Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

In other news, I assume you and other Trump supporters enjoyed his berating the leaders of the Baltic States a couple of days ago for all their wars in the '90s that led to the break-up of Yugoslavia. The leaders looked around at each other in bewilderment until they realized Trump had confused the Baltic States with the Balkan States--I guess the subject of European Geography never came up in his pillow talk with Yugoslav Melania.

OMG we have an old, orange, fat, more racist Michael Scott in the White House.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
      OMG we have an old, orange, fat, more racist Michael Scott in the White House.
      Honestly - I doubt that Trump came up with this on his own. Wouldn't surprise me to learn that one of his foreign policy advisors filled him in and prepped him for the visit - which makes this just that much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
        Honestly - I doubt that Trump came up with this on his own. Wouldn't surprise me to learn that one of his foreign policy advisors filled him in and prepped him for the visit - which makes this just that much better.
        And if they did it on purpose because obviously he's an asshole to his staff?

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
          And if they did it on purpose because obviously he's an asshole to his staff?

Comment

Not sure why you’d doubt that. He is that dense of foreign policy. That’s be funny if staff did that but I doubt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              Not sure why you’d doubt that. He is that dense of foreign policy. That’s be funny if staff did that but I doubt it.
              I agree with you here Frank. I suspect in Trump's mind there really isn't much difference between the Balkans and the Baltics. Whatever!
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Lol.

Acting AG Matt Whitaker worked for a company that hawked “Time travel” technology and other insane products

Matthew G. Whitaker, the acting attorney general of the United States, spent over a year on the advisory board of an “invention-promotion scam” firm that hawked Bigfoot paraphernalia, “masculine toilets,” and underwear with sophisticated marketing pitches like: "How are your balls feeling today?"

Whitaker’s unprecedented placement atop the Department of Justice has drawn outrage from legal experts on both sides of the aisle who argue his appointment is unconstitutional and threatens the independence of special counsel Robert Mueller, who he now technically oversees.

But his work for World Patent Marketing — a company shut down by a federal judge this year after it was accused by the Federal Trade Commission of running "a scam that has bilked thousands of consumers out of millions of dollars" — has also sounded alarms among politicians and legal officials. The company is under investigation by the FBI, according to the Wall Street Journal.

“It’s never a good thing when a law enforcement officer was employed by a company that’s under federal criminal investigation — much less the nation’s chief law enforcement officer,” said Renato Mariotti, a former prosecutor turned white-collar defense attorney.

Democrats in the House say they will launch an investigation examining Whitaker’s involvement with World Patent Marketing when they assume power in January.

Whitaker has denied any wrongdoing or knowledge of the alleged fraud at World Patent Marketing. “Acting attorney general Matt Whitaker has said he is not aware of any fraudulent activity,” Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec said in a statement to VICE News. “Any stories suggesting otherwise are false.”

But the company’s public public statements about his role suggests a relationship built on leveraging his reputation as a U.S. Attorney to defend it against charges of impropriety.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...nsane-products

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  I guess I'm saying that I don't think he knows enough about Yugoslavia to know if it was the Baltics or the Balkans or the Falklands for that matter. I'd be surprised if he paid attention enough to know that for himself off hand - and I'd be equally surprised to hear he had done the research and studied enough to know it for himself in preparation for these meetings. We're talking about a guy who says he didn't really prepare for the debates, because he already knew it all. Which is why I said he was probably going off some brief he got from someone else - someone else who got it wrong.

I also wasn't necessarily saying that they did it on purpose. That was Commando's addition. I just figured someone did some quick research for him - researched the wrong thing - and that's what he went with.

Comment

I guess I'm saying that I don't think he knows enough about Yugoslavia to know if it was the Baltics or the Balkans or the Falklands for that matter. I'd be surprised if he paid attention enough to know that for himself off hand - and I'd be equally surprised to hear he had done the research and studied enough to know it for himself in preparation for these meetings. We're talking about a guy who says he didn't really prepare for the debates, because he already knew it all. Which is why I said he was probably going off some brief he got from someone else - someone else who got it wrong.

I also wasn't necessarily saying that they did it on purpose. That was Commando's addition. I just figured someone did some quick research for him - researched the wrong thing - and that's what he went with.
                    Or, using Occam's Razor, Fox did a story the night before on the Balkans.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                      Or, using Occam's Razor, Fox did a story the night before on the Balkans.
                      Exactly.

Comment

• Jeff Flake is an American Hero and should have his ken-barbi face carved into frikin Rushmore. For those that think he is grandstanding anti-trump for a presidential run; no chance. Republicans hate him for the most part.

He just recognizes an ass-hat when he sees one and won't just sit back for the "good of the party". Love that dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          In other news, I assume you and other Trump supporters enjoyed his berating the leaders of the Baltic States a couple of days ago for all their wars in the '90s that led to the break-up of Yugoslavia. The leaders looked around at each other in bewilderment until they realized Trump had confused the Baltic States with the Balkan States--I guess the subject of European Geography never came up in his pillow talk with Yugoslav Melania.
                          I am curious to see how Ted whatabouts this one.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Just how many Baltic States are there? Did Obama visit them all?
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              My bet is he'll go with Obama's Maldives/Malvinas Falkland Islands gaffe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                Just how many Baltic States are there? Did Obama visit them all?
                                Obama's "I've visited 57 states" was an off-the-cuff comment (he meant 47) at the end of a long campaign day. Yet it's cited by Trump's acolytes tasked with defending Trump's misstatements (which are legion). But really Ted, surely you see the difference between a slip of the tongue (easily corrected later), and sitting down with heads of state and lecturing them for a few minutes about something that they and their countries had absolutely nothing to do with. It wasn't a slip of the tongue; it was a combination of arrogance and breathtaking stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X