Page 252 of 268 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,560 of 8024

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    There is nothing Dems can do to lessen the fears of small business owning libertarians. We want to go about our way with as little government intrusion as possible. So all big government types, Dem or GOP, are an anathema to our way of living. Trump is undesirable but so is the Democratic Party. No matter how you sell snake oil, it is still snake oil. We don't want extra government programs, we don't want higher taxes or higher prices, we don't want social media outrage, or we don't want identity politics. We want the peace, quiet and opportunity to work in our corners of society and to be left alone. In the end, we'll make our corners of society better places by being good citizens, paying our taxes, obeying the law and asking as little of society as possible. If everybody emulated this model, society would continue to improve without the upheaval statists demand.
    It's funny. The only things in these types of threads that get a reaction from you are articles about the democrats taking back congress. You admittedly don't pay attention to Trump. I'd recommend doing so before freaking about the possibility of having an opposition party in control of one of the legislative bodies, and throwing loaded words like statists around.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    It's funny. The only things in these types of threads that get a reaction from you are articles about the democrats taking back congress. You admittedly don't pay attention to Trump. I'd recommend doing so before freaking about the possibility of having an opposition party in control of one of the legislative bodies, and throwing loaded words like statists around.
    Statist is a clinical term, so you may wish to learn the difference. And I lived through JFK, LBJ, Carter, Clinton and Obama, most were bad for small business libertarians (JFK had some good points), so I already know what having Democrats in power means. I've been to that picture show before. Because of the acceptance of the Democratic agenda by the dominant media, we don't get the shit show put on by Trump, but if that is all the Dems have to offer, "Never Trump", we'll return to the same picture show of small business oppression, high barriers to entry, higher taxes, more regulations and just generally more oppression through government growth and bigger unfunded debt. I have my complaints about the crap the GOP is doing which is why it's time for a legitimate third party. Both of the majors put out garbage. This may sound like a bunch of hyperbole, or oversimplification, but nobody really cares to dissect what is happening and the macro and micro level. You simply wish to dissemble T and therewith the GOP.

I recognize that doesn't matter to you, and you believe that Trump has created a second version of Nazi Germany. Neither Obama nor T have tried to do that. It is pure hyperbole. I like nothing that T has done other than appoint Gorsuch. But I can say that there was nothing Obama did on the large scale that I approved of.

My relatives that are in the Never Trump camp may win this battle, but I wouldn't be surprised if offering nothing more than Never Trump also becomes a loser campaign. Right now, the Dems offer Never Trump and Everything is Free Sanders, now Warren. In a neutral world, how is that an enticement for a small business person? If the Democratic assemblage of identity politics pulls together, it might work and the Dems may take the House. I get that. But you're not offering anything at all to independents, libertarians or those without a special interest.

Thus, we will be stuck with a back and forth war for the foreseeable future. That is my concern if the Dems win. It would be better for the Dems to lose so that both parties rethink their strategies, because the Dems must offer something more than We Hate Trump and We will mortgage the future to give away free stuff we can't afford now. It might win, but it is terrible government policy. There are no longer moderates in the Democratic Party and the GOP has no message as well. We're screwed.

It all comes done to cost. Analyze the immigrant issue on the basis of money. People want to let them in, do so because they believe society can afford to give asylum and to integrate into society. People who want limits, believe they will overwhelm the resources. It mostly comes down to money.

The Dems usually cost society more than the GOP, but both are terribly expensive. Many of us need a less expensive government. You may not understand that.
    Last edited by Topper; 06-23-2018 at 06:53 PM.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    libertarians dont support trump
    What makes you think I support Drumpf or even voted for him?

Sent from my iPhone (and not some dumb android device)!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Last edited by Moliere; 06-24-2018 at 07:20 PM.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Suomalainen New Mexican Disaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    What makes you think I support Drumpf or even voted for him?

Sent from my iPhone (and not some dumb android device)!
    Just your incredibly irritating behavior and constant defending of him.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
    Just your incredibly irritating behavior and constant defending of him.
    I am just denouncing the hypocrites... Just trying to be like Jesus!

“Ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness.

“Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity”
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    The left is starting to go too far. Time to reel it back a bit Ms Waters.
    Agree. The left's unhinged paranoia begets violence toward those that are not "woke" enough to agree. These latest restaurant incidents are very disturbing.

The reasoning seems to be:

"We are doing this (e.g. throwing Mrs. Sanders out of a restaurant or shouting the DHS secretary out of another), because you first did that (long list of grievances)."

You hear that same logic from high-school and middle-school aged kids with behavior problems all day, every day. The lack of self-awareness upon reflection is striking (though not necessarily surprising) for a pre-teen/early-teen. However, in this case... the Democrats are supposedly "the adults in the room".
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Also, this:

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Also, this:

Other than the spelling error, that is right on.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Pre-Historic Man

Agree. The left's unhinged paranoia begets violence toward those that are not "woke" enough to agree. These latest restaurant incidents are very disturbing.

"We are doing this (e.g. throwing Mrs. Sanders out of a restaurant or shouting the DHS secretary out of another), because you first did that (long list of grievances)."

You hear that same logic from high-school and middle-school aged kids with behavior problems all day, every day. The lack of self-awareness upon reflection is striking (though not necessarily surprising) for a pre-teen/early-teen. However, in this case... the Democrats are supposedly "the adults in the room".
    It seems the public accommodation component of the law will forbid this, so although popular with the Left and with the Franks of the world, it isn't a very legally sound position.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Ha. That having been said, I would gladly sit in a cell and pay the price for any level of vicious attack I could get in on Stephen Miller.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

The whole thing is nuts. The press secretary is a really stupid target to go after. The job of a press secretary is to be a spokesman for the POTUS, you idiots. She is doing her job.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    The whole thing is nuts. The press secretary is a really stupid target to go after. The job of a press secretary is to be a spokesman for the POTUS, you idiots. She is doing her job.
    Yeah, I think the point is that she doesn't have to do that job.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    While this is true, do you support the suggestions of Maxine Waters?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Also, this:

Just to help some of the bird get ready, Trump wins by a landslide in 2020.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Somebody does!

Do people really think nobody should do that job?

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Just to help some of the bird get ready, Trump wins by a landslide in 2020.
    lol, he might win but it won't be by a landslide. He hasn't been popular with anyone other than his base.

Somebody does!

I think our very own Ted, or maybe even Walter could be up for the job.

I think our very own Ted, or maybe even Walter could be up for the job.
    See I don’t get this mindset. You and I hate Trump but I think it is crazy to think he shouldn’t have a press secretary. Or that it is a shameful position. Good grief.

See I don’t get this mindset. You and I hate Trump but I think it is crazy to think he shouldn’t have a press secretary. Or that it is a shameful position. Good grief.
    I didn’t say he shouldn’t have a press secretary? I was just nominating Ted. Sheesh.

actually you advocated that a bot rather than a person act as Trump's secretary...
    Last edited by Flystripper; 06-25-2018 at 09:56 AM.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Somebody does!

Well, I don't think that. But if one is going to do it the way she does, repeating obvious lies by the POTUS, she should be prepared when people express their disgust for her. The #2, Raj Shah, does a much better, more engaging job. But no doubt POTUS doesn't like that approach. He wants a rude, confrontational lyer that tows the Trump line, no matter how absurd. He wants a war on the press, so he puts her out there. She's there because does exactly what he wants. The consequences follow for her.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    While this is true, do you support the suggestions of Maxine Waters?
    I did last night, but mrs. myboynoah and the Washington Post talked be back from the ledge.

But we've entered a whole new era of political discourse introduced by the POTUS. If his people can't take it coming right back at them, then maybe they should get other jobs.

I did last night, but mrs. myboynoah and the Washington Post talked be back from the ledge.

But we've entered a whole new era of political discourse introduced by the POTUS. If his people can't take it coming right back at them, then maybe they should get other jobs.
    Case in point. This is their boss. He's lying (big surprise). Get used to the shunning, folks.

Case in point. This is their boss. He's lying (big surprise). Get used to the shunning, folks.

So you support booting your political opponents from restaurants? Wow.

I didn’t say he shouldn’t have a press secretary? I was just nominating Ted. Sheesh.
    I already have a job which rewards me very well... but thanks Frank!

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    actually you advocated that a bot rather than a person act as Trump's secretary...
    Good idea... Drumpf should just get a Russian bot to answer the dumb press' questions.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

NBWSdigVShqP8Mr7rjp2fnc3krNBdGM4RyA8pnl2QFg.jpg

The dems calling themselves the "adults in the room" is a lot like Drumpf calling himself very smart... everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

So you support booting your political opponents from restaurants? Wow.
    No I don't, and that is not what is happening here. I'm sure Trump supporters can go eat at those places unharrassed. But when the POTUS pulls shit like this by leading the charge of insults and uncivil behavior, then well-known members of his team may face similar behavior from those that the POTUS is attacking.

Here is the deal on Sanders: it seems to me that the job of a press secretary is to speak for the president - to do the very best you can to accurately represent his positions, plans, etc. It is similar to an attorney representing the interests of a client. It is also a very important and necessary position. Going after her seems crazy to me. If you don't like the message, go after the source. Don't shoot the messenger.

MBN, you are arguing that the problem is her tactics. 99% of the reaction I am seeing is simply based on the fact that she is a spokesperson for Trump, whom people hate.

This is kind of polarization drives me crazy. Are we really going to have republican-only and democrat-only restaurants? Would it really kill someone to have to serve her a meal? Political discourse is at an all-time low.

Here is the deal on Sanders: it seems to me that the job of a press secretary is to speak for the president - to do the very best you can to accurately represent his positions, plans, etc. It is similar to an attorney representing the interests of a client. It is also a very important and necessary position. Going after her seems crazy to me. If you don't like the message, go after the source. Don't shoot the messenger.

MBN, you are arguing that the problem is her tactics. 99% of the reaction I am seeing is simply based on the fact that she is a spokesperson for Trump, whom people hate.

This is kind of polarization drives me crazy. Are we really going to have republican-only and democrat-only restaurants? Would it really kill someone to have to serve her a meal? Political discourse is at an all-time low.
    I think you're giving her a big pass. She's not some robot, or even a lawyer. She is the face of the administration. She is supposed to be providing us with information. Often times nothing comes of those press briefings. She is complicit with his policies, his racism, his assholerly, his lies, his attacks on a free and open press. If he is dangerous, then she is dangerous.1.

Like I sad, in an era where her boss leads the uncouth behavior, we shouldn't be surprised if it comes back at her and others in the administration carrying the POTUS' water. And we shouldn't be surprised if many people who might have cared before simply shrug.