Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    it’s funny, the things you choose to be cynical about.
    I'm sure Walter will be here to mourn the loss of Kurdish children who will be brutally slaughtered as a direct result of our hasty withdrawal.
    Another evil warmonger has parted ways with brave peacemaker Trump over this decision:

US envoy Brett McGurk quits over Trump Syria pullout

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46661384

Also, huge Trumpfan, co-conspiritor and fellow peacemaker Erik Prince sees an opening for his mercinaries in Afghanistan with Mattis gone:

Mattis is out, and Blackwater is back: ‘We are coming’

This month, in the January/February print issue of the gun and hunting magazine “Recoil," the former contractor security firm Blackwater USA published a full-page ad, in all black with a simple message: “We are coming.”

Is the war in Afghanistan — and possibly elsewhere ― about to be privatized?

If Blackwater returns, it would be the return of a private security contractor that was banned from Iraq, but re-branded and never really went away. By 2016 Blackwater had been re-named and restructured several times, and was known at the time as Constellis Group, when it was purchased by the Apollo Holdings Group. Reuters reported earlier this year that Apollo had put Constellis up for sale, but in June the sale was put on hold.

A representative for Constellis told Military Times late Friday that while it had acquired the former Blackwater training center in the 2016 purchase, it has no affiliation with the former security firm. It did not retain Blackwater’s founder and former CEO Erik Prince and has no current connection to him, or the firm’s former management structure.

The Recoil ad suggests Blackwater is making a resurgence on its own, but it was not clear in what form. The public affairs firm that handles Prince’s media engagements told Military Times Friday that he would not be able to speak beyond what was in the media “at this stage.”

Prince has courted President Donald Trump’s administration since he took office with the idea that the now 17-year Afghan War will never be won by a traditional military campaign. Prince has also argued that the logistical footprint required to support that now multi-trillion dollar endeavor has become too burdensome. Over the summer and into this fall Prince has engaged heavily with the media to promote the privatization; particularly as the Trump administration’s new South Asia Strategy, which was crafted with Mattis, passed the one-year mark....

The news of a leaning on a smaller number of privatized forces, instead of a larger U.S. military footprint — and contracted support for U.S. forces that knew few bounds and at times included coffee shops, base exchanges, restaurants, a hockey rink and local vendor shops — may be welcomed by current U.S. military leadership on the ground. That includes former Joint Special Operations Command chief Army Lt. Gen. Scott Miller, a source familiar with Miller’s approach told Military Times. Miller replaced Gen. John Nicholson as the head of all U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan in September.

In an previous exclusive interview with Military Times, Prince said he would scrap the NATO mission there and replace the estimated 23,000 forces in country with a force of 6,000 contracted personnel and 2,000 active-duty special forces.

The potential privatization of the Afghan War was previously dismissed by the White House, and roundly criticized by Mattis, who saw it as a risk to emplace the nation’s national security goals in the hands of contractors.

“When Americans put their nation’s credibility on the line, privatizing it is probably not a wise idea,” Mattis told reporters in August.

But Mattis is out now, one in a series of moves that has surprised most of the Pentagon.

Drastic change would “be more likely” now, one DOD official said.
    https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...we-are-coming/

Comment

• Being a mercenary and using mercenaries is immoral.

Comment

• More protest resignations please... the swamp is draining itself! #MAGA
        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
          More protest resignations please... the swamp is draining itself! #MAGA
          Starting with Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
            More protest resignations please... the swamp is draining itself! #MAGA
            Are you seriously on board with this wacked out, transparently dumb, MAGA bullshit, or is this TIC?
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              I'm sure Walter will be here to mourn the loss of Kurdish children who will be brutally slaughtered as a direct result of our hasty withdrawal.
              Another evil warmonger has parted ways with brave peacemaker Trump over this decision:

US envoy Brett McGurk quits over Trump Syria pullout

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46661384
              From the link:

"I ultimately concluded I could not carry out these new instructions and maintain my integrity," he went on to say.
              What a load of crap. Doing your job maintains your integrity.

Over the intervening years the numbers of US troops in Syria increased, standing today at some 2,000, though some estimates place the number perhaps even higher.
              So 2000 US troops is the difference between order and chaos in the Syria? Good grief. If so, that ought to be an easy void to fill by some other country.

Speaking of which, why is the US responsible for the Kurdish children as you imply? Why not the UK? Germany? France? Japan? China?

Walter is kind of crazy, but he is right on this one.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                From the link:

So 2000 US troops is the difference between order and chaos in the Syria? Good grief. If so, that ought to be an easy void to fill by some other country.

Speaking of which, why is the US responsible for the Kurdish children as you imply? Why not the UK? Germany? France? Japan? China?

The UK and French are also there. We are hoping they can scramble and backfill on this one. The French have long been hawkish on Syria. We don’t want Chinese troops deployed to that region. We aren’t going to share sensitive intelligence with them, unless Trump decides to like he does with Putin.

There’s merit to the whole withdrawal thing but there is nothing honorable about the hastiness of it. Consider the decision was made at the best behest of the Turkish who plan on going in and slaughtering the Kurds who fought by our side.

Yes, Walter who considers me a dumbass of the world for not agreeing with his Green Party foreign policy is crazy about this as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  Are you seriously on board with this wacked out, transparently dumb, MAGA bullshit, or is this TIC?

Look at his edgy signature quotes

Comment

• "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I don't think you really believe this.

Comment

Agreed. I am on team Walter when it comes to troop withdrawal and curbing of the military industrial complex that runs our nation.
                        "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                          Agreed. I am on team Walter when it comes to troop withdrawal and curbing of the military industrial complex that runs our nation.
                          I kind of doubt the new SecDef is gonna be too eager to curb the military industrial complex.

Comment

• Anyone wanna check the value of your investment portfolio today?
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              Anyone wanna check the value of your investment portfolio today?
                              Lots of bargains out there.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Lots of bargains out there.
                                How does Boeing look?

Comment

Working...
                                X