Page 135 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,050 of 5678

Thread: President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    So I take that as you don't have a link for a good read on how the Russians hacked the election so that Hillary would not win. Thanks anyway Bro.
    "bro" is not capitalized.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    "bro" is not capitalized.
    Thanks bro. BTW, did you take over for the female red cross volunteer as the board grammar nazi?
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Thanks bro. BTW, did you take over for the female red cross volunteer as the board grammar nazi?
    Are you calling DH a whore? Cuz it sounds like you are calling DH a whore.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Are you calling DH a whore? Cuz it sounds like you are calling DH a whore.
    Whoa... is that what Donut hole means? I thought it was a female red cross volunteer (or someone with no social skills). My mistake.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "I never preached in Texas, but I have preached in places as wicked..." -Brigham Young.
    "If we do nothing we'll be substantially behind (other Power leagues) a decade from now." -Bob Bowlsby on Big 12 expansion.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Whoa... is that what Donut hole means? I thought it was a female red cross volunteer (or someone with no social skills). My mistake.
    So you can read links, but only the first two entries?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

So you can read links, but only the first two entries?
    Yeah, I don't think DH would have picked his name from the other entries. I assume that in a previous life he was a female red cross volunteer but got out of that and had a sex change or something. "Don't ask, don't tell".

Or maybe DH used the name because he likes the food? Of course, that would be really boring... Who would what to use a name of a food? Like "meatball", "corndog", "chickpea", or "fried fava bean ball"? LOL.
    Last edited by Uncle Ted; 07-11-2017 at 03:15 PM.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I think I figured Ted out. The reason he's cheering Trump on is because the longer Trump stays in power, the more he damages the GOP for the long run. Once Trump's family business presidency (and by "family business" I mean "mafia" presidency) comes crashing down, it will cripple the GOP for at least 20-30 years. Then it can be replaced by a new party more in line with Ted's views. And if this isn't what his aim is, then he really is a fake libertarian, because Trump is awful, and is about as opposite to libertarianism as is possible in America. And no matter how bad the dems are, it still doesn't make Trump something better than awful.
    Last edited by BlueK; 07-13-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    I think I figured Ted out. The reason he's cheering Trump on is because the longer Trump stays in power, the more he damages the GOP for the long run. Once Trump's family business presidency (and by "family business" I mean "mafia" presidency) comes crashing down, it will cripple the GOP for at least 20-30 years. Then it can be replaced by a new party more in line with Ted's views. And if this isn't what his aim is, then he really is a fake libertarian, because Trump is awful, and is about as opposite to libertarianism as is possible in America. And no matter how bad the dems are, it still doesn't make Trump something better than awful.

Yes, you got me figured out, bk. I am hoping that Drumpf will burn down the republican party and take the dems with it.

The way I see the ObamaCare thing is going to take care of the republicans. Republicans can't decide want they want to replace it with. Of course, they are damn if they do and damn if they don't on this one. People want all the "nice" things about ObamaCare but someone else to pay for it. I see a great amount of republican bloodshed in the next election cycle over this. Of course, when the dems get back into power they will try to "fix" Obamacare with a "one size fits all" single-payer plan that will significantly raise everyones taxes. That will bring then the rise of the Libertarians (on a white horse?) to save the day.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

UT is cheering on Trump?

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    UT is cheering on Trump?

Maybe not as much as Sean hannity or kellyanne Conway.

Of course, when the dems get back into power they will try to "fix" Obamacare with a "one size fits all" single-payer plan that will significantly raise everyones taxes.
    Single payer is inevitable.

We've spent several trillions on the "War on Terror" since 2001 and no one seems to give a shit; certainly not enough to repeal AUMF, reduce military spending, or prevent idiots from longing for the days of George W. Bush.

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

Y'all hear that? We're using code names. --Evelle Snoats

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Pre-Historic Man

We've spent several trillions on the "War on Terror" since 2001 and no one seems to give a shit; certainly not enough to repeal AUMF, reduce military spending, or prevent idiots from longing for the days of George W. Bush.

Single payer US style will be a shit storm like one you have never seen before.

We currently spend by government expenditures 1.1 T per year through Medicare and Medicaid. All other healthcare expenditures are 2.2 T through private sources. Transferring that to government will mean we will have more delays and greater costs, so the single payer system will cost us approximately 4 T PER YEAR, or about 800 B more than the total US budget. Good luck with that dude. I can hardly wait. You complain about 5T spent on wars since 2001 but wouldn't complain about 5T being spent each year on government managed healthcare? Are you smoking some strong weed?

A single payer system will be implemented with the efficiency of Obamacare website.
    Last edited by Topper; 07-13-2017 at 07:45 PM.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post

We currently spend by government expenditures 1.1 T per year through Medicare and Medicaid. All other healthcare expenditures are 2.2 T through private sources. Transferring that to government will mean we will have more delays and greater costs, so the single payer system will cost us approximately 4 T PER YEAR, or about 800 B more than the total US budget. Good luck with that dude. I can hardly wait. You complain about 5T spent on wars since 2011 but wouldn't complain about 5T being spent each year on government managed healthcare? Are you smoking some strong weed?

A single payer system will be implemented with the efficiency of Obamacare website.
    You're right. Single payer is unrealistic. There’s no way we can survive without health insurance companies.
    Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 07-13-2017 at 06:57 PM.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

Y'all hear that? We're using code names. --Evelle Snoats

Nothing like having connections with the Trumps to help get matters with the DOJ settled.

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-w...7-7/?r=US&IR=T
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

UT is cheering on Trump?

Duh

Preach it bro. We need to get the hell out of all these countries and let them destroy themselves... Problem solved. Isolationism is where it is at, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post

We currently spend by government expenditures 1.1 T per year through Medicare and Medicaid. All other healthcare expenditures are 2.2 T through private sources. Transferring that to government will mean we will have more delays and greater costs, so the single payer system will cost us approximately 4 T PER YEAR, or about 800 B more than the total US budget. Good luck with that dude. I can hardly wait. You complain about 5T spent on wars since 2011 but wouldn't complain about 5T being spent each year on government managed healthcare? Are you smoking some strong weed?

I think you are way low on your estimate. We are not talking about sh*tty Canadian-like single payer crap that hands out aspirins that cost about a 3rd of what we Americans pay for them. We are talking about American-sized single payer that hands out free birth control for all the Sandra Flukes out there. Of course, the Big Pharma companies, healthcare providers, etc. and their lobbyists will write up the single payer bill so they will make sure profit big time on the people's tab. (Hint: Buy their stocks when this bill passes.) California Senate Bill 562 should give you an idea of what I am talking about. You need to think bigger, Top.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Sounds like Kushner remembered forgot to list 100 foreign contacts on his federal disclosure form. Good thing that's all sorted now.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...reign-contacts

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Sounds like Kushner remembered forgot to list 100 foreign contacts on his federal disclosure form. Good thing that's all sorted now.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...reign-contacts

President Obama gave some good advice about all of this at one time...

Obama Tells Trump: Stop ‘Whining’ and Trying to Discredit the Election

President Obama ridiculed Donald J. Trump on Tuesday for saying that the presidential election was rigged against him, telling Mr. Trump, the Republican nominee, to “stop whining and go try to make his case” to win more votes than Hillary Clinton.
    [...]
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/1...-election.html

He said some things that actually made sense once in a while.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

We are pretty much there already, thanks to Reagan. If you are sick, just go to the ER. Free healthcare.

I just hope they make it illegal to have health insurance/care outside the government single-payer system. That would be the only fair and right thing to do.

We are pretty much there already, thanks to Reagan. If you are sick, just go to the ER. Free healthcare.

I just hope they make it illegal to have health insurance/care outside the government single-payer system. That would be the only fair and right thing to do.
    Were pretty much there!?! Wth are you talking about? We aren't close to single payer.

Pre-Historic Man

You're right. Single payer is unrealistic. There’s no way we can survive without health insurance companies.
    People who believe that a single payer system could work in the US are naive and unfamiliar with the size of the systems in place, the massive disruption transiting to a completely bureaucratic system would cause and the massive increase in administrative costs that would be incurred.

1. Disruption.

Remember the disruption caused by the transition from a mostly free market system that involved roughly 40 to 60 Billion under Obamacare. There is a Goldman Sachs review that is far more thorough than the Rand Report relied upon by apologists that shows this.

But, somewhere between 4 to 6 Million lost existing policies that were superior to the Obamacare policies they received. Is our current system perfect? Is it good? Not necessarily.

A transition to a single payer system means 100s of millions would lose coverage and then be forced into transition.

2. Bureaucracy.

In countries where a single payer system exists, it is administered at a very micro level. See Denmark. The local taxes are collected locally and administered in units of 10,000 or less. All proposals for a US single payer system envisage a massive DC based bureaucracy with no local input. US bureaucracies are inherent failures, corrupt and incompetent. FedEx versus the Post Office.

The idea that we can turn it over the benevolent federal government is so naive, it is mind-boggling.

Does that mean I believe we shouldn't be actively involved in improving the system? Of course not. But they should be working with market realities, not relying on government bureaucrats to deliver something in this country which they can't do.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Pre-Historic Man

Preach it bro. We need to get the hell out of all these countries and let them destroy themselves... Problem solved. Isolationism is where it is at, man!

I think you are way low on your estimate. We are not talking about sh*tty Canadian-like single payer crap that hands out aspirins that cost about a 3rd of what we Americans pay for them. We are talking about American-sized single payer that hands out free birth control for all the Sandra Flukes out there. Of course, the Big Pharma companies, healthcare providers, etc. and their lobbyists will write up the single payer bill so they will make sure profit big time on the people's tab. (Hint: Buy their stocks when this bill passes.) California Senate Bill 562 should give you an idea of what I am talking about. You need to think bigger, Top.
    The entire healthcare expenditures for 2014 was around 3.4 T, and we know government intrusion would exponentially expand this, and incur delays and more denials of care. Has anybody ever been involved in a Social Security disability proceeding? If you have, you would never want a single payer system.

You think free birth control pills are expensive? Pretty sure not providing the birth control pills costs more in the long run.

Trump-hating snowflake Jeff Lebowski's Avatar

UT is cheering on Trump?
    Man, it must be tough living with chronic obtuseness. Hang in there, fella.
    "Socialism is not bad IMHO" - byu71
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

I hate it when drug runners throw the large sacks of drugs over the border fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Man, it must be tough living with chronic obtuseness. Hang in there, fella.
    With your coaching I'll make it through. Thanks pal!