Page 259 of 293 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,770 of 8786

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Hey come on. Don't sell yourself short. 10% at least!
    Capture.JPG
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    But Clinton from year 2000? Lol
    Never Forget.

No one argued that. But defending arresting any and every illegal is pretty bad.why are you defending ice and trump?
    Non Sequitur did.

Quote Originally Posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    Is there any doubt in your mind that if Trump wins another term he will seek to eliminate presidential term limits? If he were able, is there any point at which Trump would cease to elevate the authority of the Executive branch over the judicial and legislative branches? If he were able, at what point would Trump stop trying to control the press? If he were able, are there any measures he wouldn't take to silence political opponents? If Trump could rig elections with impunity, is there any doubt in your mind that he would do so? Trump may never become a dictator, but he is definitely angling to establish an authoritarian government, and the thing that makes Trump so dangerous is that he is not handicapped by scruples or ideology as he seeks to establish that government. Left to his own devices, are there any lines that Trump would not be willing to cross?
    And, Commando called Trump a monster.

I'm not defending everything Trump and ICE are doing, but I have a problem with open borders and not knowing who is coming and going. If someone doesn't come to a port of entry and instead sneaks across illegally, then they risk detention. This concept doesn't seem to be controversial anywhere else in the world except for the U.S. (and perhaps the recent immigration crisis in the EU). Do you support open borders? Commando, didn't answer my question when I asked him.

[QUOTE=Jeff Lebowski;1373441]Hey come on. Don't sell yourself short. 10% at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
    Non Sequitur did.

I'm not defending everything Trump and ICE are doing, but I have a problem with open borders and not knowing who is coming and going. If someone doesn't come to a port of entry and instead sneaks across illegally, then they risk detention. This concept doesn't seem to be controversial anywhere else in the world except for the U.S. (and perhaps the recent immigration crisis in the EU). Do you support open borders? Commando, didn't answer my question when I asked him.
    No . And Trump is a monster. He lies on purpose and hurts families for political capital. He's a piece of shit. That's not debatable. This "controversy" is manufactured by Trump and Sessions to build a wall and eliminate asylum- both things for reasons other than the reasons they are saying.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...=.f26c756079b9
    Last edited by Commando; 07-02-2018 at 01:01 PM.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Non Sequitur did.

It continues to be bizarre that you view Trump as a misunderstood conservative when he is a populist authoritarian strongman, act as though he is restrained by reasonable advisors, and screech when your constant inaccurate parallels between Obama and others to Trump are pointed out. You're not a picked on truth-teller here, you're under informed. Commando is a moderately conservative immigration attorney.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Man trumps trade advisors are as dumb on trade as trump. True idiots

Non Sequitur did.

Do you think Trump is governed by scruples? Do you think his actions are informed by a sense of right and wrong? This is a guy that said he would kill the families of suspected terrorists. This is a guy who said he respected Putin and defended Putin's murderous actions by saying that the U.S. isn't innocent either, that we've killed people as well. Trump is a sociopath. Of that, I'm certain. Not only is he a sociopath, he's a sociopath with a mandate. What part of that do you disagree with?
    "In heaven, all the interesting people are missing." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Let me explain math: 90 < 100 and 7 <<<< 150. YW.
    Ha. I thought you were being serious. For the life of me I can't conceive of how small U.S. Embassy security detachments of around 30 Marines each are fucking up countries like Rwanda, Sudan, Togo, Angola, Mauritania, et al.

Just be bold and give us your list of countries that one could argue have been fucked by a U.S. military presence.

Let me help you pick some cherries:

Iraq
    Viet Nam (pretty dated and an economic miracle in the making)
    Cambodia
    Laos

Anymore?
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

The upcoming NATO meetings are looking to be lots of fun for Trump and his fans who seem to think we're now supposed to make enemies out of Western Europe. Then after that he gets to meet with Putin. Maybe Trump can give away Lithuania or something.

Just adding to the immigration debate - this guys pretty funny, but the language is a little rough. Turn down the volume...

https://www.facebook.com/officialsta...9443351146337/

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Just adding to the immigration debate - this guys pretty funny, but the language is a little rough. Turn down the volume...

I love Doug Stanhope, his book about helping his mom kill herself is a great read.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    Do you think Trump is governed by scruples? Do you think his actions are informed by a sense of right and wrong? This is a guy that said he would kill the families of suspected terrorists. This is a guy who said he respected Putin and defended Putin's murderous actions by saying that the U.S. isn't innocent either, that we've killed people as well. Trump is a sociopath. Of that, I'm certain. Not only is he a sociopath, he's a sociopath with a mandate. What part of that do you disagree with?
    When it comes to foreign policy, Trump's actions and words clearly seem to show favoritism on his part toward authoritarian regimes and hostility toward free countries. Ok, you can try to say that's just Trump trying to pressure allies into doing giving us a "better deal" or whatever, but it hardly seems like an effective way of going about it, if you ask me. And his trade war is pure idiocy.
    Last edited by BlueK; 07-03-2018 at 12:14 PM.

Have I missed it before, or did MBN just cross the CS f bomb threshold for the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Have I missed it before, or did MBN just cross the CS f bomb threshold for the first time?
    you missed it. He has gotten increasingly salty as time has gone by. Furhter evidence of the decay in civility in our society.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    you missed it. He has gotten increasingly salty as time has gone by. Furhter evidence of the decay in civility in our society.
    At least we get to blame all of our incivility on Trump!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Haha. He is not the only one.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

I actually really liked his observations on nationalism. It makes me wonder why I've never framed it like that. Probably because I also take pride in things I had nothing to do with, such as the Mormons' colonization of the West. (Or BYU football's 84 National Championship)
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Trump to meet with Putin alone. Very unusual.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Prediction: Trump will report that Putin has assured him the Russkies did NOT interfere in the U.S. election and that there was absolutely no collusion, thus closing the matter once and for all.

Should ring some alarm bells. If nothing else, Trump will accidentally share a bunch of sensitive intel. It will be interesting to see what Trump does re. foreign policy over the month or so following his meeting with his boss.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

:wankers:

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    :wankers:

Kind of funny to see republicans fighting against reduction in the size of government.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Kind of funny to see republicans fighting against reduction in the size of government.
    Meh. It's consistent with the pro law enforcement/military part of their ideology. You know, the part where they ignore one of the three biggest contributors to the deficit.

I do wonder, though. What replaces them? I believe we should have open borders, but we have to have some system/agency that enforces the rules to keep bad guys out. Note: My definition of bad guys is criminals and/or people who want to enter our country to do harm.

"Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

I wonder if the 'GOP' realizes that ICE does not patrol the border.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy View Post

I do wonder, though. What replaces them? I believe we should have open borders, but we have to have some system/agency that enforces the rules to keep bad guys out. Note: My definition of bad guys is criminals and/or people who want to enter our country to do harm.
    Funny you should say that-- seems like the current administration's definition of 'bad guys' is 'young families from Honduras.'

"Sorry, America, we've got our hands full with this lot of bad apples- don't worry about all that drug smuggling and human trafficking going on-- it's not like there's no demand anyway, right? What we do know is that nobody ASKED for more refugees!"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    I wonder if the 'GOP' realizes that ICE does not patrol the border.
    This is why I called them wankers. Of course they realize that but they’d rather feed the ignorance of their base than to have a real rebuttal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Ha. I thought you were being serious. For the life of me I can't conceive of how small U.S. Embassy security detachments of around 30 Marines each are fucking up countries like Rwanda, Sudan, Togo, Angola, Mauritania, et al.

Just be bold and give us your list of countries that one could argue have been fucked by a U.S. military presence.

Let me help you pick some cherries:

Iraq
    Viet Nam (pretty dated and an economic miracle in the making)
    Cambodia
    Laos

Anymore?
    I am being serious (and don't call my Shirley). You want to start with the ME? OK, then.

Iraq
    Syria
    Yemen
    Afghanistan

Any immigrant person originating from these countries should be automatically admitted to the US out of courtesy for having a hand in fucking up their country.

(Also, a shout-out to Iran... who had the good sense to kick us out after getting tired of fucking up/with their country.)

Where to next? Asia, Africa?
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I am being serious (and don't call my Shirley). You want to start with the ME? OK, then.

Iraq
    Syria
    Yemen
    Afghanistan

Any immigrant person originating from these countries should be automatically admitted to the US out of courtesy for having a hand in fucking up their country.

(Also, a shout-out to Iran... who had the good sense to kick us out after getting tired of fucking up/with their country.)

Where to next? Asia, Africa?
    Okay, that's a far cry from 150. I'm very sympathetic to your position, especially when it comes to Iraq (particularly those that worked with the US over the years). The other three are debatable since they were basket cases before the U.S. got involved. But those that have worked with us should get special consideration.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."