Page 305 of 310 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,150 of 9272

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

  1. #9121
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    47,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Poor Trump can’t catch a break. 5 billion apparently isn’t enough to build a wall that can’t be cut through:

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...-sawed-n956856
    That's funny.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  2. #9122
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    15,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Where the hell were you when the same sh*t was happening under Clinton, Bush, Obama, etc? Pull your head out man and stop being a bigot against people of orange skin color.
    This was not happening under any other administration. I know your Master likes to use the Soviet "what about" argument, but... this was not happening under any other administration. I have explained why and how in great detail- probably in this very thread-, but zombies don't listen very well.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  3. #9123
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    15,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Until all the incentives for illegal immigrants to come here are removed they will just keep coming. If anyone gave a rats ass about immigrants and claims to be any sort of an humanitarian they would give these people the incentive to not make this dangerous journey to just to be caught and sent back home. Give them the incentive to become an legal immigrant instead.
    Again, for the umpteenth time: asylees are legal immigrants. I'm not really posting this for your benefit since you have proven that you don't listen. It's for everyone else reading this.

    And if we want to spend billions on immigration and "remove the incentives to come here," why not do some nation building in Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador since, you know- our government purposely f*ked up their democracies? Maybe that would take away the incentive to leave the steaming pile that remains after the U.S. had their way with them.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  4. #9124
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    19,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    This was not happening under any other administration. I know your Master likes to use the Soviet "what about" argument, but... this was not happening under any other administration. I have explained why and how in great detail- probably in this very thread-, but zombies don't listen very well.
    OK, whatever you say Commandude... You may want to get some folks to rewrite that Wikipedia entry and burn those history books.



    "Heil Commando!"
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  5. #9125
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    15,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    If the border wall adds absolutely no increase in security then why have any of it?
    Uncle Dishonest, there you go again So if a wall in the middle of the Sonoran Desert or in the remote New Mexican mountains doesn't do any good, why even have one at the ports of entry at Tijuana and Juarez? Is that your honest argument? You really are the message board hydra.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  6. #9126
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    15,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    OK, whatever you say Commandude... You may want to get some folks to rewrite that Wikipedia entry and burn those history books.



    "Heil Commando!"

    Hello Uncle Deflection!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  7. #9127
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    19,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Again, for the umpteenth time: asylees are legal immigrants. I'm not really posting this for your benefit since you have proven that you don't listen. It's for everyone else reading this.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... asylum. Only about 10% of those get approved. A whole whopping 11,729 in 2016. So all these folks coming up from the south are all being persecuted because of their race, religion, nationality, social group and/or political opinion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    And if we want to spend billions on immigration and "remove the incentives to come here," why not do some nation building in Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador since, you know- our government purposely f*ked up their democracies? Maybe that would take away the incentive to leave the steaming pile that remains after the U.S. had their way with them.
    The more reason to keep the hell out of nation building... the dumbass government will just f*ck up these countries even more. Thanks Hillary!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  8. #9128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    If the border wall adds absolutely no increase in security then why have any of it?



    This reminds me of a dumb comment I read the other day:

    Attachment 9323

    (Not to mention, the dummy is wrong about El Sh*thole... It is not even the safest city in Texas by far.)

    Dumbass comments like this just make me shake my head.



    Where the hell were you when the same sh*t was happening under Clinton, Bush, Obama, etc? Pull your head out man and stop being a bigot against people of orange skin color.

    Until all the incentives for illegal immigrants to come here are removed they will just keep coming. If anyone gave a rats ass about immigrants and claims to be any sort of an humanitarian they would give these people the incentive to not make this dangerous journey to just to be caught and sent back home. Give them the incentive to become an legal immigrant instead.
    I'm unfamiliar with this brand of libertarianism.

  9. #9129
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    15,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... asylum. Only about 10% of those get approved. A whole whopping 11,729 in 2016. So all these folks coming up from the south are all being persecuted because of their race, religion, nationality, social group and/or political opinion?



    The more reason to keep the hell out of nation building... the dumbass government will just f*ck up these countries even more. Thanks Hillary!
    So you googled asylum. Did you also google Withholding of Removal, Convention Against Torture and Humanitarian Asylum? You should be an expert in no time. Meanwhile, how about we apply due process and don't abridge a legislatively sanctioned right, huh?

    lol Maybe you should keep out of this debate. You're having a tough time. Now you're blaming Central America on Hillary when it was Eisenhower.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  10. #9130
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    19,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I'm unfamiliar with this brand of libertarianism.
    Become a student of Ron Paul...

    "Get rid of the subsidies," he said. "You subsidize illegal immigration, you get more of it."

    Paul wants to make the United States a far less attractive destination for illegal immigrants looking for free things.

    "You promise 'em amnesty, promise 'em, that, no sweat, you can get medical care and free education, automatic citizenship, food stamps and Social Security — you're gonna get more of it," he said.
    https://abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel/...3985423&page=1
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  11. #9131

    Default

    Ted, arguing about immigration with an immigration attorney using altright talking points is a fool’s errand.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  12. #9132
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    19,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    So you googled asylum. Did you also google Withholding of Removal, Convention Against Torture and Humanitarian Asylum? You should be an expert in no time. Meanwhile, how about we apply due process and don't abridge a legislatively sanctioned right, huh?
    OMG!... these people are being torture? We need to send the drones in and take over their oil reserves now! No time to get congress' approval... just do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    lol Maybe you should keep out of this debate. You're having a tough time. Now you're blaming Central America on Hillary when it was Eisenhower.
    Yeah, f*ck that dumbass nation builder too.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  13. #9133
    Senior Member myboynoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Land of the Morning Calm
    Posts
    14,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    It acts as a physical deterrent so the word gets back to the countries these folks are coming from that the chances of them walking through all of Mexico exposed to the elements and "coyotes" to simply walk across the border is less than it use to be. And they will most likely be victimized along the way...
    So given that the construction and completion of any physical wall would be ten years away, there would be no "humanitarian" deterent in the immediate, short, or even medium term. And even if such a wall is built, people will simply dig under it, cut through it, or go over or around it. It's a dumb idea, but go to Molly. He's all about paying for dumb ideas.

    This is simple economics. Supply will always follow and eventually find demand no matter how difficult the path.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

  14. #9134
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    19,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    So given that the construction and completion of any physical wall would be ten years away, there would be no "humanitarian" deterent in the immediate, short, or even medium term. And even if such a wall is built, people will simply dig under it, cut through it, or go over or around it. It's a dumb idea, but go to Molly. He's all about paying for dumb ideas.

    This is simple economics. Supply will always follow and eventually find demand no matter how difficult the path.
    It they are a waste of money then there is no reason to even try to maintain what is there. So your argument is that the wall should be allowed to be dug under, cut through, pushed over, knocked down, etc. because it is a waste of money to build/maintain walls and since they provide absolutely no benefit whatsoever?

    Of course, we wouldn't need any wall if we removed all the benefits of being an illegal immigrant. Why hasn't anyone other than the Libertarians suggested that?

    The dems only suggest that walls are immoral. Maybe we should get rid of prison walls as well? Let me know how that goes. The dems suggestion is the dumb idea but I guess you think otherwise.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  15. #9135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    The dems only suggest that walls are immoral. Maybe we should get rid of prison walls as well? Let me know how that goes. The dems suggestion is the dumb idea but I guess you think otherwise.
    There is no way anyone could possibly argue with this! Very well done, Uncle Ted! If someone opposes a border wall then they also oppose prison walls. Can't have it both ways.

  16. #9136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    There is no way anyone could possibly argue with this! Very well done, Uncle Ted! If someone opposes a border wall then they also oppose prison walls. Can't have it both ways.
    I enjoyed his little Reagan meme about the Berlin Wall. Clearly the East Germans and Soviets built that to keep the west Germans out. And it worked! No one from the west wanted to move in there when they saw it!

  17. #9137
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    47,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    There is no way anyone could possibly argue with this! Very well done, Uncle Ted! If someone opposes a border wall then they also oppose prison walls. Can't have it both ways.
    Lol.

    This is a super interesting discussion.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  18. #9138

    Default

    Is this actually just a ploy by Trump to give himself an excuse to take the "national emergency" route in an attempt to grab more executive power over this and other things?

  19. #9139
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    15,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    lol so does this dipshit "Ron Paul" you speak of think immigrants get free education, automatic citizenship, food stamps and social security? Maybe don't listen to that guy.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  20. #9140

    Default

    If you start with the premise that Trump's objective is to keep America as white as possible for as long as possible, what he's wanting to do with immigration policy seems to follow logically from that.

  21. #9141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    I enjoyed his little Reagan meme about the Berlin Wall. Clearly the East Germans and Soviets built that to keep the west Germans out. And it worked! No one from the west wanted to move in there when they saw it!
    Ted citing Reagan memes and being ok with Trump’s station as Putin’s official rentboy is fun and consistent.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

  22. #9142
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    19,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    lol so does this dipshit "Ron Paul" you speak of think immigrants get free education, automatic citizenship, food stamps and social security? Maybe don't listen to that guy.
    Oh, illegal immigrants don't get a free education?... please let the schools know so they can kick them out.

    The U.S. Census Bureau just released 2008 figures showing the national average total per-pupil funding from all revenue sources was $12,028. Although estimates of the number of school-age children of illegal immigrants don’t separate those attending public vs. private schools, it’s reasonable to assume that nearly all attend public schools since most come from lower-income families. Therefore, if one multiplies $12,028 by the roughly 3.7 million students with illegal-immigrant parents, then one gets a national total funding cost of $44.5 billion.
    https://www.ajc.com/news/opinion/edu...dowmSvgX9C4TM/

    Maybe the government will recoup its investment in educating illegal immigrants. Maybe not.

    The dems have not only flipped-flopped with their stance on immigration but most likely lost the last presidential race because of it. It seems the Dems are the dipshits, Amigo. Of course, you are not a fan of history or history books so you most likely don't give a rat's ass.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  23. #9143
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    If you start with the premise that Trump's objective is to keep America as white as possible for as long as possible, what he's wanting to do with immigration policy seems to follow logically from that.
    Yeah, but you can't just "start" with that premise. I know you think that, but its not written in stone.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  24. #9144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Yeah, but you can't just "start" with that premise. I know you think that, but its not written in stone.
    But let's just say hypothetically that's how Trump thought. Then everything he's been doing really fits in with that idea quite well. I mean there is a reason he's immensely popular with the white nationalist crowd.

  25. #9145
    Senior Member myboynoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Land of the Morning Calm
    Posts
    14,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    It they are a waste of money then there is no reason to even try to maintain what is there. So your argument is that the wall should be allowed to be dug under, cut through, pushed over, knocked down, etc. because it is a waste of money to build/maintain walls and since they provide absolutely no benefit whatsoever?

    Of course, we wouldn't need any wall if we removed all the benefits of being an illegal immigrant. Why hasn't anyone other than the Libertarians suggested that?

    The dems only suggest that walls are immoral. Maybe we should get rid of prison walls as well? Let me know how that goes. The dems suggestion is the dumb idea but I guess you think otherwise.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

  26. #9146
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    15,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Oh, illegal immigrants don't get a free education?... please let the schools know so they can kick them out.


    https://www.ajc.com/news/opinion/edu...dowmSvgX9C4TM/

    Maybe the government will recoup its investment in educating illegal immigrants. Maybe not.

    The dems have not only flipped-flopped with their stance on immigration but most likely lost the last presidential race because of it. It seems the Dems are the dipshits, Amigo. Of course, you are not a fan of history or history books so you most likely don't give a rat's ass.
    So that number is actually U.S. citizen kids with 'illegal alien parents?' Any chance of actually reading the thing you post at some point?

    Dude take a rest. I have to send my boots to get a fresh coat of polish from being up your ass all day.
    Last edited by Commando; 01-10-2019 at 03:44 PM.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  27. #9147
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    19,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    LOL... that is funny.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  28. #9148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Of course, you are not a fan of history or history books so you most likely don't give a rat's ass.


    Commando Uncle Ted

    LOL it's not just that Commando isn't a real fan of history and history books, but I guarantee he cheers against history and history books! Like if he were a millionaire of rats asses he wouldn't even give one to history or history books. Solid diss.

  29. #9149
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    19,746

    Default

    Yeah, I doubt that Puerto Rico and California needs that money...

    Trump may use Puerto Rico, California disaster funds to build border wall

    President Trump has been briefed about using disaster-relief money meant to help storm-soaked Puerto Rico and fire-ravaged California to build his border wall, according to a report.


    If Trump declares a national emergency, he could dip into a $13.9 billion Army Corps of Engineers fund intended for public works, NBC reported.
    [...]
    https://nypost.com/2019/01/10/trump-...d-border-wall/

    The president says we have a crisis at the border and congress needs to do something!...

    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  30. #9150
    Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Davis County, UT
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Maybe a dumb question, I try not to follow too closely for my own sanity.

    Why did Trump decide to push this issue after the Dem’s took control of the house? He had a republican house and senate for two years. Why is this now suddenly a crisis that requires a shut down affecting 800,000 federal employees? Are there ulterior motives behind the timing?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •