Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
    As a % of total income (not taxable to avoid their stupid shell-game), my federal tax rate went from 5.7% to 6.9%, and state went from 3.4% to 4.7%. Seriously screw the the lying sacks of shit GOP and their tax bill that shifted the tax burden from cash flushed corporations (that donate a lot to their election campaigns) and to me; joe-blow that can hardly afford to take his kids to disneyland.
    Sounds like you are one of the small minority that didn’t get a tax cut. Or possibly you did get one but the Dems have conditioned you to think you didn’t #goptaxscam
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      Sounds like you are one of the small minority that didn’t get a tax cut. Or possibly you did get one but the Dems have conditioned you to think you didn’t #goptaxscam
      Is 35% a "small minority"?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.e69227f70f31
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

It's a little hard to draw many useful conclusions from the scant information provided. Mr. Bean, if you want to be taken seriously, please release the last ten years of your tax returns.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Oh sure. You're obviously complaining because you didn't get a cut. Should have worked harder to make welder-level money, bro. I got a cut
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

It’s smaller than 49%
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Basically anyone in high tax states like California and New York lost some of their federal subsidy for the state taxes. That's a large number of people. I feel for them. But their problem should be with their state governments for over-taxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                Basically anyone in high tax states like California and New York lost some of their federal subsidy for the state taxes. That's a large number of people. I feel for them. But their problem should be with their state governments for over-taxing.
                Yep. My state taxes are over the limit so I lost out a bit this year compared to last year. For most people it’s not a difficult subsidy to keep. I could keep it if I had a smaller home or lived in a different neighborhood.

Comment

Yep. My state taxes are over the limit so I lost out a bit this year compared to last year. For most people it’s not a difficult subsidy to keep. I could keep it if I had a smaller home or lived in a different neighborhood.
                  As a fellow Texan, I'm interested to learn of your state income tax rate or dollar amount. (hint: they are the same, as in zero).
                  “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                  "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• I tried to pay my taxes but the government wouldn't take my money!

You have to love Drumpf... He shut down the IRS!
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                      As a fellow Texan, I'm interested to learn of your state income tax rate or dollar amount. (hint: they are the same, as in zero).
                      Yeah, I am very curious about that remark. Moliere is an accountant, right? What are we missing here?
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Yeah, I am very curious about that remark. Moliere is an accountant, right? What are we missing here?
                        Isn’t he talking about all state and local taxes, including property taxes?
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          Isn’t he talking about all state and local taxes, including property taxes?
                          That must be it.

Comment

I am guessing that Moli has a very nice house with a pool.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              I am guessing that Moli has a very nice house with a pool.
                              Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              I could keep it if I had a smaller home or lived in a different neighborhood.
                              Pretty obvious with the not-so-subtle humble brag.
                              Last edited by SCcoug; 04-17-2019, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                                Sorry, should have said state and local taxes. Most of what I pay is property taxes to local municipal use and schools. I pay state sales tax which is also part of the $10k limitation.

Comment

Working...
                                X