Page 239 of 279 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,170 of 8344

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    You would prefer we lob some missiles into NK instead?

Unlike most suffering from TDS, I totally welcome the peace process.
    I believe Trump himself and his team have advocated this most recently, and are pointing to the threats of a real attack as having brought Kim to the table.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed mostówatching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Speaking of taking offense for no reason...
    "It" may end well. "It" may be a historic denouement of the Korean conflict... but goddammit, let's not call "it" dignified.

Thank you for your virtue-signal PAC. God bless.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and Iíll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

lol.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    I believe Trump himself and his team have advocated this most recently, and are pointing to the threats of a real attack as having brought Kim to the table.
    The non-triggered non-TDS folk might also give President Trump some credit by offering China that ZTE sanctions alleviation package in order to persuade China to put more economic pressure on North Korea and force them to this peace summit (or whatever PAC would have us call it).

BlueK or frank told us that the ZTE business was done in order to get Ivanka a sweetheart real estate deal though. They seem really rational about most things Trump, so I'd probably go with that explanation.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

The non-triggered non-TDS folk might also give President Trump some credit by offering China that ZTE sanctions alleviation package in order to persuade China to put more economic pressure on North Korea and force them to this peace summit (or whatever PAC would have us call it).

BlueK or frank told us that the ZTE business was done in order to get Ivanka a sweetheart real estate deal though. They seem really rational about most things Trump, so I'd probably go with that explanation.
    You're praising the zte deal? Geesh

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    You're praising the zte deal? Geesh
    Trigger warning: right-center take

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

My three favorite quotes from the Donald during his post-summit press conference:

As an example, they have great beaches. You see that whenever they're exploding their cannons into the ocean, right? I said, 'Boy, look at the view. Wouldn't that make a great condo behind?
    And there's no better beach than one where you can watch cannons explode into the ocean...

I mean, I may stand before you in six months and say, 'Hey, I was wrong.' I don't know that I'll ever admit that, but I'll find some kind of an excuse.
    I think we can rely on this.

Well, I don't have to verify because I have one of the great memories of all time. So I don't have to. OK? OK?
    He's said the bolded part before, and you know that's in Mueller's depo prep notes for when, if Trump is ever called to testify, he says, "I don't recall..."

There were several other great lines, but I need to stop analyzing Trump and get back to curing cancer.

My three favorite quotes from the Donald during his post-summit press conference:

And there's no better beach than one where you can watch cannons explode into the ocean...

I think we can rely on this.

He's said the bolded part before, and you know that's in Mueller's depo prep notes for when, if Trump is ever called to testify, he says, "I don't recall..."

There were several other great lines, but I need to stop analyzing Trump and get back to curing cancer.
    Frightening how much money and productivity you just wasted right there.

Pre-Historic Man

Previous presidents waited until they were out of office to make money off of their presidential tenure, and thus violated neither the norms nor rules of presidential conduct. Trump violates both.
    Lest you forget LBJ, and the shenanigans he and Lady Bird played in ramping up the Vietnam War.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Trigger warning: right-center take
    Not really relevant. some think he wil, some think he wont, no way to know until they actually take a step to do something.

On ZTE, there is a reason almost everyone in congress is against the deal.

Does Ivanka get a sweet deal out of it? Yes, No, Maybe she does but I don't give a crap.

I'm guessing you'll go for the third option.

I'm sure this will get mixed reviews in this crowd - but I tend to think it's stuff like this that leads to Trump supporters coalescing and cementing their resolve - as they decide they can't trust the media, so Trump must be right.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2018/06/...finitive-list/

We the media have “fact-checked” President Trump like we have fact-checked no other human being on the planet—and he’s certainly given us plenty to write about. That’s probably why it’s so easy to find lists enumerating and examining his mistakes, missteps and “lies.”

But as self-appointed arbiters of truth, we’ve largely excused our own unprecedented string of fact-challenged reporting. The truth is, formerly well-respected, top news organizations are making repeat, unforced errors in numbers that were unheard of just a couple of years ago.
    It’s a little bit like a police officer taking someone to jail for DUI, then driving home drunk himself: he may be correct to arrest the suspect, but he should certainly know better than to commit the same violation.

This is from PetaPixel. Photos of the G7 summit by various national photographers. I've highlighted the leader of the country excel for Angela, because everyone knows Angela.

G7 Scene Set Up:
    trumpmerkel-800x533.jpg

German tweet:
    germanversion-800x531.jpg

Canadian Press Photo:
    canada-800x534.jpg

French tweet:
    france-800x533.jpg

Italian Photo:
    italy-800x641.jpg

United States:
    (What the freak? Im only allowed 5 uploads per post?)

US:
    us-800x421.jpg

I guess Art is political.

Why is his fat ass sitting down when everybody else is standing? I guess b/c he's fat and out of shape?
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I'm sure this will get mixed reviews in this crowd - but I tend to think it's stuff like this that leads to Trump supporters coalescing and cementing their resolve - as they decide they can't trust the media, so Trump must be right.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2018/06/...finitive-list/
    Excessive lying from the man holding the most important job in the country is going to invite fact checking. His fans know he lies. They just don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Excessive lying from the man holding the most important job in the country is going to invite fact checking. His fans know he lies. They just don't care.
    And I'm trying to tell you WHY they don't care. They don't care because they feel like EVERYONE is lying to them. They also feel like some of those people have been lying to them for years and years - while Trump is new at this. And - of course they like his lies more than some of the other lies they've heard, so they accept them.

That's kind of what this reporter says, no? That the reason the press is losing credibility with the people who support Trump is because they are resorting to reporting untruths themselves - so the Trump supporters don't trust when they DO identify Trump doing what Trump does.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    And I'm trying to tell you WHY they don't care. They don't care because they feel like EVERYONE is lying to them. They also feel like some of those people have been lying to them for years and years - while Trump is new at this. And - of course they like his lies more than some of the other lies they've heard, so they accept them.

That's kind of what this reporter says, no? That the reason the press is losing credibility with the people who support Trump is because they are resorting to reporting untruths themselves - so the Trump supporters don't trust when they DO identify Trump doing what Trump does.
    Here's one I have a problem with. I have seen the clip where Trump uses those words. It's not that clear he was only talking about one or the other. Yes, he can make the argument he was referring to MS-13. The only problem is, if you watch it, he uses the word "animals" right AFTER talking about illegals in general but at least 4-5 seconds BEFORE he throws in MS-13. It could be classic Trump doublespeak to satisfy both the KKK/White supreamcist and the everyday Joe factions of his support at the same time. He does that a lot. He talks off the cuff, of course. You can make a credible argument he was calling all illegals animals and then caught himself and made it sound more palatable.

47. May 16, 2018:
    The New York Times’ Julie Hirschfeld Davis, AP, CNN’s Oliver Darcy and others excerpted a Trump comment as if he had referred to immigrants or illegal immigrants generally as “animals.” Most outlets corrected their reports later to note that Trump had specifically referred to members of the murderous criminal gang MS-13.
    Last edited by BlueK; 06-12-2018 at 07:35 PM.

This one is definitely a stretch. The typo/mistake makes a stronger case FOR Trump than against him. Trump's whole thing on trade is about the poor little US and how no one buys our products, but we buy theirs. The truth in this case actually argues against Trump's position. Then again, this is a journalist and I won't assume she's an expert on the topic, so I'll give her a little bit of a pass on this. Or should I?

50. June 1, 2018
    In a story about Trump tariffs, AP reported the dollar value of Virginia’s farm and forestry exports to Canada and Mexico was $800. It’s $800 million.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the butt. Sure it's their job to try to get the facts right and perfection is the only acceptable standard. I get that.

That's not a credible excuse for the kind of lies Trump tells which can be easily discovered by finding a video from a couple of months ago that proves the lie.
    Last edited by BlueK; 06-12-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Looks like a photo for a Barber College Wall of Shame.

Judging by his actions, this is what making America great seems to mean to Donald Trump:

"First Donald Trump remade the Republican Party in his own image, and now he is trying to remake America the same way — into a selfish, dishonest country with no close friends, totally unpredictable, free of any commitment to enduring values, ready to stab any ally in the back on Twitter if it doesn’t do our bidding and much more comfortable with mafia-like dictators than elected democrats.

God forbid we become the United States of Trump. That would threaten our future and the stability of the world. The world has come to rely on an America that, more often than not, has been ready to pay any price and bear any burden to do the right things, say the right things, model the right things and stand for the right things — when others were unwilling or unable to do so.

Fox News Chorus: That’s awfully churlish, Friedman. After all, Trump may deserve a Nobel Peace Prize for the denuclearization deal he just forged with North Korea.

Trump just picked a fight with our closest NATO allies, including Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau — who Trump’s team said “stabbed us in the back” after Trudeau’s mild-mannered defense of his own country’s trade policy on dairy imports. This after Trump has had nary a word of censure for Russia’s President Vladimir Putin, who stabbed us in the chest with the biggest cyberattack on our democracy ever.

What happens if there is another 9/11 and we need Canada’s help for something more than buying our milk? What country wouldn’t want Canada as its neighbor? Our president is compromised on Russia and is rapidly alienating every ally with whom we confronted Nazism, Communism and radical Islamism in the last 70 years.

Are you feeling more secure?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/12/o...ion-columnists

Some great stuff here from Senator Jeff Flake:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/.../trump-vs-gop/

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    The world has come to rely on an America that, more often than not, has been ready to pay any price and bear any burden to do the right things, say the right things, model the right things and stand for the right things — when others were unwilling or unable to do so.
    Iraq War Cheerleader and Torture Apologist lectures us on standing up for the right things.

Haha. New York suing Trump for using his charitable foundation for "sweeping violations of campaign finance laws, self-dealing and illegal coordination with the presidential campaign".

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/n...y-general.html

Whataboutists, start your engines!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Haha. New York suing Trump for using his charitable foundation for "sweeping violations of campaign finance laws, self-dealing and illegal coordination with the presidential campaign".

Lock him up!

Pshaw. Apparently you've never heard of the Clinton Foundation.

On RealClearPolitics you can find at least a half-dozen new Pro-Trump apology pieces linked on there every day, along with a few articles arguing on the other side. It's interesting that on this taking kids at the border away from their parents story that it is deathly silent on the pro-Trump side over there.

The pro-Trump side will pretty much defend anything. But, they're not talking about that. From some casual conversations I've had recently, I'm finding most people don't even know about it. That's sad, because this is a truly barbaric practice.
    Last edited by BlueK; 06-14-2018 at 09:20 AM.

What a bunch of FBI/DoJ dumbasses... They said they would stop Drumpf from becoming president but failed:

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Good... about time New York gives all their damn lawyers something to do! Welfare for lawyers.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!