Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    It may have been because you have never bothered to ask. Most of us "liberals" have been screaming from the top of our fucking lungs for the better part of 15 years for various well-articulated plans for immigration reform that would solve most of what seems to ail you. All of which, by the way, are swiftly batted down by conservatives in the House or the Senate who fear losing their seat more than they want to fix a humanitarian problem.
    I’ve read the immigration platforms of the dems in my state. They are almost entirely anti-Trump instead of having an actual plan. Beto seems to be the closest to actuallly proposing anything, but it seems to be a bit neutered, which I’d expect from a dem running in a conservative state. He seems to be going after the never trump vote more than the liberal left.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      I’ve read the immigration platforms of the dems in my state. They are almost entirely anti-Trump instead of having an actual plan. Beto seems to be the closest to actuallly proposing anything, but it seems to be a bit neutered, which I’d expect from a dem running in a conservative state. He seems to be going after the never trump vote more than the liberal left.
      Do tell- what is the platform? Feel free to cut and paste...
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

It is barbaric.

What is the requirement of the law for situations like these? My understanding is the adults should be jailed according to the law because they are illegally entering the US. What then are we supposed to do with the children they bring with them?
        No. If they are 'arriving aliens' applying for asylum they are screened and paroled into the country, given documents, advisals, and released to family members in the country or remain in detention until they can round up evidence they have somewhere to go while their case is pending. Also, in every situation under the sun, small children remain with their parents. This is a civil procedure- not criminal. If they are arriving and crossing the border unlawfully, they are cited, fingerprinted, and sent back across the border. This removal sustains more dire consequences if they attempt another crossing while they are subject to a (typically 5-year bar) current punishment.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

It's not just the Democrats who have proposed or articulated any vision for immigration reform. The Gang of 8 - a bipartisan coalition- attempted to put together an itty bitty starting point to get going on immigration reform. It included the DREAM Act, too, but Boener refused to put it to a vote. Thanks, Boener.

There have been several variations of immigration proposals lately, most of which are primarily about DACA but address other issues as well. That is the problem with immigration-- if you can't pass baby-steps DACA legislation, what hope does something more sweeping that would fix Clinton's IIRIRA have?

Trump said it was a problem and that he'd sign any bipartisan agreement a commission came up with. So the Graham commission went to work and came up with something and Trump said no because John Kelly didn't like it. Trump's a bitch- can't even keep his word if he wanted to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
            Need to build that danged wall. Problem solved.

WTF! Is McCann running for re-election again?
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Trump and Kim Jung Un "understand each other" according to Trump's recent interview on Fox. No normal person would be able to relate to a thug like that who has killed his relatives to stay in power. Did Trump really mean to say that?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                Trump and Kim Jung Un "understand each other" according to Trump's recent interview on Fox. No normal person would be able to relate to a thug like that who has killed his relatives to stay in power. Did Trump really mean to say that?
                There are a lot of different ways to parse that statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                  You're so wrong. Only one way; the "BlueK" way:
                  President Trump "understands" Kim because President Trump has also killed his relatives to stay in power. Melania didn't have kidney surgery; she was killed by Trump. The new Melania (a body double) is a Russian plant put there by Trump's homeboy Vladimir Putin! This new Russian Melania will whisper Putin's bidding into President Trump's ear. I wish I wasn't making this up.
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Trump and Kim Jung Un "understand each other" according to Trump's recent interview on Fox. No normal person would be able to relate to a thug like that who has killed his relatives to stay in power. Did Trump really mean to say that?
                    Can you truly not think of any two people who "understand each other" or who are "able to relate" to each other - who are not exactly the same in every way?

I mean, Dennis Rodman is a weird dude in a lot of ways - but he seems to "understand" and "relates to" Kim Jun Un. Are you thinking Dennis has killed off some relatives somewhere too? (I mean - just to throw out one example that also includes Kim. Please, feel free to consider other examples of people who understand each other and can relate, but who don't have killing their own relatives in common.)

You might also consider that, like many things he does and says, this is all just part of Trump's great plan to form whatever relationship he's trying to form with Kim and/or he's trying to impress everyone with his ability to be a statesman and relate to people, so he publicly says he can relate to Kim to convince us.

Who knows what Trump is thinking - but I doubt it's "Hey! You killed your uncle with an anti-aircraft gun? ME TOO!!! We have SO much in common!"

It really becomes difficult to take anything you have to say about Trump seriously, when your position on the guy seems to be that Satan has clawed his way up from Hell, dragging with him Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, and a host of other bloodthirsty despot dictators to possess Trump's mind and body and attempt to do every evil and immoral act known to man.

I'm not saying Trump is a good dude by any means - but you really are starting to seem pathological on this issue.

Comment

• I'm not going to feign too much outrage at all Trump's blunders at the NK thing, although I think he's a giant mouthbreathing dummy who doesn't understand the nuances of foreign policy. Yeah NK remains a nuclear threat for those of you who are deluded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        Sure. Crazy statement though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                          You're so wrong. Only one way; the "BlueK" way:
                          President Trump "understands" Kim because President Trump has also killed his relatives to stay in power. Melania didn't have kidney surgery; she was killed by Trump. The new Melania (a body double) is a Russian plant put there by Trump's homeboy Vladimir Putin! This new Russian Melania will whisper Putin's bidding into President Trump's ear. I wish I wasn't making this up.
                          I never said that, moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                            Can you truly not think of any two people who "understand each other" or who are "able to relate" to each other - who are not exactly the same in every way?

I mean, Dennis Rodman is a weird dude in a lot of ways - but he seems to "understand" and "relates to" Kim Jun Un. Are you thinking Dennis has killed off some relatives somewhere too? (I mean - just to throw out one example that also includes Kim. Please, feel free to consider other examples of people who understand each other and can relate, but who don't have killing their own relatives in common.)

You might also consider that, like many things he does and says, this is all just part of Trump's great plan to form whatever relationship he's trying to form with Kim and/or he's trying to impress everyone with his ability to be a statesman and relate to people, so he publicly says he can relate to Kim to convince us.

Who knows what Trump is thinking - but I doubt it's "Hey! You killed your uncle with an anti-aircraft gun? ME TOO!!! We have SO much in common!"

It really becomes difficult to take anything you have to say about Trump seriously, when your position on the guy seems to be that Satan has clawed his way up from Hell, dragging with him Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, and a host of other bloodthirsty despot dictators to possess Trump's mind and body and attempt to do every evil and immoral act known to man.

I'm not saying Trump is a good dude by any means - but you really are starting to seem pathological on this issue.
                            Pathological? Maybe if I had actually said the stuff you're saying. But I haven't. Does he have strong authoritarian tendencies?
                            Is that even seriously debatable? But no, I don't think as President that it's a good idea to praise dictators and piss off friendly countries. I don't think you do either.

And taking kids away from their parents the way he and Jeff Sessions are doing it at the border is immoral. I won't back off on that.
                            Last edited by BlueK; 06-15-2018, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Only those running for House or Senate really matter when it comes to immigration issues since it's a federal deal. I think it's silly if the person running for agriculture commissioner or comptroller have immigration stuff on their platform since they have no say in the matter. I like what Beto has on his site about it. And he should be going for never Trump voters along with the traditional democrat ones he's going to have anyway.

Beto O'Rourke (running against Ted Cruz):

End the militarization of our immigration enforcement system, and close private immigration prisons and detention centers that profit from locking up families.

Pass the DREAM Act and ensure that undocumented immigrants who were brought here as children, known as ‘Dreamers’, find a permanent home and citizenship in the U.S.

Ensure that those who come to our borders seeking refuge from violence and persecution are given a fair opportunity to present their claims and guaranteed due process under our laws.

Improve the immigration system to encourage and facilitate family reunification, education, and the investment of talent in our country.

Modernize the visa system to allow U.S. employers to find workers for jobs that American workers can’t fill.

Reform our immigration laws to legalize the status of millions of immigrants already in our country and ensure a fair path to citizenship for those inspired by the opportunity and ideals that we present to the rest of the world.
                              Last edited by BlueK; 06-15-2018, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Sure. Crazy statement though.
                                Not necessarily.

Comment

Working...
                                X