Page 359 of 363 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,770 of 10880

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    Should we get our nukes out of Turkey first?
    No, the madman might need them.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Wow... it would have been great to been a fly-on-the-wall in this meeting:

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Trump behaving like a petulant child. No surprise there.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Wow... it would have been great to been a fly-on-the-wall in this meeting:

She's been speaker twice. Why is she 3rd rate?

Cool... the Dems agree with the warmongers.
    At a loss to figure out what Congress wants... to have U.S. troops fight back to their former positions in a sovereign nation that they have no business being in? At least President Trump has a realistic overarching goal, that being to remove our soldiers from being placed needlessly in harm's way and bring them back home. We owe the Kurds nothing.

(Just noticed Rep. Gabbard was absent from the roll call. Not a good look.)
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    At a loss to figure out what Congress wants... to have U.S. troops fight back to their former positions in a sovereign nation that they have no business being in? At least President Trump has a realistic overarching goal, that being to remove our soldiers from being placed needlessly in harm's way and bring them back home. We owe the Kurds nothing.

(Just noticed Rep. Gabbard was absent from the roll call. Not a good look.)
    Yeah, but this is our opportunity to boot Turkey out of NATO and kick their asses. And Drumpf has approval from congress! War is good for the economy. When will the warmongering GOP'ers get an opportunity like this again? Come on Drumpf, do it for John McCain!
    Last edited by Uncle Ted; 10-17-2019 at 07:30 AM.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Yeah, but this is our opportunity to boot Turkey out of NATO and kick their asses. And Drumpf has approval from congress! War is good for the economy. We will the warmongering GOP'ers get an opportunity like this again? Come on Drumpf, do it for John McCain!
    I’d prefer it if the Dems would take their warmongering to a country that actually has meaningful oil reserves. Need a bump in prices soon.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

You think we were supporting the Kurds for the sake of helping the Kurds?
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    You think we were supporting the Kurds for the sake of helping the Kurds?
    Heh. Our "interests" aligned temporarily (just the like the US and the Soviet Union in WWII). Now they don't.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

lol

Pence goes all the way to Turkey to hand over Trump's very short sword.

Where is all this great deal making?
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    lol

Pence goes all the way to Turkey to hand over Trump's very short sword.

Where is all this great deal making?
    Ceasefire just announced.

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-...019/index.html
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Heh. Our "interests" aligned temporarily (just the like the US and the Soviet Union in WWII). Now they don't.
    Really? Because for being such a badass on ISIS, Trump sure let the Kurds do all the dirty work... but according to him, 'they're no angels,' so fuck em...
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Also, Pence specifically calls on a Turkish reporter by name who asks a question that slanders the Kurds. What a POS.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

What's the over/under on how long before Trump starts pissing all over Cummings' grave?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Cool... I am guessing that Pence bombed them himself from Air Force 2. That got them thinking straight.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Also, Pence specifically calls on a Turkish reporter by name who asks a question that slanders the Kurds. What a POS.
    It is call diplomacy... You are nice to the Turks when on their turf. Otherwise they might do crazy things like throw shoes at you:

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

So let me get this straight: We begin with no fighting between Turkey/surrogates and Kurds/US. Erdogan tells Trump that Turkey wants to clear out (i.e. kill) the Kurds. Trump agrees to waive the cape and let them do whatever. So Turkey/surrogates invade/attack and kill a bunch of people. Russian forces roll in and take over vacated American bases. Our reputation is in tatters. THEN, after all of this, Trump 'convinces' Turkey to stop and the Kurds to leave. So the Kurds had to capitulate to Turkey's new leverage and Turkey gets what it wanted after having killed a bunch of Kurds. All of this could have been achieved by delaying the Turks' attack, and maybe (and more likely) we could have achieved all the benefits without most or any of the clearly negative results. Plus, we see the absolute clown show Trump is running when he releases the letter he wrote to Erdogan, which reads sort of like Jersey Shore meets Foreign Affairs.

Sad.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    So let me get this straight: We begin with no fighting between Turkey/surrogates and Kurds/US. Erdogan tells Trump that Turkey wants to clear out (i.e. kill) the Kurds. Trump agrees to waive the cape and let them do whatever. So Turkey/surrogates invade/attack and kill a bunch of people. Russian forces roll in and take over vacated American bases. Our reputation is in tatters. THEN, after all of this, Trump 'convinces' Turkey to stop and the Kurds to leave. So the Kurds had to capitulate to Turkey's new leverage and Turkey gets what it wanted after having killed a bunch of Kurds. All of this could have been achieved by delaying the Turks' attack, and maybe (and more likely) we could have achieved all the benefits without most or any of the clearly negative results. Plus, we see the absolute clown show Trump is running when he releases the letter he wrote to Erdogan, which reads sort of like Jersey Shore meets Foreign Affairs.

Sad.
    Yep, that about sums it up. This could have all been avoided if the deal artist has just gotten that deal from the beginning. Of course, that's really no deal at all, because we don't really get anything out of it.

But I see Trump is running his mouth about what this beautiful deal means for world peace.

In the end, the Kurds get screwed again. Sadly, this time the stain that is left is red, white, and blue.

Yep, that about sums it up. This could have all been avoided if Obama had not started this illegal war 8 years ago.
    FIFY.

No, it's not like that all. That's probably the worst paralell you could draw.

Remember how Flynn got in trouble for being an unregistered foreign agent for Turkey? This whole administration has been compromised and for-sale from the start.

Yep, that about sums it up. This could have all been avoided if the deal artist has just gotten that deal from the beginning. Of course, that's really no deal at all, because we don't really get anything out of it.

But I see Trump is running his mouth about what this beautiful deal means for world peace.

In the end, the Kurds get screwed again. Sadly, this time the stain that is left is red, white, and blue.
    Turkey will enable ISIS to rise again. Our human intel sources and capabilities in that part of the world will be gutted, which if you truly are for world peace should horrify you.

Just a friendly reminder, ISIS was beget in Iraq as a response to the U.S. invasion in 2003. So obviously, we need to keep invading countries in the Middle East... not withdrawing!

FIFY.
    Just a friendly reminder, ISIS was beget in Iraq as a response to the U.S. invasion in 2003. So obviously, we need to keep invading countries in the Middle East... not withdrawing!
    That's some real stable genius thinking right there.
    Last edited by myboynoah; 10-18-2019 at 02:51 AM.

That's some real stable genius thinking right there.
    IKR?! If Presidents Bush and Obama had listened to me then we wouldn't be in these messes, ISIS wouldn't exist, and the undercurrent of political dissatisfaction and frustration with our foreign policy of intervention would not have been there to create the conditions that led to a President Trump.

I'll keep eating my locusts and honey.

IKR?! If Presidents Bush and Obama had listened to me then we wouldn't be in these messes, ISIS wouldn't exist, and the undercurrent of political dissatisfaction and frustration with our foreign policy of intervention would not have been there to create the conditions that led to a President Trump.

What? Are you saying the $6 trillion dollars we spent on the middle east wars wasn't worth it? We killed a lot of terrorists and future terrorists (aka. their kids)! Don't give us this "if you had just listened to me crap". The Dems have gone full warmonger and have given the president their approval. Now is Drumpf's chance to carpet bomb the entire middle east with drones and fix this terrorist problem once and for all. I am getting tired of telling my kids they have a 1 in 30 million chance of dying in a terrorist attack. We need to put a stop to this!
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Yes, if only we had all listened to you.
    Think about it.
    Stable Genius
    SG

spooky

lol. Did you come up with that yourself?
    Last edited by Commando; 10-18-2019 at 11:11 AM.