone might believe that seeing what documents he prioritized gives some insight into what's important to him. And there is some truth to that. But if this dude actually saw EVERY document that went to the president, yeah - I can see why they wouldn't want to release all of that. Particularly when it would seem to have so little bearing on him personally.

Frank - I see you comparing this to Kagan, saying that if she released her documents from her time in the White House then Kavanaugh has no reason to not release his. Here's the difference. Kagan was an Associate White House Counsel and then a Policy Advisor to Clinton. Somewhat different - as it would appear that unlike Kavanaugh, it was in her job description to form opinions and create documents.

Comment

I'm just having a hard time that Trump would ever say he regrets saying bad things about ANYONE. Saying bad things about people is his favorite thing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                              Which is sad and why the Left should not cry wolf and smear anyone who doesn't agree with them as racists. Now we have a real one and the convincing power was wasted against Romney, McCain and Bush.
                              Excellent point. I thought all those attacks were ridiculous as well, along with Glenn Beck and other far right types calling Obama a racist. Trump is a different animal entirely.
                              Last edited by BlueK; 09-05-2018, 09:41 AM.

Comment

If Woodward has a credible source on tape then what is he waiting for? Other than pumping up the sale of his book?

SO you already know the answer.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X