Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    Who benefits from weakened ties between the US and friendly countries like Canada, the UK, Germany, etc.,? Putin.
    Putin was been on a big time winning steak since Trump got elected. You’d have to be a dunce not to grasp that truth. I’m not sure what will have to be disclosed until certain people can acknowledge there is evidence of collusion.

Comment

Who benefits from weakened economic and diplomatic ties between the US and friendly countries like Canada, the UK, Germany, etc.,?

Putin.
      You know who else benefits?

White supremacists.
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        You know who else benefits?

White supremacists.
        Maybe I'm just not smart enough to figure stuff like this out - but I thought China was the one benefiting. And no one is mentioning them...

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
          Maybe I'm just not smart enough to figure stuff like this out - but I thought China was the one benefiting. And no one is mentioning them...
          It doesn't have to make sense. BlueK and frank will twist any story into a preztel and state matter-of-factly that it proves Putin was the direct beneficiary.
          You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

• I thought this was funny.

Comment

Trump's actions toward China have been different. Come on. This isn't that hard. He and his entire transition team didn't all have contacts with China that they were lying about. Trump actually frequently ragged against China while always saying nice things about Putin. He hasn't tried to remove sanctions on China or drag his feet on them. He didn't say completely unprompted that it's so unfair China was removed from the G7 like he did with Russia. He hasn't tried to remove sanctions from China from day one like he has with Russia. He never spouted Chinese propaganda about why it was great that they invaded Afghanistan, like he has with Russia. He hasn't had multiple completely private meetings with Xi of China like he has with Putin, where no other American knows what the hell he talked about or committed to.

And this is hardly an exhaustive list of Trump's weird behavior towards Russia. The Afghanistan thing really floored me though. I have never heard an American say the Russian invasion there in 1979 was a good thing, and no way Trump ever heard that from another American. I'm old enough to remember the cold war and the Russians invading there. To have our president spout crafted Soviet/Russian propaganda about it was chilling to me. But maybe his supporters agree with him now since he said it. Just my opinion, but I don't think there would have been an Al-Qaida or 9/11 without the Soviets having ravaged Afghanistan and created the conditions that created Al-Qaida.

We also know Trump was trying to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, not Beijing (which he continually lied about not having any business interests in Russia during the campaign). Oh yes, and he was trying to get funding through a bank that was under US sanctions. Wouldn't it be nice if those could be removed.

Hey, but maybe we're perfectly happy with an insane president who makes foreign policy decisions for the US based on his own personal business interests. (Saudi Arabia also comes to mind here)

Eddie, you don't have to reach the same conclusions, but I don't know how anyone trying to be objective can't see some weirdness here with how he's talked about and dealt with Russia.
              Last edited by BlueK; 02-12-2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• So the Senate/House conference committee reached a deal. What are the chances Trump accepts it and doesn't just let the clock run out? Pretty low, I think. We'll see.

Comment

Trump's actions toward China have been different. Come on. This isn't that hard. He and his entire transition team didn't all have contacts with China that they were lying about. Trump actually frequently ragged against China while always saying nice things about Putin. He hasn't tried to remove sanctions on China or drag his feet on them. He didn't say completely unprompted that it's so unfair China was removed from the G7 like he did with Russia. He hasn't tried to remove sanctions from China from day one like he has with Russia. He never spouted Chinese propaganda about why it was great that they invaded Afghanistan, like he has with Russia. He hasn't had multiple completely private meetings with Xi of China like he has with Putin, where no other American knows what the hell he talked about or committed to.

And this is hardly an exhaustive list of Trump's weird behavior towards Russia. The Afghanistan thing really floored me though. I have never heard an American say the Russian invasion there in 1979 was a good thing, and no way Trump ever heard that from another American. I'm old enough to remember the cold war and the Russians invading there. To have our president spout crafted Soviet/Russian propaganda about it was chilling to me. But maybe his supporters agree with him now since he said it. Just my opinion, but I don't think there would have been an Al-Qaida or 9/11 without the Soviets having ravaged Afghanistan and created the conditions that created Al-Qaida.

We also know Trump was trying to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, not Beijing (which he continually lied about not having any business interests in Russia during the campaign). Oh yes, and he was trying to get funding through a bank that was under US sanctions. Wouldn't it be nice if those could be removed.

Hey, but maybe we're perfectly happy with an insane president who makes foreign policy decisions for the US based on his own personal business interests. (Saudi Arabia also comes to mind here)

Eddie, you don't have to reach the same conclusions, but I don't know how anyone trying to be objective can't see some weirdness here with how he's talked about and dealt with Russia.
                  Maybe he's trolling people like you?

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                    Forgive me for thinking this is a pretty bizarre answer.
                    Last edited by BlueK; 02-12-2019, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                      Not trolling. At least I didn't think I was. I was just responding to the original post from Beefytee.

I figured that if China is getting exceptions for the tariffs on their steel - it probably benefits China by them not having to pay.

Guess I was wrong.

Comment

Not trolling. At least I didn't think I was. I was just responding to the original post from Beefytee.

I figured that if China is getting exceptions for the tariffs on their steel - it probably benefits China by them not having to pay.

Guess I was wrong.
                        I think Wapiti was suggesting Trump was 'trolling people like [BlueK]" with his behavior toward Russian interests. Maybe not suggesting it at all seriously, of course, because that's really dumb.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Guess I was wrong.
                          The whole trade war is evidence that China is not benefiting. If they are getting a tariff break here or there, is is to try and temporarily minimize the negative effects of the trade war on american businesses and Joe Consumer.

Comment

• Not something for MAGA hats to be proud of.

Trump voters trust Infowars as much as the New York Times and Washington Post, poll shows:

President Donald Trump has long attacked the news media—and The Washington Post and The New York Times have been no exception. And it appears his supporters aren't exactly fans of those outlets, either.

A new poll from YouGov/The Economist released this week showed folks who voted for Trump in 2016 trust Infowars—the infamous conspiracy site headed by Alex Jones—about as much as the Post or Times.

The survey asked respondents, "How trustworthy do you rate the following news organizations?" before listing off a number of outlets. Fifteen percent of Trump voters found Infowars trustworthy to some degree—4 percent "very trustworthy" and 11 percent "trustworthy." Fifteen percent of Trump voters deemed The New York Times trustworthy to some degree—5 percent "very trustworthy" and 10 percent "trustworthy"—while 15 percent viewed The Washington Post trustworthy to some degree (5 percent "very trustworthy" and 10 percent "trustworthy").

Further, Trump voters were far more likely to be neutral about Infowars. Fifty-two percent of Trump voters deemed Infowars "neither trustworthy nor untrustworthy," while 32 percent felt it was untrustworthy to some degree, according to YouGov/The Economist. Just 16 percent of Trump voters felt the Times was "neither trustworthy nor untrustworthy," while 69 percent viewed it as untrustworthy to some degree. It was more of the same for the Post. Twenty-one percent of Trump voters felt the paper was "neither trustworthy nor untrustworthy," while 64 percent viewed it as untrustworthy to some degree.

Many other outlets received similar results from folks who voted for Trump—just 11 percent viewed CNN as trustworthy to some degree, 16 percent for NBC, 18 percent for CBS. Americans overall, however, largely trusted major outlets over Infowars. Forty-one percent of Americans viewed the Times as trustworthy—41 percent for the Post. Just 12 percent of Americans overall viewed Infowars as trustworthy.
                            https://www.newsweek.com/trump-voter...t-poll-1331958

Comment

• Just 4 in 10 of *all* Americans think that the Times and the Post are trustworthy. And from that figure, Newsweek somehow concludes that 41% can be categorized as "largely trusted".

Comment

• Annual physical results: he is the same height and weight as KVN and Khalil Mack.

Yeah. Okay then.

Comment

Working...
                                X