Page 340 of 364 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,200 of 10896

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

  1. #10171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    That, and fix your messed up countries (I know they are American-born, 1 naturalized) and then you can come back and talk about fixing America.

    Look, I know what Trump said was horrific, but he wasn't exactly calling for these women to leave the US. He was essentially questioning their qualifications for criticizing American systems and government. He just did it in a really, really horrible and racist way.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...srael-n1029831

    "These are people who in my opinion hate our country," Trump said at a "Made in America" event outside the White House.

    "All I'm saying is, if they’re not happy here, they can leave. There will be many people who will be happy," Trump said.

    How do you interpret those words given the context and other things Trump has said in the past, other than he wants to paint those who disagree with his words as hating this country and therefore they should leave?
    Last edited by BlueK; 07-17-2019 at 11:54 AM.

  2. #10172
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    30,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...srael-n1029831

    "These are people who in my opinion hate our country," Trump said at a "Made in America" event outside the White House.

    "All I'm saying is, if they’re not happy here, they can leave. There will be many people who will be happy," Trump said.

    How do you interpret those words given the context and other things Trump has said in the past, other than he wants to paint those who disagree with his words as hating this country and therefore they should leave?
    First, both sides paint their adversaries as people who "hate America." That is nothing new or even interesting.

    Second, people make dumb comments like this all the time. I do not really think those people are asking others to leave the country. If you do, well... you take things more literally than I do. I think that comments like these are really suggesting that things are pretty good in America, especially when you compare it to some other places in the world. No one would really leave American in favor of Somalia, or even Puerto Rico, because they thought things were "better" there.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  3. #10173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    First, both sides paint their adversaries as people who "hate America." That is nothing new or even interesting.

    Second, people make dumb comments like this all the time. I do not really think those people are asking others to leave the country. If you do, well... you take things more literally than I do. I think that comments like these are really suggesting that things are pretty good in America, especially when you compare it to some other places in the world. No one would really leave American in favor of Somalia, or even Puerto Rico, because they thought things were "better" there.
    The point is these are Americans, and where their ancestors came from should be irrelevant when discussing differences of opinion on policy. Agreed?

  4. #10174
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    21,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    UT, defending Trump in any way, shape, or form on this is shameless. What he said was horrible, and "If you don't like America, Leave" is a juvenile and wholly unpresidential thing to say.
    Sure it is a horrible thing to say... so is saying "some people did something" about the 911 terrorists is as well and then refusing to denounce Al Qaeda when asked, etc.

    The Squad tweets that Pelosi is a racist and no one bats an eye but Trumpf throws a tweet mentioning that if you don't like America maybe you should leave and everyone on the left loses their minds. He has enough re-election soundbites to last him a lifetime. Brilliant.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  5. #10175
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    16,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Maybe speak for yourself...
    OK so Ted's saying the tweets weren't racist.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  6. #10176
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    21,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    Is that what Trump said?
    He said:

    We don’t need any more brown faces that don’t want to be a brown voice. We don’t need black faces that don’t want to be a black voice. We don’t need Muslims that don’t want to be a Muslim voice. We don’t need queers that don’t want to be a queer voice.
    Can you believe that? I didn't even know brown/black/mulism/queer faces had a difference voice. Oh wait... that was someone else.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  7. #10177
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    49,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Sure it is a horrible thing to say... so is saying "some people did something" about the 911 terrorists is as well and then refusing to denounce Al Qaeda when asked, etc.

    The Squad tweets that Pelosi is a racist and no one bats an eye but Trumpf throws a tweet mentioning that if you don't like America maybe you should leave and everyone on the left loses their minds. He has enough re-election soundbites to last him a lifetime. Brilliant.
    Your whatabout game is still strong, I see.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  8. #10178
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    21,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    OK so Ted's saying the tweets weren't racist.
    OK, so Commander's saying that nothing the Squad is saying isn't racist or anti-semitic. Got it.

    All the Dems candidates should just drop out now... they just handed Drumpf the re-election.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  9. #10179
    Board eye candy beefytee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lehi
    Posts
    4,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    are you arguing that what you describe above is only a good strategy when the Republicans do it?
    Good? Not for the country. Unfortunately it has been much more effective than I thought it would be and it is likely to be effective in the near future.

  10. #10180
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    16,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    OK, so Commander's saying that nothing the Squad is saying isn't racist or anti-semitic. Got it.

    All the Dems candidates should just drop out now... they just handed Drumpf the re-election.
    They might or might not be- doesn't matter to me because I don't worship them, and what they said has no bearing on the text of Trump's racist tweets and doesn't add any context that makes it ok to be a racist shit hat. That WHATABOUT fallacy is really acquitting you well, by the way!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  11. #10181
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    21,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    They might or might not be- doesn't matter to me because I don't worship them, and what they said has no bearing on the text of Trump's racist tweets and doesn't add any context that makes it ok to be a racist shit hat. That WHATABOUT fallacy is really acquitting you well, by the way!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  12. #10182
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    16,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Clearly. Was there ever a doubt about that?
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  13. #10183
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    21,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Clearly. Was there ever a doubt about that?
    Maybe the Dems need to change their approach to taking back the whitehouse. Instead of promising the voters everything, that even someone with the intelligence of a small soap dish knows they can not possibly deliver, they all should become racist sh*t hats like Drumpf. Wait, maybe Pelosi should run!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  14. #10184
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    21,430

    Default

    Maybe CNN can find some conservative women that think what Drumpf said is racist... this shouldn't be hard, right?:

    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  15. #10185
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    16,274

    Default

    lol is this what brainwashing looks like? Great find.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  16. #10186
    Huge Member BigPiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,335

    Default

    Are we surprised that people from texas don't think he is racist?

  17. #10187
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    49,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Are we surprised that people from texas don't think he is racist?
    Lol. Look how white that panel is. One token latino.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  18. #10188
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    16,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    Is that what Trump said?
    No- it was actually much more racist the way he said it, which was 'go back where you came from.' I saw an anti-Kap thread the other day that said, "if he doesn't like it here in America, he can go back to Africa." The person who wrote it was LDS from Arizona. He couldn't see the racism in what he posted, either.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  19. #10189
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    16,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Are we surprised that people from texas don't think he is racist?
    Super surprising that some bridge club of Republican house wives from Dallas back up everything Trump says.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  20. #10190
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    49,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    No- it was actually much more racist the way he said it, which was 'go back where you came from.' I saw an anti-Kap thread the other day that said, "if he doesn't like it here in America, he can go back to Africa." The person who wrote it was LDS from Arizona. He couldn't see the racism in what he posted, either.
    It was a horribly racist thing to say. I can't believe anyone is trying to defend it.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  21. #10191
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    16,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    It was a horribly racist thing to say. I can't believe anyone is trying to defend it.
    Just another day at the office for maga's best and brightest.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  22. #10192
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    21,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    It was a horribly racist thing to say. I can't believe anyone is trying to defend it.
    Of course it was racist... He is just trying to get the Dems to make up and be all friends again:

    Democrats are right to condemn Trump’s racism, but they risk walking into his trap
    [...]
    So the principled case for denunciation is strong. What though of the politics? At first glance, the rock-solid unanimity among Democrats looks like good news for the party, which has been badly divided. There’s been tension between House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the so-called “squad” of four congresswomen, who many veteran Democrats consider too leftwing, too woke and too quick to grab the media, and social media, spotlight for themselves rather than serving their time as team players. At a stroke, Trump’s tweet has healed that rift. Suddenly, Pelosi is shoulder-to-shoulder with AOC, Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib and Ayanna Pressley. Rather than letting Democrats tear each other apart, and enter the 2020 election divided, Trump has brought them together.


    And yet that superficial setback for Trump conceals his larger strategic objective. He has reportedly told aides that he is delighted that Democrats are closing ranks, because that’s what he wants: to “marry” Pelosi to the squad.


    Put simply, he wants to choose his opponent for 2020. He doesn’t want the face of the Democrats to be Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris or Pete Buttigieg. He wants it to be a composite of AOC, Omar, Tlaib and Pressley. That’s partly because he reckons the squad’s politics are out of step with the US mainstream – that he can easily cast them as radical socialists with terrifying views. But mainly it’s about race (with a dash of misogyny for good measure).
    [...]
    Last night’s House resolution, with Democrats standing foursquare behind the four women, has pushed them down the latter track. Which is just what Trump wants. As far as he is concerned, he set a trap and they walked right into it.
    [...]
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-baiting-votes

    And his sh*t posting does nothing to hurt his base...

    Trump and the ‘Racist Tweets’

    Drumpf is stoopid but not dumb.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  23. #10193
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    16,274

    Default

    Oh I see. Chess, not Checkers, right? I heard he spelled Al-Qaeda 'alcaida' in his handwritten notes for his latest speech. Ok.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  24. #10194
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    22,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Oh I see. Chess, not Checkers, right? I heard he spelled Al-Qaeda 'alcaida' in his handwritten notes for his latest speech. Ok.
    Trump's spelling skill is a non sequitur here. Without defending Trumps comment and conduct, which I deplore, can you really not see how what he is doing is advantageous to him and also exactly what Pelosi was trying to tell those nitwit 'squad' members to avoid doing when this whole mess started?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  25. #10195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Of course it was racist... He is just trying to get the Dems to make up and be all friends again:


    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-baiting-votes

    And his sh*t posting does nothing to hurt his base...

    Trump and the ‘Racist Tweets’

    Drumpf is stoopid but not dumb.
    Trump has a staunch and committed core of racist supporters (notice I didn't say majority) and a bunch of other people who have their heads up their asses about this shit. #AnyonebutTrump2020.

  26. #10196
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    22,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Trump has a staunch and committed core of racist supporters (notice I didn't say majority) and a bunch of other people who have their heads up their asses about this shit. #AnyonebutTrump2020.
    There are equally staunch and committed racist followers of other presidential candidates (except, maybe, Williamson). Notice I didn't say majority. Plus, it seems pretty clear that a lot of those candidates also have a lot of followers who have their heads up their asses about it (including, almost certainly, Williamson). Just read twitter for proof.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  27. #10197
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    21,430

    Default

    Wait... Omar was married to her brother? WTF. Are there not laws against that?

    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  28. #10198
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    21,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Are we surprised that people from texas don't think he is racist?
    Uncle Ted doesn’t live in the most diverse city in the USA, which is Houston.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  29. #10199
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    21,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Wait... Omar was married to her brother? WTF. Are there not laws against that?

    Trump is a master. He makes the election about him and the squad. Then he pulls out the “married to her brother” card. Whether it’s true or not doesn’t matter, just like Biden being racist.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  30. #10200
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    21,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    There are equally staunch and committed racist followers of other presidential candidates (except, maybe, Williamson). Notice I didn't say majority. Plus, it seems pretty clear that a lot of those candidates also have a lot of followers who have their heads up their asses about it (including, almost certainly, Williamson). Just read twitter for proof.
    Watch out, Creek... The #whatabout police will get you! They don't like it when to admit that it also applies to their own beloved party.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •