Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Trump trashes our NATO allies on camera in front of them. Wow.
    He's doing his damnedest to realign the US closer to Russia and damage NATO. Horrific stuff.

Comment

• Europe has been rebuilt. NATO is obsolete and should go away.
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        Europe has been rebuilt. NATO is obsolete and should go away.
        just what putin wants

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
          just what putin wants
          As does Rand Paul and Mike Lee... God bless 'em.
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
            Crockett likes the guy, for one.
            This explains a lot. You don't actually read my posts. Three posts above yours I wrote that I don't like him and don't want him leading our country. But you see what you want to see, not what I actually write. I have said repeatedly that I don't like Trump, will criticize things he does that I don't like, but I'll also support the actions I like.

Cowboy gets it, though.

Comment

• Can we have these political discussions without getting personal? We seem to spend more time talking about posters and their moral failings for supporting/not supporting Trump than actual political issues. Come on, folks.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                I don't understand the 'Trump Apologist' and 'Trump Supporter' labels applied to posters here. I didn't go back through the whole thread, but I haven't seen anyone here who likes the guy. There are different levels of disdain, but even handful of people who voted for him have expressed that they wish there had been another option.

He's shown that he is insecure, egocentric, thin skinned, brash, crude, arrogant, amoral, power hungry, divisive, and unwilling to either take advice or compromise. His foreign policy appears to be a disaster, and his approach to trade was proven calamitous in the '30's.

Still, he's done a couple of good things. Not a lot, and not enough for me to wish the party hadn't nominated someone else, but they've been good, nonetheless. First, I like his court picks, though I admittedly don't know much about the new guy whose name escapes me. Best, he freed the Hammonds, who were sentenced to 5 years for letting a fire on private property encroach onto 5 acres of public land covered with sagebrush. The initial court said the minimum 5-year sentence would "shock the conscience", but the Obama administration appealed the sentence and gave them the full 5 years. It was an abhorrent miscarriages of justice.

I mentioned the Hammonds' pardon in another thread, but I want it mentioned here. Even bad men can do good things. If people can't recognize that as a good thing then they may be no more objective than the Trump lovers.
                I haven't seen anyone, even the most ardent Trump haters, claim that he is incapable of ever doing a single good thing. If anyone makes such a claim, I will join you in disagreeing.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  He's doing his damnedest to realign the US closer to Russia and damage NATO. Horrific stuff.
                  What?

Here's what Trump actually said:

“Germany, as far as I’m concerned, is captive to Russia because it’s getting so much of its energy from Russia,” Trump told NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, in a fiery on-camera exchange that was among the harshest in the history of the post-World War II alliance.

“We have to talk about the billions and billions of dollars that’s being paid to the country we’re supposed to be protecting you against,” Trump said, referring to European purchases of Russian natural gas.
                  How does reduce your dependence on Russia, stop sending Russia so much money for gas, and start paying your fair share to be able to defend as part of NATO realign the US closer to Russia? What is happening is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you say. Trump wants NATO and especially Germany to step up. Germany only has a few functioning fighter jets and uses broomsticks for guns in training because they underfund their defense so much. It's embarrasing. Even if Trump could have delivered the message more diplomatically, what part of what he said is incorrect? Seriously, I'd like to know.

BTW, you ever sat in a meeting with Germans? I do all the time. They are the most direct, speak-your-mind, say-it-to-your-face people you will ever meet. They can handle it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    I haven't seen anyone, even the most ardent Trump haters, claim that he is incapable of ever doing a single good thing. If anyone makes such a claim, I will join you in disagreeing.
                    I used to believe he was a normal person deep down and all that crazy rhetoric was to mobilize the mobile homes for the election. I was soon proven wrong by his doubling down on his contempt for immigrants, DACA kids, refugees, Muslims, and non-whites. He's bad for America like Sean Hannity.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                      What?

Here's what Trump actually said:

How does reduce your dependence on Russia, stop sending Russia so much money for gas, and start paying your fair share to be able to defend as part of NATO realign the US closer to Russia? What is happening is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you say. Trump wants NATO and especially Germany to step up. Germany only has a few functioning fighter jets and uses broomsticks for guns in training because they underfund their defense so much. It's embarrasing. Even if Trump could have delivered the message more diplomatically, what part of what he said is incorrect? Seriously, I'd like to know.

BTW, you ever sat in a meeting with Germans? I do all the time. They are the most direct, speak-your-mind, say-it-to-your-face people you will ever meet. They can handle it.
                      I'm having a hard time understanding how German businesses buying oil and gas from the most efficient supplier for them should have anything to do with international alliances between Germany the country and the US. It sounds to me more like a rhetorical smokescreen to excuse Trump's attempts to do something Putin really likes which is to stir up trouble in the US relationship with Germany and the rest of Western Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                        I'm having a hard time understanding how German businesses buying oil and gas from the most efficient supplier for them should have anything to do with international alliances between Germany the country and the US. It sounds to me more like a rhetorical smokescreen to excuse Trump's attempts to do something Putin really likes which is to stir up trouble in the US relationship with Germany and the rest of Western Europe.
                        Yep. And a really ham-fisted attempt at that.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                          They are buying oil and gas from those basturd Russians.... you know, the main reason that NATO exists or are the Ruskies part of NATO now? I hope that helps.

Edit: Maybe NATO is obsolete like Walter said.
                          Last edited by Uncle Ted; 07-11-2018, 10:56 AM.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Who would stand to gain if NATO was abolished? Say if there was no visible Western front to provide a unified resistance to Russian shenanigans?
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              Who would stand to gain if NATO was abolished? Say if there was no visible Western front to provide a unified resistance to Russian shenanigans?
                              They wouldn't invade Germany... who would buy their gas and oil crap?
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                They wouldn't invade Germany... who would buy their gas and oil crap?
                                Uh, Germany would still buy it if the Russians took them over, actually probably even more so. Spoils of war, right?

Also, PUTIN sure doesn't talk or act like he thinks NATO is obsolete. It's more like a giant pain in his ass that he hopes Donald Trump can do his bidding to get rid of for him. It would make it a little easier for him to run the tanks into places like the Baltics or Poland. the Russian economy sucks. A country that big with an economy that produces the same as Italy? Pathetic. Putin's old school dictator style instead of opening up freedoms and markets is to fix that by taking over other countries.
                                Last edited by BlueK; 07-11-2018, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X