Page 283 of 293 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,490 of 8775

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    No, Russia has likely had some violations in someway (they cheat at every god damn thing they do), but that's not reason enough to scrap the whole thing and start up a nuclear arms race.
    You're not making a lot of sense in this thread. You don't want a bilateral arms race, but would maintain the INF treaty restrictions on the US and allies in the face of Russian deployment of a new nuclear capable cruise missile thereby allowing a unilateral race that only Russia is running. You assert that Trump is a Russian stooge but use as evidence the fact that he is listening to noted hawk Bolton who urges a NATO-strengthening withdrawal from a treaty with Russia. Um, OK.

I do admire your willingness to stick to your narrative even in the face of facts that don't support it.

FTR I think scrapping the INF treaty is a bad idea, but I think we must do something to make sure the Russians don't deploy weaponry that violates the treaty. It is possible, btw, that this is Trump's play.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Oh no, scandal she invited pagans to an event. Also, I've never heard of a prominent coven of witches, have you?
    I'm still stuck on this one. I mean, she can invite whoever she wants to various rallies. But this really didn't strike you as just a little weird?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I'm still stuck on this one. I mean, she can invite whoever she wants to various rallies. But this really didn't strike you as just a little weird?
    No, what would be a little weird is if she is hanging out with the commies. I am cool with witches.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Trump calls himself a nationalist. So either he's clueless about it's connotations, or he's fully aware of it, and he's being stupidly provocative.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeto-in-Chief
    "You know, they have a word. It sort of became old-fashioned. It’s called a nationalist," he continued. "And I say, 'Really, we’re not supposed to use that word?' You know what I am? I'm a nationalist. ... Use that word."
    I'm waiting for the leaders of the GOP party to denounce it. If my elected officials don't denounce it, or if they try to explain it away, I swear to Goldwater I'm voting Democrat, and I hope that my battleground state changes the majority. What's the use of a Republican majority in Congress if they don't act like Republicans? If they won't put the President in check, they deserve to be tossed out for ceding their constitutional mandate to an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    Trump calls himself a nationalist. So either he's clueless about it's connotations, or he's fully aware of it, and he's being stupidly provocative.

I'm waiting for the leaders of the GOP party to denounce it. If my elected officials don't denounce it, or if they try to explain it away, I swear to Goldwater I'm voting Democrat, and I hope that my battleground state changes the majority. What's the use of a Republican majority in Congress if they don't act like Republicans? If they won't put the President in check, they deserve to be tossed out for ceding their constitutional mandate to an asshole.
    Wasn't Drumpf a Nationalist back in 2016 with his "America first" thing? Maybe now that he declared he is a nationalist he will start rounding up the jews or something. Ask Frank, Drumpf is a racist SoB. We all know that racism and nationalism go together, right?
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Spoiler alert: they won't denounce it. The republican party has converted to Trump's nationalism. Vote democrat, and hope every other fiscally conservative voter does the same. The republican party will not be a serious opposition party until it spends time in the wilderness.

What, exactly, are they supposed to denounce? The connotations? Because on its face it's not wrong or improper. And if you proactively denounce the connotation aren't you tacitly conceding an intent that may not be there and which you do not want to admit is present? Trump is clever this way. He makes it hard to denounce but icky to support.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Spoiler alert: they won't denounce it. The republican party has converted to Trump's nationalism. Vote democrat, and hope every other fiscally conservative voter does the same. The republican party will not be a serious opposition party until it spends time in the wilderness.

But Skateboard Jesus is far from a Blue Dog Democrat... (he might be worth voting for if he was.) e.g., he wants free tuition for the first two years of college (paid by raising the corp tax rate again) and single payer healthcare (paid for raising taxes on everything). He is as much as a fiscal conservative as Bernie Sanders. If Beto was fiscally conservative he would be proposing ways to cut spending, like getting our military out of all these countries and stop us from being such a globalist country. Instead he keeps proposing to raise taxes on everything that moves. If you believe that makes him fiscally conservative then you and the rest of the dems should just donate all your money to the government now and show the rest of us to way to the democrat utopia.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post

But Skateboard Jesus is far from a Blue Dog Democrat... (he might be worth voting for if he was.) e.g., he wants free tuition for the first two years of college (paid by raising the corp tax rate again) and single payer healthcare (paid for raising taxes on everything). He is as much as a fiscal conservative as Bernie Sanders. If Beto was fiscally conservative he would be proposing ways to cut spending, like getting our military out of all these countries and stop us from being such a globalist country. Instead he keeps proposing to raise taxes on everything that moves. If you believe that makes him fiscally conservative then you and the rest of the dems should just donate all your money to the government now and show the rest of us to way to the democrat utopia.
    I never said O'Rourke was a fiscal conservative. I am only offering a long-term voting strategy.

On fiscal issues, the difference between democrats and republicans is only a matter of degrees. They are both unsustainable. The dems might get you to disaster somewhat quicker, but the end result is the same. As a supposed libertarian you know all this. My dem voting strategy works for those who see the landscape and realize the democrats need a serious opposition party. The fiscal conservatives who vote democrat can get off the train once republicans heal themselves.

I never said O'Rourke was a fiscal conservative. I am only offering a long-term voting strategy.

On fiscal issues, the difference between democrats and republicans is only a matter of degrees. They are both unsustainable. The dems might get you to disaster somewhat quicker, but the end result is the same. As a supposed libertarian you know all this. My dem voting strategy works for those who see the landscape and realize the democrats need a serious opposition party. The fiscal conservatives who vote democrat can get off the train once republicans heal themselves.
    They should just vote for the Libertarians unless there is a good Blue Dog Dem to vote for. Those Blue Dogs are hard to find these days.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

They should just vote for the Libertarians unless there is a good Blue Dog Dem to vote for. Those Blue Dogs are hard to find these days.
    If only there were only sane libertarian candidates to vote for, then I would agree 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    What, exactly, are they supposed to denounce? The connotations? Because on its face it's not wrong or improper. And if you proactively denounce the connotation aren't you tacitly conceding an intent that may not be there and which you do not want to admit is present? Trump is clever this way. He makes it hard to denounce but icky to support.
    A good long nuanced conversation on this topic.

My only concern with this is whether an election that results in the republican party being taken behind the woodshed will encourage the party to double down on insanity rather than correct their course. If they think the problem was they didn't support Trump *enough*, or didn't do more to seal the border against those hateful brown people and their claims for asylum, we could see a wholesale flight to the extreme right. And what have we historically called those on the far, far right, whose sole philosophy is that their country and government are essentially perfect, and the rest of the world can accept their domination or submit? Oh, right. Nationalists.

Wasn't Drumpf a Nationalist back in 2016 with his "America first" thing? Maybe now that he declared he is a nationalist he will start rounding up the jews or something. Ask Frank, Drumpf is a racist SoB. We all know that racism and nationalism go together, right?
    you think he's not using racism as part of his message already?

Stop being weak, Dems... Build that wall!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

That's cute you and your twitter and The_Donald friends pretend he isn't racist.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

I've never been involved with a political campaign or been part of a local political party, but I'm pretty sure the point of a fundraising dinner is not to give tickets away for free. I'm shocked that they couldn't sell $20k tickets for the privilege of sitting at a table for Steve Bannon.

https://www.redstate.com/sarah-rumpf...-tickets-free/
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Stop being weak, Dems... Build that wall!

lol. Nobody said anything about a wall, which has nothing to do with border security.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    lol. Nobody said anything about a wall, which has nothing to do with border security.
    You're right... we need sharks with freak'n lasers attached to their heads!

That and some Obama drones...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    What's the law if the caravan of people from Central America arrives at the border? I assume they aren't carrying U.S. visas with them. Are there procedures in place for an event like this?
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    What's the law if the caravan of people from Central America arrives at the border? I assume they aren't carrying U.S. visas with them. Are there procedures in place for an event like this?
    Like them being individually screened to be eligible to apply for asylum? Yeah, there are. Most of the time CBP likes to break the law and tell people they "aren't accepting asylum applications" at any given time, but with the spotlight on them they'll have to do their job.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

That's cute you and your twitter and The_Donald friends pretend he isn't racist.
    Yeah, that white trash needs to be put in its place!

G6IPXNdVlmE1Hvtxw7CbBVmAyXhma1-IzMlcROnDkPQ.jpg
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Yeah, that white trash needs to be put in its place!

G6IPXNdVlmE1Hvtxw7CbBVmAyXhma1-IzMlcROnDkPQ.jpg
    Hey - if them not allowing people who eat at The Chick means that they'll be building more restaurants closer to me instead of in NYC, I'll donate to that campaign!

And I'm a guy who has plenty of Chick-fil-A restaurants around to choose from already. But I'll always take another!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    I'm not sure, but it's being reported that the Trump Administration has secured some land (either already owned by the federal government or through eminent domain) in the Los Altos, Mountain View and Palo Alto areas of Santa Clara county and some low income housing is in the works to house the caravan.

Judging by the reaction of Marin County residents 19 years ago to a low income development that would shelter a couple hundred people, I'm sure all the big hearted progressives would welcome the caravan with open arms. Unfortunately, due to concerns of impact on the environment, they're having to fight Trump's efforts to give these people the best possible opportunity in their new country by placing them in an area of such innovation and wealth.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    I'm not sure, but it's being reported that the Trump Administration has secured some land (either already owned by the federal government or through eminent domain) in the Los Altos, Mountain View and Palo Alto areas of Santa Clara county and some low income housing is in the works to house the caravan.

Judging by the reaction of Marin County residents 19 years ago to a low income development that would shelter a couple hundred people, I'm sure all the big hearted progressives would welcome the caravan with open arms. Unfortunately, due to concerns of impact on the environment, they're having to fight Trump's efforts to give these people the best possible opportunity in their new country by placing them in an area of such innovation and wealth.
    Is this true? Where is this being reported?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Yeah, he can't be serious.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

In the CMBF newsletter, to which I gladly subscribe. The prevailing local attitude is more accurately reflected in this tweet (and I wish I new how to embed these correctly using the tweet icon, but alas...):

@xeni
    That’s right, terrified white people, the brown zombies are 1000 miles from the southern border and they’re coming to mow your lawns, wash your cars, harvest your crops, pack your pork, raise your kids, mop your floors, vacuum your office, and pay taxes. Time to flip out.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    In the CMBF newsletter, to which I gladly subscribe. The prevailing local attitude is more accurately reflected in this tweet (and I wish I new how to embed these correctly using the tweet icon, but alas...):

@xeni
    That’s right, terrified white people, the brown zombies are 1000 miles from the southern border and they’re coming to mow your lawns, wash your cars, harvest your crops, pack your pork, raise your kids, mop your floors, vacuum your office, and pay taxes. Time to flip out.
    yeah, no thanks.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

@xeni
    According to this guy all these immigrants are good for is unskilled grunt work.

I don't agree.

Even if you do agree, it seems like there is plenty of that kind of work to be done in the northern part of Santa Clara county. And the wonderful progressives of Mountain View, Cupertino, etc are just the salt of the earth people that I would imagine accepting them with open arms if it weren't for the environmental impact.

I wish someone could persuasively argue that 10,000 people would have a negligible impact on the local ecosystem. The county already has over 1.5 million. Really, I see that as the only roadblock in the way of affording this caravan every opportunity.