Page 252 of 252 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252
Results 7,531 to 7,533 of 7533

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    There is nothing Dems can do to lessen the fears of small business owning libertarians. We want to go about our way with as little government intrusion as possible. So all big government types, Dem or GOP, are an anathema to our way of living. Trump is undesirable but so is the Democratic Party. No matter how you sell snake oil, it is still snake oil. We don't want extra government programs, we don't want higher taxes or higher prices, we don't want social media outrage, or we don't want identity politics. We want the peace, quiet and opportunity to work in our corners of society and to be left alone. In the end, we'll make our corners of society better places by being good citizens, paying our taxes, obeying the law and asking as little of society as possible. If everybody emulated this model, society would continue to improve without the upheaval statists demand.
    It's funny. The only things in these types of threads that get a reaction from you are articles about the democrats taking back congress. You admittedly don't pay attention to Trump. I'd recommend doing so before freaking about the possibility of having an opposition party in control of one of the legislative bodies, and throwing loaded words like statists around.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    It's funny. The only things in these types of threads that get a reaction from you are articles about the democrats taking back congress. You admittedly don't pay attention to Trump. I'd recommend doing so before freaking about the possibility of having an opposition party in control of one of the legislative bodies, and throwing loaded words like statists around.
    Statist is a clinical term, so you may wish to learn the difference. And I lived through JFK, LBJ, Carter, Clinton and Obama, most were bad for small business libertarians (JFK had some good points), so I already know what having Democrats in power means. I've been to that picture show before. Because of the acceptance of the Democratic agenda by the dominant media, we don't get the shit show put on by Trump, but if that is all the Dems have to offer, "Never Trump", we'll return to the same picture show of small business oppression, high barriers to entry, higher taxes, more regulations and just generally more oppression through government growth and bigger unfunded debt. I have my complaints about the crap the GOP is doing which is why it's time for a legitimate third party. Both of the majors put out garbage. This may sound like a bunch of hyperbole, or oversimplification, but nobody really cares to dissect what is happening and the macro and micro level. You simply wish to dissemble T and therewith the GOP.

I recognize that doesn't matter to you, and you believe that Trump has created a second version of Nazi Germany. Neither Obama nor T have tried to do that. It is pure hyperbole. I like nothing that T has done other than appoint Gorsuch. But I can say that there was nothing Obama did on the large scale that I approved of.

My relatives that are in the Never Trump camp may win this battle, but I wouldn't be surprised if offering nothing more than Never Trump also becomes a loser campaign. Right now, the Dems offer Never Trump and Everything is Free Sanders, now Warren. In a neutral world, how is that an enticement for a small business person? If the Democratic assemblage of identity politics pulls together, it might work and the Dems may take the House. I get that. But you're not offering anything at all to independents, libertarians or those without a special interest.

Thus, we will be stuck with a back and forth war for the foreseeable future. That is my concern if the Dems win. It would be better for the Dems to lose so that both parties rethink their strategies, because the Dems must offer something more than We Hate Trump and We will mortgage the future to give away free stuff we can't afford now. It might win, but it is terrible government policy. There are no longer moderates in the Democratic Party and the GOP has no message as well. We're screwed.

It all comes done to cost. Analyze the immigrant issue on the basis of money. People want to let them in, do so because they believe society can afford to give asylum and to integrate into society. People who want limits, believe they will overwhelm the resources. It mostly comes down to money.

The Dems usually cost society more than the GOP, but both are terribly expensive. Many of us need a less expensive government. You may not understand that.
    Last edited by Topper; Yesterday at 06:53 PM.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    libertarians dont support trump
    What makes you think I support Drumpf or even voted for him?

Sent from my iPhone (and not some dumb android device)!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!