Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      It's not problematic for Republicans who have long decided they're ok with this President breaking the law.

But willfully ignoring and purposely going against a Supreme Court ruling by the President is grounds for impeachment on its own, IMO. We have no Constitutional separation of powers if he's allowed to do it.
      I’m no lawyer, but I don’t think the Supreme Court said he couldn’t do it. I thought they told him to come up with a good reason for it.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        I’m no lawyer, but I don’t think the Supreme Court said he couldn’t do it. I thought they told him to come up with a good reason for it.
        So what is his good reason for it? To screw over Texas? Now we may lose a representative instead of gaining three!
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          So what is his good reason for it? To screw over Texas? Now we may lose a representative instead of gaining three!
          Screw over California?

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            Right. The court said they couldn't do it unless they go back and present a credible reason that wasn't a lie, like trying to say it's to enforce the voting rights act. They haven't gone back to court to do that yet. It was reported that Trump was going to ignore that and have the forms printed with the question added anyway because they were out of time. Today he backed down.
            Last edited by BlueK; 07-12-2019, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
              Screw over California?
              California screwed themselves. They are only looking at maybe gaining one seat (with counting the non-citizens). By not counting the non-citizens we would have a possible four seat swing. We would lose a seat without them but gain three seats with them!

LOL@NY...

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
              Right. The court said they couldn't do it unless they go back and present a credible reason that wasn't a lie, like trying to say it's to enforce the voting rights act. They haven't gone back to court to do that yet. It was reported that Trump was going to ignore that and have the forms printed with the question added anyway because they were out of time. Today he backed down.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

California screwed themselves. They are only looking at maybe gaining one seat (with counting the non-citizens). By not counting the non-citizens we would have a possible four seat swing. We would lose a seat without them but gain three seats with them!

LOL@NY...

Shouldn't matter. The Constitution is clear. The census should count all persons and representation is based on the population, not the number of citizens. Citizens actually have more political power doing it this way, not less. Their vote is based on more people living there, some of whom can't vote.

Comment

Shouldn't matter. The Constitution is clear. The census should count all persons and representation is based on the population, not the number of citizens. Citizens actually have more political power doing it this way, not less. Their vote is based on more people living there, some of whom can't vote.
                  I've run the numbers a few times, and I can't make this statement work.

Comment

Yes, ICE should round up the non-citizens in California and bring them to the "concentration camps" here in Texas before the Census is taken.

I need a ruling on what the constitution says... if a non-citizen is working and for less than minimum wage do they only count as a "slave"? That is, only count 3/5ths rather than a whole?
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yes, ICE should round up the non-citizens in California and bring them to the "concentration camps" here in Texas before the Census is taken.

I need a ruling on what the constitution says... if a non-citizen is working and for less than minimum wage do they only count as a "slave"? That is, only count 3/5ths rather than a whole?
                      the 14th amendment did away with the 3/5ths rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        I've run the numbers a few times, and I can't make this statement work.
                        The fewer people voting from a population, the more power that group of voters holds among the total population to elect representatives. If half the people where you live are non-citizens who can't vote, you are represented for all those people but your vote affects all of them also. However, if the census is rigged to only count citizens, then their number of reps in Congress is less.
                        Last edited by BlueK; 07-15-2019, 07:03 AM.

Comment

The fewer people voting from a population, the more power that group of voters holds among the total population to elect representatives. If half the people where you live are non-citizens who can't vote, you are represented for all those people but your vote affects all of them also. However, if the census is rigged to only count citizens, then their number of reps in Congress is less.
                          All you can do is over represent one group of citizens while simultaneously under representing another group. The net power structure remains unchanged.

Comment

What you are pointing out is the rub, not the benefit. If you are from a state that has less undocumented individuals than another state, why should the state with more undocumented individuals have an increased representation in Congress? So while, as you point out, citizens of states with more undocumented individuals have "more political power" it comes at the expense of those states that have fewer undocumented individuals.
                            Last edited by imanihonjin; 07-15-2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Keeping his voters happy

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/16/polit...soh/index.html

Comment

And Communists vote with the progressives.

Comment

Working...
                                X