Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    On one hand, the VA is not exactly filled with Trump fans. On the other, he gets 'letters' touting HCQ success stories. So guess which side represents reality better in Trump's head:

And Biden's mental status is more concerning?!?
    Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! He's taking hydroxychloroquine! My TDS has been triggered!

xThe-Scream.jpg
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• "What do you have to lose?" seems to be a good summary of the decision making process Trump uses for a lot of the conclusions he comes to.

Comment

• President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
        On one hand, the VA is not exactly filled with Trump fans. On the other, he gets 'letters' touting HCQ success stories. So guess which side represents reality better in Trump's head:

And Biden's mental status is more concerning?!?
        More testing! If he gets the Kung Flu then we will it doesnt work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Uncle Ted; 05-18-2020, 05:01 PM.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• In case anyone missed it yesterday, the Trump doubled down today and directly accused the VA of conducting a fake study of HCQ. Since it showed no benefit from the drug, it's obvious that it's purpose was to damage him politically:

I do suffer from some TDS, so I'm not sure if I can clearly gauge how high this ranks in the scandal department. But this has got to be high up there, right?

Just go away.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

In case anyone missed it yesterday, the Trump doubled down today and directly accused the VA of conducting a fake study of HCQ. Since it showed no benefit from the drug, it's obvious that it's purpose was to damage him politically:

I do suffer from some TDS, so I'm not sure if I can clearly gauge how high this ranks in the scandal department. But this has got to be high up there, right?
            It barely signals with that guy. He's like a human DDoS attack where his bullshit is so persistent and overwhelming that it's almost impossible to counter or hold him accountable.

Comment

• Trump taking hydroxychloroquine as part of his plan to own the libs.

Conservatives happy because he is owning the libs.

Liberals happy because hydroxychloroquine may double the risk of cardiac arrest.

And to be fair it is a shitty study (although not a conspiracy against Trump.)

I do think people need to withhold judgment until there is a true double blind, randomized controlled trial. It’s such a fundamental principle that you can’t judge whether a therapy works or not if you are leaving the decision to apply the therapy to the individualized judgment of docs. Duh!

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                Trump taking hydroxychloroquine as part of his plan to own the libs.

Conservatives happy because he is owning the libs.

Liberals happy because hydroxychloroquine may double the risk of cardiac arrest.

And to be fair it is a shitty study (although not a conspiracy against Trump.)

I do think people need to withhold judgment until there is a true double blind, randomized controlled trial. It’s such a fundamental principle that you can’t judge whether a therapy works or not if you are leaving the decision to apply the therapy to the individualized judgment of docs. Duh!
                Didn't some of the better designed studies have to stop because patients on HCQ we're showing heart problems including heart attacks and death? I thought it was pretty much settled at this point that HCQ is not worth the risks.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                  Didn't some of the better designed studies have to stop because patients on HCQ we're showing heart problems including heart attacks and death? I thought it was pretty much settled at this point that HCQ is not worth the risks.
                  Yeah, FDA warns against its usage outside of the hospital.

Look, Trump runs the government. He's in charge of all these agencies with which he is now fighting. WTF?!?!?

And he's probably not really taking it.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    It barely signals with that guy. He's like a human DDoS attack where his bullshit is so persistent and overwhelming that it's almost impossible to counter or hold him accountable.
                    This is a pretty apt analogy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                      This is a pretty apt analogy.
                      It's also a pretty accurate description of our very own TedBot.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                        Sure everybody has known for decades that hydroxychloroquine can rarely cause sudden cardiac death.

These sick-as-shit patients in an ICU are headed that direction (toward cardiac arrest) anyway so a lot of them getting hydroxychloroquine will suffer cardiac arrest and die.

But the VA study to which Trump is referring was total BS. 368 patients, 28% who were given hydroxychloroquine died And 11% who were not given the drug died.

Obviously docs are going to pull the trigger on giving hydroxychloroquine when the patient is doing worse. If the patient is doing OK why bother? (Especially if you will get pushback by a pharmacist, for example).

I would call a study like that meaningless. You need thousands of patients and randomization to determine anything. I mean maybe the patients who got hydroxychloroquine at VA hospitals were so sick that 80% of them should have died and only 28% died. We just don’t know.

And Trump is the worst person and stupidest person in the country but you are kidding yourself if you don’t think the editors of these snooty medical journals aren’t falling over themselves to publish total crap just because it makes Trump look bad. Every conspiracy theory springs from a grain of truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          It's also a pretty accurate description of our very own TedBot.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                            Sure everybody has known for decades that hydroxychloroquine can rarely cause sudden cardiac death.

These sick-as-shit patients in an ICU are headed that direction (toward cardiac arrest) anyway so a lot of them getting hydroxychloroquine will suffer cardiac arrest and die.

But the VA study to which Trump is referring was total BS. 368 patients, 28% who were given hydroxychloroquine died And 11% who were not given the drug died.

Obviously docs are going to pull the trigger on giving hydroxychloroquine when the patient is doing worse. If the patient is doing OK why bother? (Especially if you will get pushback by a pharmacist, for example).

I would call a study like that meaningless. You need thousands of patients and randomization to determine anything. I mean maybe the patients who got hydroxychloroquine at VA hospitals were so sick that 80% of them should have died and only 28% died. We just don’t know.

And Trump is the worst person and stupidest person in the country but you are kidding yourself if you don’t think the editors of these snooty medical journals aren’t falling over themselves to publish total crap just because it makes Trump look bad. Every conspiracy theory springs from a grain of truth.
                            Straight from the abstract:

These findings highlight the importance of awaiting the results of ongoing prospective, randomized, controlled studies before widespread adoption of these drugs.
                            Entirely reasonable. Those who know don’t place too much weight on a retrospective study.

I call BS on an editor of an established journal that would risk his/her reputation on knowingly publishing bad science just to pwn Trump. Maybe some would have a difficult time checking their bias while reviewing, but that’s an entirely different sentiment than you’re stating.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

In case anyone missed it yesterday, the Trump doubled down today and directly accused the VA of conducting a fake study of HCQ. Since it showed no benefit from the drug, it's obvious that it's purpose was to damage him politically:

Just go away.
                              If TDS is the syndrome for people who don’t like Trump, what’s the disorder for people who approve of Trump? Idiocy? Deplorability?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                If TDS is the syndrome for people who don’t like Trump, what’s the disorder for people who approve of Trump? Idiocy? Deplorability?

TDS is not for people who merely don't like Trump. And anyone who approves of [some or even most of the decisions and positions taken by] Trump is not a defacto idiot or deplorable. But as i've said elsewhere, TDS applies to both sides. It's like the difference between hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia. Both glycemic problems, just on opposite sides of the spectrum. There are people who oppose Trump to the point of derangement, just as there are people who support him to the point of derangement.

Frank, the sooner you realize that someone who approves of Trump is not automatically a bad person, the better off you'll be.
                                Last edited by Donuthole; 05-20-2020, 11:39 AM.
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X