Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    How exactly do you know that the kid that was ripped from their arms is actually theirs and they are just using the kid as some "pawn" (as part of their sex trafficking business)? Oh, because the crying Rachel Maddow told you so... got it. Please keep in mind the vast majority of these kids don't have parents with them. Only 2,000 of the 12,000 currently.

Yeah, I may be wrong about you... I now suspect you have personally adopted at least 30 of the 10,000+ kids without parents, amirite? So where do the other 9,970 go? Do they give $10 and turn them loose on the streets of El Paso or Brownsville? Then what about the 100,000+ kids that follow when the word gets out that the doors are open.

You go to quite the rhetorical gymnastics to defend Trump. Do you realize what a xenophobic nut you sound like in this post? Hey it's for a good cause though!! Talking to you, I realize I may have been wrong about Donald!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
      that 2,000 out of 12,000 was made up by trump admin with zero evidence.
      Oh, you have much better data, do you? Spill it, man!
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
        that 2,000 out of 12,000 was made up by trump admin with zero evidence.
        Why would the Trustworthy Trump Administration ever need evidence?
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
          You go to quite the rhetorical gymnastics to defend Trump. Do you realize what a xenophobic nut you sound like in this post? Hey it's for a good cause though!! Talking to you, I realize I may have been wrong about Donald!
          So tell me since your are all bleeding heart and smart and stuff... What do they do with the kids (especially the ones without parents, with or without phone numbers written on their t-shirts)?
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Why would the Trustworthy Trump Administration ever need evidence?
            If you have better data then put the sh*t up? Or STFU
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Uncle Ted, you might want to avoid the LDS Newsroom. They made a recent statement that might push you over the edge.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

So tell me since your are all bleeding heart and smart and stuff... What do they do with the kids (especially the ones without parents, with or without phone numbers written on their t-shirts)?
                They are remanded to the Office of Refugee Settlement, who doles them out to shelters and foster homes. They are/were in the process of building a neat internment camp tent city in El Paso to keep up with all the new kids separated from parents, including a "tender age" facility for those infants/toddlers in the bunch. Holy shit this administration is brilliant.

Comment

They are remanded to the Office of Refugee Settlement, who doles them out to shelters and foster homes. They are/were in the process of building a neat internment camp tent city in El Paso to keep up with all the new kids separated from parents, including a "tender age" facility for those infants/toddlers in the bunch. Holy shit this administration is brilliant.
                  So just how many of these kids do you have in home, again?
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

So just how many of these kids do you have in home, again?
                    You seem REALLY worried about brown kids. Don't worry- their brown skin won't make your white hands dirty if you touch them.

Comment

• We have the cast of New Jersey Shore in power, is basically what's going on...

Comment

• Nailed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Uncle Ted, you might want to avoid the LDS Newsroom. They made a recent statement that might push you over the edge.

So the safe thing to do is to keep the kids with their "parents" (or the people that may be using them as a "pawn") when the parents are in the same detention area as other adults? Got it. I guess that would save on foster homes when parents are thrown in jail for other crimes too... they can just share a cell with their father or mother. Maybe they could put the whole family in the same cell to keep families together!

Families are forever!
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

You seem REALLY worried about brown kids. Don't worry- their brown skin won't make your white hands dirty if you touch them.
                            You don't know me.. My skin is brown, you big dummy.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Oh, you have much better data, do you? Spill it, man!
                              wheres your data youre making the claim. Not my job. Your evidence is a quote from trump admin.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                Is that due to immigration issues or full employment in the labor market? (sincere question)
                                It's both. If you'll allow me to stand on a soapbox for a minute, I'll opine.

We have relied on immigrants, legal or not, to fill manual labor positions for nearly two centuries. Ireland, China, Mexico, etc., have all seen their people leave for the US to work in the mines, railroads, factories, and fields. Subsequent generations climbed the economic ladder, and seeing immigrants realize the American Dream is what encouraged people from other countries to immigrate. Along the way, America attracted some of the best and brightest from every country and became the world's largest economy. While the inter-generational upward economic mobility of some ethnicities has exceeded that of others, and it has slowed in the past half century, it still exists within all immigrant groups.

Now it's nearly impossible to get here from Eastern Europe (hyperbole, but it is more difficult that coming from Mexico), and unions, blue collar republicans, and 'Merica Morons insist that immigrants "take our jobs" (not true, but another argument for another post), so it is difficult and legally very risky to hire Mexicans to as laborers as we traditionally have. The result is a very predictable labor shortage.

Pelagius can correct me, but I think this poses a bigger economic threat than any trade war. We deal with labor shortages in the long run with technology and innovation. Agriculture is a perfect example; technological advances have helped farmers to produce exponentially more food per unit of labor than even 15 years ago. In the short run, though, production lags demand, wages increase, and inflation follows. Given the amount of liquidity the Fed has dumped into the economy over the last decade, this is a recipe for disaster.

We've seen over and over that the market is bigger than any entity or even country's ability to move it. Soros showed it, LTCM showed it, and quantitative easing showed it. When a market chooses a direction, nothing can stop it. The market for money (borrowing) is no exception. The only thing that has kept inflation in check up until now has been a low velocity economy where investment and borrowing have been somewhat conservative. If companies and individuals regain confidence to invest in expansion and durable goods, the labor market will be strained - which is what we're starting to see. Then inflation takes off, the Fed raises interest rates rise, a recession follows, rinse, repeat. This is the typical Keynesian boom and bust cycle that Hayek predicted (not taking sides, just saying it is a predictable cycle), except this time the tremendous amount of fuel that the Fed has poured into the economy with quantitative easing has the potential to make the rate hikes and subsequent recession extreme.

One thing that can keep inflation in check is productivity. If we are producing enough stuff to absorb all the dollars the Fed has dropped into the economy, then inflation stays manageable even as velocity (borrowing and spending) increases. This brings us back to labor. We have to grow our workforce in the short-term to increase productivity. It's a common misconception that we are at full employment, but over 5% of the male population between 24 and 54 are able to work and choose not to, according to the BLS. So, to make up for the lazy losers that just don't want a job, we need immigrants who want to come here and make their lives better. It makes the economy better, it makes the country better, and it makes lives better. Without them, particularly with an aging population, we will have labor shortages and inflation and interest rates that haven't been seen since the '80's.

The End.

PS - This discussion reminds me scared I get when I listen to people talk about subjects like this and realize they have the right to vote.
                                sigpic
                                "Outlined against a blue, gray
                                October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                                Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Working...
                                X