Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    :rockon2:
    not all libertarians are isolationists.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      not all libertarians are isolationists.
      Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan are not economic geniuses. Following their advice would be a good way to damage the economy. New World Order paranoia crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan are not economic geniuses. Following their advice would be a good way to damage the economy. New World Order paranoia crap.
        There is more than one way to be a libertarian. You don't have to go down the conspiracy theory/isolationist path.

Alternate view to Trump's trade ideas from a libertarian source:

https://www.cato.org/publications/co...ngry-misguided
        Last edited by BlueK; 06-29-2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

There is more than one way to be a libertarian. You don't have to go down the conspiracy theory/isolationist path.

I don’t disagree. It’s a shame Ron Paul, with his racist newsletter and all, became the mascot for Libertarianism. He became internet popular and a lot of nerdy white guys got to feel cool and edgy for supporting him.

Comment

That's a very good article.
            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Trump has been far more hostile to the press. Can't believe that is even a point of debate.
              This illustrates a part of the divide over Trump. Words certainly matter, but less so with Trump. He's a self-congratulating, self-promoting blowhard that says a lot of things. So i largely tune that out. It's not very presidential, but I judge him on what he actually does and the results. If you don't listen to what Trump says and you look at the record, then I think he's making a lot of progress on a lot of conservative goals.

When it comes to press freedoms I take the same approach. I care FAR more about what Trump does versus what he says. That's why I think Obama was worse than Trump and why I think it is a fair point of debate. Obama could smile and tell you "most transparent administration ever" but it was a total lie and he was extremely aggressive against whistleblowers and leaks to established journalists. Obama's actions were far more destructive to press freedom than Trump's words. That's not to say that I support what Trump has said towards the press. I also don't have a problem with him calling out fake news when it's legitimately so, and frequently there has been fake news (like yesterday many in the press blamed Trump for the Maryland shooting before the facts came out that the shooting was a vendetta a long time coming).

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                FAKE NEWS-- first of all f*k that term that he coined. He called Fox News "not fake news" because they only report on how rich he is and how large his hands are, apparently. And Trump proclaiming that we should turn away asylum seekers at the border with no judges, no court? Clear unilateral violation of U.S. and international law. All the chants to "lock her up" and continuing to have pep rallies for no discernible reason like Fidel Castro? OH pointing back at the media and proclaiming them to be, to raucous applause from his followers, to be "the real enemy of the people?" Are you serious with this shit? Exercising his pardon power to get his political allies off the hook WAYYYYY outside the regular protocol - as in BEFORE THEY ARE EVEN SENTENCED? And decimating our relationships with our strongest allies, trading partners and neighbors while keeping his tongue firmly planted up Putin's rectum? Oh how about the f*king MILITARY PARADE they are ramping up to have in his honor? Trump can eat 12 dicks. Not sorry.
                See my response to JL just above this post. Yeah, I am serious.

Trump didn't coin fake news, but he certainly likes to use it. And often he was not wrong (here's a recent one). There are many examples of the press getting it wrong because they so bad want to get back at Trump.

I'm not an expert on immigration law, but I know non-citizens don't have the same rights as citizens. Many on this issue don't want him to enforce the existing laws, and apparently you want to pick and choose which laws to follow to suit your political views.

Has Hillary been locked up? Is Hillary being prosecuted? She clearly broke the law, but it looks like she will get away with it. As far as I can see, there is no evidence of Trump using the power of the federal govt to go after political enemies. Obama did though. The weaponized IRS is an egregious example.

And down the memory hole go Obama statements like: "If they [the GOP] bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun," he said during a fundraiser in Philadelphia in June 2008. "Because from what I understand, folks in Philly like a good brawl. I've seen Eagles fans." In 2009, Obama "joked" about auditing his enemies. "I want you to talk to republicans and argue with them and get in their face."

You have a problem with a military parade on Veteran's Day? It's not in Trump's honor. Sheesh. The French do one, too. Oh wait, they actually do have a history of dictators...

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                  You have a problem with a military parade on Veteran's Day? It's not in Trump's honor. Sheesh. The French do one, too. Oh wait, they actually do have a history of dictators...
                  Bring the troops home from Korea (and Japan) and throw them a parade. Job well done!
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

yeah, why would we want a president who understands the Constitution.

In all seriousness, I do think it's a little troubling that having a president who just gets things done comes higher in the priority list for so many voters than one who knows and respects the Constitution.
                    Of course I want a President who understands the constitution. BK, I think you and I are politically closer than you may think. You appear to be just more of a purist and I am more of a pragmatist when it comes to Trump. Again, the other option was Hillary and she doesn't respect the Constitution.

Comment

yeah, why would we want a president who understands the Constitution.
                      Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                      the other option was Hillary and she doesn't respect the Constitution.
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                        Let me put it this way. I think that Trump has enough people working for him that do respect the constitution, that influence and direct policy, and that are conservative in this classical way, so that many of the policies that come out of the White House are indeed conservative.

Comment

Let me put it this way. I think that Trump has enough people working for him that do respect the constitution, that influence and direct policy, and that are conservative in this classical way, so that many of the policies that come out of the White House are indeed conservative.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Oh brother. So all of the progress on conservative goals in a year and a half -- lower taxes, reduced regulation, less interventionist, support for the 2A, conservative supreme court nominees, reign in the EPA, roll back Obama executive orders, etc. -- has nothing to do with the administration?

Comment

Oh brother. So all of the progress on conservative goals in a year and a half -- lower taxes, reduced regulation, less interventionist, support for the 2A, conservative supreme court nominees, reign in the EPA, roll back Obama executive orders, etc. -- has nothing to do with the administration?
                              Trump is not a conservative. He is a populist.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.29d222a5d491
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Trump is not a conservative. He is a populist.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.29d222a5d491
                                Thank you for helping me make my point. As I said, it's the work of many influencers in his administration that are helping achieve conservative goals. Trump wouldn't do all of this on his own.

Comment

Working...
                                X