Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 76

Thread: 2016 Holiday Running/Cycling/Swimming Challenge

  1. #31
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    19,972

    Default 2016 Holiday Running/Cycling/Swimming Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Okay CSers, here's the deets on the challenge.

    Here's a link to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Challenge starts in 2 days

    Get signed up on the spreadsheet and let's see who can take a coveted podium spot!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Moliere; 11-17-2016 at 09:29 AM.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  2. #32
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    19,972

    Default

    In traditional fashion, I woke up early this morning and braved the cold winds to put myself into first place...which is usually the only time that I will stand atop the virtual podium.

    cschallenge.jpg
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  3. #33

    Default

    So Eldiente ran 18.2 miles on Saturday? Yikes. He's going to run away with this thing.

    I waited around all day on Saturday for the rain to ease up enough for me to go out for a run without getting drenched. it never did, so I ended up riding the trainer for an hour in the garage Saturday afternoon. Its been a long time since I've spent any time on the trainer. It felt pretty good to get back on the back, and it gave me a chance to catch up on some Netflix.

    Thanks for putting the challenge together, Moliere.

  4. #34

    Default

    Crap. I forgot about the challenge. I better get started tonight.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

  5. #35
    Known Heterosexual RC Vikings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rexburg, Idaho
    Posts
    7,925

    Default

    Can we count long walks?

  6. #36
    Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    11,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    Can we count long walks?
    Yup, and it's a good thing as that will comprise the bulk of my effort (that and stationary cycling).

  7. #37
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    19,972

    Default 2016 Holiday Running/Cycling/Swimming Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
    It felt pretty good to get back on the back, and it gave me a chance to catch up on some Netflix.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  8. #38
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    20,641

    Default

    Can we count setting and grouting a new tile floor?

    I am, of course, kidding but thats what I spent most of the weekend doing. Sadly, it put me in a hole, having done only a couple of miles. Maybe I can get going this week...
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  9. #39
    Board Bookworm happyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North Davis County
    Posts
    4,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    Can we count long walks?
    The more the merrier

    Almost all of my miles through the years has been walking.
    Last edited by happyone; 11-22-2016 at 12:01 PM.

    I may be small, but I'm slow.

    A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

  10. #40

    Default

    I used to be in a position to commute to work on my bike, but no longer. It's difficult to find the time to ride.

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
    So Eldiente ran 18.2 miles on Saturday? Yikes. He's going to run away with this thing.

    I waited around all day on Saturday for the rain to ease up enough for me to go out for a run without getting drenched. it never did, so I ended up riding the trainer for an hour in the garage Saturday afternoon. Its been a long time since I've spent any time on the trainer. It felt pretty good to get back on the back, and it gave me a chance to catch up on some Netflix.

    Thanks for putting the challenge together, Moliere.
    I will peak during mid December and fade later in the month.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #42
    Known Heterosexual RC Vikings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rexburg, Idaho
    Posts
    7,925

    Default

    The posters who need to be doing this aren't here. I think this is a pretty active bunch already.

  13. #43
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    26,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    The posters who need to be doing this aren't here. I think this is a pretty active bunch already.
    Yeah, well, some of us are here but just not participating.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  14. #44
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    20,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    The posters who need to be doing this aren't here. I think this is a pretty active bunch already.
    I need to enter my miles but I am not nearly as active as I should be these days.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  15. #45
    Known Heterosexual RC Vikings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rexburg, Idaho
    Posts
    7,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Yeah, well, some of us are here but just not participating.
    It was mostly directed to old-gregg, I'm guessing he's a big pile of goo.

  16. #46
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    19,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    I need to enter my miles but I am not nearly as active as I should be these days.
    Well, this is your opportunity to up the activity level just a tad...that's the point.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  17. #47

    Default

    It felt good to get out on the bike today. I definitely earned the last ten miles with the wind kicking up.

    I've been feeling some pulling in my calf the last couple of rides. It's kind of hard to stretch out. Anyone have ideas?

    Edit: Nevermind, the calf felt great on the ride today.
    Last edited by Bo Diddley; 11-24-2016 at 12:12 PM.

  18. #48
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    20,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Well, this is your opportunity to up the activity level just a tad...that's the point.
    exactly. I need to.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  19. #49
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    The posters who need to be doing this aren't here. I think this is a pretty active bunch already.
    Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    It was mostly directed to old-gregg, I'm guessing he's a big pile of goo.
    No need to guess about me - the goo description is apt.

    I'll be getting in a lot of walking and waiting in line next week. Hoping the weather cooperates for me to get in some miles on the bike when I get back home.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  20. #50

    Default

    Quite a bit of wind this afternoon. Sometimes it was with me, sometimes it was against me. Did quite a few hills as well. Very encouraging that my knee is tolerating everything I throw at it.

  21. #51
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    19,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Quite a bit of wind this afternoon. Sometimes it was with me, sometimes it was against me. Did quite a few hills as well. Very encouraging that my knee is tolerating everything I throw at it.
    It's nice to see you putting in some miles on the bike...and even better that the knee is holding up.

    I still feel my knee when I ride or run, but it doesn't hurt or get sore. Which I think is encouraging. I'm up to 4.5 miles running and am taking it slowly until I get to 6.2 miles/run. But cycling isn't a problem at all. I got out and did my favorite ride yesterday, which includes a trip through some of the backroads of Montgomery county, while riding along the edge of the national forest. The weather was also absolutely gorgeous with temps around 60 and very little wind.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  22. #52
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    That hike up the Y on Friday is killing me today. Need ibufrofen...

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  23. #53
    Known Heterosexual RC Vikings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rexburg, Idaho
    Posts
    7,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    It's nice to see you putting in some miles on the bike...and even better that the knee is holding up.

    I still feel my knee when I ride or run, but it doesn't hurt or get sore. Which I think is encouraging. I'm up to 4.5 miles running and am taking it slowly until I get to 6.2 miles/run. But cycling isn't a problem at all. I got out and did my favorite ride yesterday, which includes a trip through some of the backroads of Montgomery county, while riding along the edge of the national forest. The weather was also absolutely gorgeous with temps around 60 and very little wind.
    I'm jealous. Beautiful day in the low 40's yesterday but we got snowed on last night. I may be done with the bike until spring.

  24. #54

    Default

    Treadmill miles should be worth double compared to road miles. Got rained out twice this week and had to hit the gym instead. 3-3.5 miles on the mill is more painful that 6-7 on the road.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #55
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    19,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
    Treadmill miles should be worth double compared to road miles. Got rained out twice this week and had to hit the gym instead. 3-3.5 miles on the mill is more painful that 6-7 on the road.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No one is auditing your logged miles so do as you wish

    In all seriousness, the dreadmill is rightfully nicknamed. I haven't ran on one in over three years. I'd rather run in cold, rainy weather than run indoors.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  26. #56

    Default

    Got a nasty head cold that has been going around about a week ago. Has kicked my butt. I just have no energy. After taking most of the last week I hopped on the trainer on Saturday. A 35 minute spin felt like a 3 hour ride.

    We've also had a really wet winter so far, so I've had some planned runs get rained out a number of times.

    Heading to San Diego tomorrow for the Poinsettia Bowl, so hoping to feel well enough for a run sometime.

  27. #57

    Default

    Can we add a sheet for the number of Oreos I eat? BTW, I count them in lines; as in, "I did two lines of Oreos tonight."

  28. #58
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    19,972

    Default

    Finally had okay weather on a Saturday so I was able to get in a decent ride. I would have preferred not having the 15 mph headwinds on my way back in but I'll take what I can get.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  29. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    Finally had okay weather on a Saturday so I was able to get in a decent ride. I would have preferred not having the 15 mph headwinds on my way back in but I'll take what I can get.
    I'm with you. Running and cycling, I always prefer going with the wind on the way back if at all possible.

    I suspected you'd be solidly in 1st place in cycling again today, though I might be able to sneak in a short ride this afternoon, and I'm off all next week. We'll see what the weather has in store.

  30. #60

    Default

    Eldiente drops a cool 26.2 miles 2 weeks ago. What was the occasion?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •