Page 306 of 310 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,180 of 9272

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Maybe a dumb question, I try not to follow too closely for my own sanity.

Why did Trump decide to push this issue after the Dem’s took control of the house? He had a republican house and senate for two years. Why is this now suddenly a crisis that requires a shut down affecting 800,000 federal employees? Are there ulterior motives behind the timing?
    Because he was about to fund the gov’t and then changed his mind b/c Rush Limbaugh criticized him for not sticking to his guns on the wall.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Yeah, I doubt that Puerto Rico and California needs that money...

https://nypost.com/2019/01/10/trump-...d-border-wall/

The president says we have a crisis at the border and congress needs to do something!...

Omg Obama said it and did the exact same things as Trump (but way worse) and the enemy of the people MSM are silent!! Dems are such hypocrites!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Omg Obama said it and did the exact same things as Trump (but way worse) and the enemy of the people MSM are silent!! Dems are such hypocrites!!!!
    Oh, was that Obama? Sorry, I must have used the wrong link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Oh great food inspections are going to suffer. I feel safer already.

Foreign food inspection continues, but the FDA’s domestic food inspection has effectively ceased due to the Trump shutdown. Roughly 7,000 of the agency’s 17,000 employees are currently furloughed and others are working without pay.

“It’s not business as usual, and we are not doing all the things we would do under normal circumstances. There are important things we are not doing,” FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb told NBC News on Wednesday.
    https://thinkprogress.org/183-house-...-4ca969ec4e6b/
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

I went out to lunch with 20 people on my team today, and got my food 10 minutes after everyone else because "the health inspector was in the house and was slowing things down". So I guess this hasn't hit NC yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    I went out to lunch with 20 people on my team today, and got my food 10 minutes after everyone else because "the health inspector was in the house and was slowing things down". So I guess this hasn't hit NC yet.
    County health department handle restaurants, not the feds.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    County health department handle restaurants, not the feds.
    I am actually aware of this but still upset that I had to wolf down my Pad Thai in 5 minutes so I thought I would post it anyway.

cool. newly released video of Senator Graham talking about granting emergency powers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuP2wvTAj0E

Trump's numbers since the government shutdown are going the opposite way he would like, according to the RCP average of approval polls. Rasmussen showing Trump 9 points underwater between "disapprove" and "approve" is kind of tellling because they tend to always be the most favorable toward him on all the polls they track, and rarely show him more than 4 or 5 points under water.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html
    Last edited by BlueK; 01-14-2019 at 08:05 AM.

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Wow- and to think some people really thought they were probably going overboard calling Trump a kitschy, orange piece of white trash.

No-- please don't have the event catered by a local joint hurt by the shutdown. By all means-- get some burgers and shit the team could have gotten at a rest stop on the way to the White House.

*He even made it a point to brag about footing the bill for the fast food.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post

Wow- and to think some people really thought they were probably going overboard calling Trump a kitschy, orange piece of white trash.

No-- please don't have the event catered by a local joint hurt by the shutdown. By all means-- get some burgers and shit the team could have gotten at a rest stop on the way to the White House.

*He even made it a point to brag about footing the bill for the fast food.
    Yeah, if it was the dems in charge the team would most likely be eating a big bunch of nothing burgers.

BTW, what happen with that NYTimes "BOMBSHELL" report? When do the impeachment hearings start? I can't wait for that cool cat Pence to be president!
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Yeah, if it was the dems in charge the team would most likely be eating a big bunch of nothing burgers.
    Good one.

I'm confident Obama, Romney, George W., or Ross Perot would have at least treated them to a meal. I mean here they are one of the only sports teams to actually show up and this is what they get? Big Macs and Whoppers. I'm starting to think the Warriors knew something we didn't.

I’m enjoying reading all the libs that are now suddenly experts on college athlete nutrition. It’s like they think these kids, errrr finely tuned athletes, aren’t eating fast food at all and are instead micromanaging their food intake.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Yeah, if it was the dems in charge the team would most likely be eating a big bunch of nothing burgers.!

That is so true, uncle ted!! The Democrat hamburgers would be huge and full of NOTHING!!

Princeps Inter Pares

Commando Uncle Ted

LOL it's not just that Commando isn't a real fan of history and history books, but I guarantee he cheers against history and history books! Like if he were a millionaire of rats asses he wouldn't even give one to history or history books. Solid diss.
    I gotta write that one down somewhere.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

this might be the first compliment i've ever paid that piece of trash we call a president, but the fast food idea for those football players is pretty cool - or at the very least, funny.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

BTW, what happen with that NYTimes "BOMBSHELL" report? When do the impeachment hearings start? I can't wait for that cool cat Pence to be president!
    you're too easily offended. It was a funny jab at the absurdity of the billionaire president bragging about paying for food from McDonalds which he did because of a government shutdown he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    this might be the first compliment i've ever paid that piece of trash we call a president, but the fast food idea for those football players is pretty cool - or at the very least, funny.
    It was funny and I love how it quickly became a partisan issue on twitter. Dems getting upset because Trump did it and its gauche, unhealthy, and whatever. The Trump people talking about how Dems are out of touch with real America and blah blah blah.

But it does remind me of the horrible time after Utah Senator Mitt Romney lost to President Obama. As is customary, the winner hosted the loser for a light lunch and visit that occurred on Nov. 29, 2012. After visiting the White House Mitt needed some comfort food so stopped by the McDo for a McFlurry. If it's good enough for Mitt, it's good enough for the Clemson players.

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Good one.

I'm confident Obama, Romney, George W., or Ross Perot would have at least treated them to a meal. I mean here they are one of the only sports teams to actually show up and this is what they get? Big Macs and Whoppers. I'm starting to think the Warriors knew something we didn't.
    Don't worry Commandude.... WaPo will get to the bottom of this!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    you're too easily offended. It was a funny jab at the absurdity of the billionaire president bragging about paying for food from McDonalds which he did because of a government shutdown he wanted.
    Yeah, Drumpf does offend me from time to time... I would rather have the no nonsense Pence running the show. He would just had his dear wife whip up some rice crispy snacks and koolaide for the players. The Dems need to impeach the MF'er already like they promised.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Don't worry Commandude.... WaPo will get to the bottom of this!

Obama'er wasted so much money on fast food from Chicago and NOBODY is talking about it!

He would just had his dear wife whip up some rice crispy snacks and koolaide for the players. .
    That'd be lit. I bet she'd use Clemson colors for the funfetti.

It was funny and I love how it quickly became a partisan issue on twitter. Dems getting upset because Trump did it and its gauche, unhealthy, and whatever. The Trump people talking about how Dems are out of touch with real America and blah blah blah.

But it does remind me of the horrible time after Utah Senator Mitt Romney lost to President Obama. As is customary, the winner hosted the loser for a light lunch and visit that occurred on Nov. 29, 2012. After visiting the White House Mitt needed some comfort food so stopped by the McDo for a McFlurry. If it's good enough for Mitt, it's good enough for the Clemson players.

I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Mitch McConnell can end this today if he wanted. I don't think he personally cares that much about a wall anyway. Stupid.

The red line of disapproval continuing to go up is what is hopefully probably going to force it to end.

Last edited by BlueK; 01-16-2019 at 08:04 AM.

They are getting paid... just not until the government gets its crap together.

Reminds me when I worked as a contractor. I had to wait 90 to 120 days to get paid. The government was the worst: Net 120.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Mitch McConnell can end this today if he wanted. I don't think he personally cares that much about a wall anyway. Stupid.

The red line of disapproval continuing to go up is what is hopefully probably going to force it to end.

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer can end this today if they wanted. They would rather be hanging out at the beach with their lobbyist friends and don't care about border security like they did not so long ago.

Meanwhile back in Spanish Fork...

Police: Suspected narcotics dealer arrested in Spanish Fork; more than $850K worth of drugs found in vehicle
    [...]
    Utah County Major Crimes detectives also contacted Immigrations and Customs Enforcement, who stated Lopez had contacts in Sinaloa, Mexico, and had violated re-entry to the county eight times, the report added.
    https://www.ksl.com/article/46468632...und-in-vehicle

What is the odds he will make it nine?
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer can end this today if they wanted.
    It's clear that Chuck and Nancy don't want to! Anybody who says otherwise is willfully blind!

Meanwhile back in Spanish Fork...

https://www.ksl.com/article/46468632...und-in-vehicle

What is the odds he will make it nine?
    Odds are zero if he had to get past a slat steel barrier!!!