Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    He'll get rid of Obamacare ASAP. The medicaid expansion will remain. Then he'll get a nominee on the Court after Harry Reid's nuclear option chickens come home to roost.

Along with Comey's letter, I think the massive premium increases due to Obamacare was a major contributor to the unexpected results last night. People were receiving that bit of news in the 2-3 weeks leading up to the election.
    This is what is so amazing to me. How shortsighted politicians seem to be. When Harry was pushing this issue, I thought it was stupid of him, because his party wouldn't always be the one in control and constantly frustrated by the nuclear option. It is the same with people who were so happy with Obama because he stated that he had a phone and a pen to get things unilaterally done by executive order when Congress wasn't going along with his plans. Uh, how frightening is it now that Congress sat by and watched Obama continually skirt the Constitution's checks and balances when someone as unpredictable as Trump now holds the keys to the car?

Comment

I thought I'd wake up to a badly damaged retirement account; I'm currently down a small fraction of one percent, reminding me that the futures market is a terrible indicator.

I read an article earlier this year noting that presidents generally keep their promises, at something like a 70% rate. I'd like to see a compilation of Trump's promises over the past 18 months and keep score. I expect his fulfillment rate will be substantially less than 70%, but I suspect his supporters won't care.

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
        My point wasn't how it affected the UK it was how it affected the market. IOW, my 401k was essentially unaffected.
        The S&P has been mostly flat this year. I think it has effected my 401K that I was expecting to grow more. Of course, with the weaker pound maybe it help the UK's economy by increasing exports.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

He'll get rid of Obamacare ASAP. The medicaid expansion will remain. Then he'll get a nominee on the Court after Harry Reid's nuclear option chickens come home to roost.

Along with Comey's letter, I think the massive premium increases due to Obamacare was a major contributor to the unexpected results last night. People were receiving that bit of news in the 2-3 weeks leading up to the election.
          good point

Comment

It looks like HRC may win the popular vote. I wonder if Trump will seek to change the rigged system by pushing for the elimination of the electoral college. Why ignore the will of the people?

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              I predict Trump will end up being a better con man than President Obama or any of the "really good" politicians. He will push less than half of what he said he would.
              I'm starting to believe this, but maybe I'm just hoping it. I really hope there are enough republicans in congress with a backbone and good principles to block him on anything crazy. Fortunately it wouldn't take very many.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                I thought I'd wake up to a badly damaged retirement account; I'm currently down a small fraction of one percent, reminding me that the futures market is a terrible indicator.

I read an article earlier this year noting that presidents generally keep their promises, at something like a 70% rate. I'd like to see a compilation of Trump's promises over the past 18 months and keep score. I expect his fulfillment rate will be substantially less than 70%, but I suspect his supporters won't care.
                I just checked mine; it hasn't changed yet. But it probably hasn't updated since yesterday either...
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  I just checked mine; it hasn't changed yet. But it probably hasn't updated since yesterday either...
                  It won't show a change until the end of today.

Comment

Two words. Parliamentary democracy. That way, the crazies, the moderates, and everyone else can have a party they feel proud to vote for. As it is, half the country is perpetually angry and scared each election.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                      This is what is so amazing to me. How shortsighted politicians seem to be. When Harry was pushing this issue, I thought it was stupid of him, because his party wouldn't always be the one in control and constantly frustrated by the nuclear option. It is the same with people who were so happy with Obama because he stated that he had a phone and a pen to get things unilaterally done by executive order when Congress wasn't going along with his plans. Uh, how frightening is it now that Congress sat by and watched Obama continually skirt the Constitution's checks and balances when someone as unpredictable as Trump now holds the keys to the car?
                      Congress tried to act as a check against Obama, so did the courts, look at what happened with the IRS matter and how the courts admonished the government's attorneys in that matter.

Look at how the Justice Department stonewalled any serious investigation into Clinton's email server and into the Clinton Foundation. Many people within Nixon's Justice Department wouldn't consent to Nixon's efforts to control the Watergate investigation, look where that went. We received a glimpse of a fully politicized Justice Department with what happened in the Clinton investigations. Imagine what could happen with a fully politicized Trump Justice Department.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        The S&P has been mostly flat this year. I think it has effected my 401K that I was expecting to grow more. Of course, with the weaker pound maybe it help the UK's economy by increasing exports.
                        Fair enough, but nobody knows how much of that is a result of Brexit. I am not sure what has happened in the US or global economy that would have caused you to "expect" more growth and how that growth was stymied because of Brexit.

Comment

I'm super excited that my healthcare premiums are going to shrink and I will have to pay way less taxes. Or something.

Comment

My facebook feed is full of people who claim to be at a loss as to what to tell their children about Trump's election because their seemingly young children (many many under 10 years old) are frightened by Trump and now that he is elected they just aren't sure how their kids would cope. If this is true, these parents caused this fear for their children and have nobody but themselves to blame. Kid's can't understand the nuance and these parents own rhetoric has cause the fear their children fear.

Comment

Well now we know exactly what he won't do. Nobody is as wrong as CMBF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              *Banned*

Comment

Expand Guantanamo Bay.
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X