Page 293 of 293 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293
Results 8,761 to 8,786 of 8786

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

In other news, I assume you and other Trump supporters enjoyed his berating the leaders of the Baltic States a couple of days ago for all their wars in the '90s that led to the break-up of Yugoslavia. The leaders looked around at each other in bewilderment until they realized Trump had confused the Baltic States with the Balkan States--I guess the subject of European Geography never came up in his pillow talk with Yugoslav Melania.

OMG we have an old, orange, fat, more racist Michael Scott in the White House.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    OMG we have an old, orange, fat, more racist Michael Scott in the White House.
    Honestly - I doubt that Trump came up with this on his own. Wouldn't surprise me to learn that one of his foreign policy advisors filled him in and prepped him for the visit - which makes this just that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Honestly - I doubt that Trump came up with this on his own. Wouldn't surprise me to learn that one of his foreign policy advisors filled him in and prepped him for the visit - which makes this just that much better.
    And if they did it on purpose because obviously he's an asshole to his staff?

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    And if they did it on purpose because obviously he's an asshole to his staff?

Not sure why you’d doubt that. He is that dense of foreign policy. That’s be funny if staff did that but I doubt it.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Not sure why you’d doubt that. He is that dense of foreign policy. That’s be funny if staff did that but I doubt it.
    I agree with you here Frank. I suspect in Trump's mind there really isn't much difference between the Balkans and the Baltics. Whatever!
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Lol.

Acting AG Matt Whitaker worked for a company that hawked “Time travel” technology and other insane products

Matthew G. Whitaker, the acting attorney general of the United States, spent over a year on the advisory board of an “invention-promotion scam” firm that hawked Bigfoot paraphernalia, “masculine toilets,” and underwear with sophisticated marketing pitches like: "How are your balls feeling today?"

Whitaker’s unprecedented placement atop the Department of Justice has drawn outrage from legal experts on both sides of the aisle who argue his appointment is unconstitutional and threatens the independence of special counsel Robert Mueller, who he now technically oversees.

But his work for World Patent Marketing — a company shut down by a federal judge this year after it was accused by the Federal Trade Commission of running "a scam that has bilked thousands of consumers out of millions of dollars" — has also sounded alarms among politicians and legal officials. The company is under investigation by the FBI, according to the Wall Street Journal.

“It’s never a good thing when a law enforcement officer was employed by a company that’s under federal criminal investigation — much less the nation’s chief law enforcement officer,” said Renato Mariotti, a former prosecutor turned white-collar defense attorney.

Democrats in the House say they will launch an investigation examining Whitaker’s involvement with World Patent Marketing when they assume power in January.

Whitaker has denied any wrongdoing or knowledge of the alleged fraud at World Patent Marketing. “Acting attorney general Matt Whitaker has said he is not aware of any fraudulent activity,” Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec said in a statement to VICE News. “Any stories suggesting otherwise are false.”

But the company’s public public statements about his role suggests a relationship built on leveraging his reputation as a U.S. Attorney to defend it against charges of impropriety.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...nsane-products

I guess I'm saying that I don't think he knows enough about Yugoslavia to know if it was the Baltics or the Balkans or the Falklands for that matter. I'd be surprised if he paid attention enough to know that for himself off hand - and I'd be equally surprised to hear he had done the research and studied enough to know it for himself in preparation for these meetings. We're talking about a guy who says he didn't really prepare for the debates, because he already knew it all. Which is why I said he was probably going off some brief he got from someone else - someone else who got it wrong.

I also wasn't necessarily saying that they did it on purpose. That was Commando's addition. I just figured someone did some quick research for him - researched the wrong thing - and that's what he went with.

I guess I'm saying that I don't think he knows enough about Yugoslavia to know if it was the Baltics or the Balkans or the Falklands for that matter. I'd be surprised if he paid attention enough to know that for himself off hand - and I'd be equally surprised to hear he had done the research and studied enough to know it for himself in preparation for these meetings. We're talking about a guy who says he didn't really prepare for the debates, because he already knew it all. Which is why I said he was probably going off some brief he got from someone else - someone else who got it wrong.

I also wasn't necessarily saying that they did it on purpose. That was Commando's addition. I just figured someone did some quick research for him - researched the wrong thing - and that's what he went with.
    Or, using Occam's Razor, Fox did a story the night before on the Balkans.

Quote Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
    Or, using Occam's Razor, Fox did a story the night before on the Balkans.
    Exactly.

Jeff Flake is an American Hero and should have his ken-barbi face carved into frikin Rushmore. For those that think he is grandstanding anti-trump for a presidential run; no chance. Republicans hate him for the most part.

He just recognizes an ass-hat when he sees one and won't just sit back for the "good of the party". Love that dude.

In other news, I assume you and other Trump supporters enjoyed his berating the leaders of the Baltic States a couple of days ago for all their wars in the '90s that led to the break-up of Yugoslavia. The leaders looked around at each other in bewilderment until they realized Trump had confused the Baltic States with the Balkan States--I guess the subject of European Geography never came up in his pillow talk with Yugoslav Melania.
    I am curious to see how Ted whatabouts this one.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Just how many Baltic States are there? Did Obama visit them all?
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    My bet is he'll go with Obama's Maldives/Malvinas Falkland Islands gaffe.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Just how many Baltic States are there? Did Obama visit them all?
    Obama's "I've visited 57 states" was an off-the-cuff comment (he meant 47) at the end of a long campaign day. Yet it's cited by Trump's acolytes tasked with defending Trump's misstatements (which are legion). But really Ted, surely you see the difference between a slip of the tongue (easily corrected later), and sitting down with heads of state and lecturing them for a few minutes about something that they and their countries had absolutely nothing to do with. It wasn't a slip of the tongue; it was a combination of arrogance and breathtaking stupidity.

Obama's "I've visited 57 states" was an off-the-cuff comment (he meant 47) at the end of a long campaign day. Yet it's cited by Trump's acolytes tasked with defending Trump's misstatements (which are legion). But really Ted, surely you see the difference between a slip of the tongue (easily corrected later), and sitting down with heads of state and lecturing them for a few minutes about something that they and their countries had absolutely nothing to do with. It wasn't a slip of the tongue; it was a combination of arrogance and breathtaking stupidity.
    Clearly Drumpf doesn't give a rat's ass about the Baltics, Balkins, or whatever... Reminds of a great press conference back in April:

I hope Alec doesn't have to serve too much time for his recent assault thing over that dumb parking space.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Clearly Drumpf doesn't give a rat's ass about the Baltics, Balkins, or whatever... Reminds of a great press conference back in April:

I hope Alec doesn't have to serve too much time for his recent assault thing over that dumb parking space.
    Trump never served time for his assaults.

Trump never served time for his assaults.
    Reverse what aboutism!
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Wasn’t it Obama that thought that Austrians speak Austrian?
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    In his defense he was just reading what it said on the teleprompter... just like when he read "Corpse man".
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    In his defense he was just reading what it said on the teleprompter... just like when he read "Corpse man".
    Both were malapropisms. Like every human, U.S. Presidents occasionally misspeak, mispronounce, commit a Spoonerism, stutter, or fumble a passage of text. Good for a laugh but nothing more than that. What Trump did was vastly different and certainly more serious.

Both were malapropisms. Like every human, U.S. Presidents occasionally misspeak, mispronounce, commit a Spoonerism, stutter, or fumble a passage of text. Good for a laugh but nothing more than that. What Trump did was vastly different and certainly more serious.
    BUTWHATABOUTWHENOBAMADIDTHATTHINGTHATWASALSOINCORR ECT???

Hardly a swish (it was off the backboard and ratted around the rim for a while but ultimately dropped in), although it reflects a Trumpian tendency to claim a clear victory where the facts are vastly more complicated. In fact, the current fires weren't forest fires at all, and the remedies the WSJ recommends, while good, wouldn't have prevented this. You've seen this before with calls for gun regulation in the wake of a mass shooting--some good recs that wouldn't have stopped the incident in question.
    As the article you linked points out "these fires aren't even in forests" but state and local managed lands. Back in April your Governor declared that the climate change caused drought was over and then pretty much the next day (or month) significantly cut the drought response budget including the Department of Forestry and Fire Protection's "Enhanced Fire Protection":

http://www.ebudget.ca.gov/2017-18/pd...getSummary.pdf

Yes, indeed, the facts are vastly more complicated. Maybe the $96M the California government cut out of the drought response budget wouldn't have put much of a dent in lessening the damage caused by these fires. I don't understand why didn't the California government just significantly increase the taxes on the rich instead... those rich, white basturds need to pay. Especially now!
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

...I don't understand why didn't the California government just significantly increase the taxes on the rich instead... those rich, white basturds need to pay. Especially now!
    With an expected budget surplus of $15 Billion on top of the current Rainy[Ha!] Day Fund of around $14 Billion, I'm betting the enhanced fire protection will be restored.

And btw, while you've been posting the past month or so my position in your employer has dropped around 20%. Get back to work.

This is the kind of thing dictators do.

The White House is looking for ways to remove an enemy of Turkish President Recep Erdogan from the U.S. in order to placate Turkey over the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, according to two senior U.S. officials and two other people briefed on the requests.

Trump administration officials last month asked federal law enforcement agencies to examine legal ways of removing exiled Turkish cleric Fethullah Gulen in an attempt to persuade Erdogan to ease pressure on the Saudi government, the four sources said.

… They said the White House specifically wanted details about Gulen’s residency status in the U.S. Gulen has a Green Card, according to two people familiar with the matter. He has been living in Pennsylvania since the late 1990s.

Career officials at the agencies pushed back on the White House requests, the U.S. officials and people briefed on the requests said.

“At first there were eye rolls, but once they realized it was a serious request, the career guys were furious,” said a senior U.S. official involved in the process.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...turkey-n933996

This is the kind of thing dictators do.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...turkey-n933996
    To review: In order to help an Islamist theocracy get away with executing one American immigrant, Trump is (reportedly) trying to find a legal rationale for letting another (much less totalitarian) Islamist theocracy execute a different American immigrant.
    They're only immigrants, right? It's not like Trump is okay with them killing Great Americans. /s.