Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
    So after retweeting this:

he does this:

Just a typical Wednesday.

Israeli Jews think Trump is the "second coming of God"? What do they think the "first coming" was?
    Last edited by UVACoug; 08-22-2019, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
      Israeli Jews think Trump is the "second coming of God"? What do they think the "first coming" was?
      Judaism, christianity, whatever. Don't worry about it, he's on a roll!
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
        This has been a pretty extreme week for the president, even by Trump standards.

"The President had a tantrum at NATO ally Denmark only because it wouldn't sell him Greenland, doubled down on an anti-Semitic trope, basked in the praise of a right-wing conspiracy theorist, helped advance Russian foreign policy, joked he'd like to award himself a Medal of Honor, endorsed a comparison of him to a King and deified himself as a 'chosen one.'"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/22/polit...icy/index.html
        I'd like some video of this tantrum.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          I'd like some video of this tantrum.
          he's having another one on twitter this morning. Most likely he'll jack up the tariffs even more. Hello recession.

He's completely irrational and unhinged now. I don't know how that wouldn't be pretty clear to some people. Was he just joking or was he completely off his rocker when he talked about being the "chosen one" after that internet nutjob compared him to Jesus Christ?
          Last edited by BlueK; 08-23-2019, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• I'm beginning to think Trump is unfit for office.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Tweeting "My only question is, who is our bigger enemy, [Fed Chairman] Jay Powell or Chairman Xi?" is another ow in his public utterances. I can understand having disagreements with the independent Fed, but Trump's constant demonization of fellow Americans is reprehensible and tiresome. But it's kind of funny that a business school moron ("Dumbest student I ever had") thinks he's smarter on monetary policy than the Fed brain trust.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                Tweeting "My only question is, who is our bigger enemy, [Fed Chairman] Jay Powell or Chairman Xi?" is another ow in his public utterances. I can understand having disagreements with the independent Fed, but Trump's constant demonization of fellow Americans is reprehensible and tiresome. But it's kind of funny that a business school moron ("Dumbest student I ever had") thinks he's smarter on monetary policy than the Fed brain trust.
                I've complained about this many times. But the one thing that makes him most unfit for the presidency is his unabashed demagoguery. I'm sure there's some here (UT?) who can dredge up quotes from Obama and others criticizing groups of Americans. But Trump is in a completely different orbit. Democrats, Muslims, immigrants, anyone who doesn't tow his line. He cares nothing for public decency. He doesn't even pretend to strive for unity.

Lump of sand for me in 2020. It would at least make a more symbolic plea for unity than Trump.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• He wants to use up all the efficacy of the most important tool The Fed has to combat recession before a real recession even hits. The Fed has to keep some dry powder so they can cut rates when the shit eventually hits the fan due to the trade war.

It really isn’t hard to understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    Tweeting "My only question is, who is our bigger enemy, [Fed Chairman] Jay Powell or Chairman Xi?" is another ow in his public utterances. I can understand having disagreements with the independent Fed, but Trump's constant demonization of fellow Americans is reprehensible and tiresome. But it's kind of funny that a business school moron ("Dumbest student I ever had") thinks he's smarter on monetary policy than the Fed brain trust.
                    I agree with you to a point. But also see this as more of the same, frankly, when it comes to US politics. Part of me thinks Trump has just taken what he's seen work and pushed the boundaries further. But silly hyperbole is nothing new - it's just new for someone in the oval office to take it that far.

It's done by both sides - no one has the high ground here.

Trump's recent material is what we're talking about - no need to look for more, it's clear.

But I'm not sure that's far different than comparing detaining immigrants to concentration camps or Biden telling Black Americans that Mitt Romney wants to put them all back in chains.

Granted - the worst offenses tend to be used during for campaigning for election - but it sure seems like campaigning is now a 24/7/365 activity any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      He wants to use up all the efficacy of the most important tool The Fed has to combat recession before a real recession even hits. The Fed has to keep some dry powder so they can cut rates when the shit eventually hits the fan due to the trade war.

It really isn’t hard to understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      This logic is a little confusing. If we know a recession is coming, why wouldn't you cut rates now to stop it from coming?

Comment

• President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        But it's kind of funny that a business school moron ("Dumbest student I ever had") thinks he's smarter on monetary policy than the Fed brain trust.
                        I think it was you that posted the video montage of Trump saying, “...nobody knows it better than me, it’s called...[looks at notes for proper pronunciation] devaluation!” That is still one of my favorite clips. I laugh out loud every time I think of it.
                        Last edited by Sullyute; 08-23-2019, 12:10 PM.
                        "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                          he's having another one on twitter this morning. Most likely he'll jack up the tariffs even more. Hello recession.

He's completely irrational and unhinged now. I don't know how that wouldn't be pretty clear to some people. Was he just joking or was he completely off his rocker when he talked about being the "chosen one" after that internet nutjob compared him to Jesus Christ?
                          fify
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                            This logic is a little confusing. If we know a recession is coming, why wouldn't you cut rates now to stop it from coming?
                            Because recession is inevitable. Economies are naturally cyclical and it's not realistic to think that the last decade of growth can continue indefinitely. Basically, it's not possible to stop the recession from coming, only to soften its impact when it happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                              Because recession is inevitable. Economies are naturally cyclical and it's not realistic to think that the last decade of growth can continue indefinitely. Basically, it's not possible to stop the recession from coming, only to soften its impact when it happens.
                              That, and the fact that no one knows for sure if one will come or when it will happen. The Fed tends to be a bit reactive instead of proactive, which has mostly worked.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                That, and the fact that no one knows for sure if one will come or when it will happen. The Fed tends to be a bit reactive instead of proactive, which has mostly worked.
                                The main cause of the coming recession is the trade war. Wouldn't it make sense to cut interest rates now to offset the negative economic impact of the trade war?

Comment

Working...
                                X