2016 Holiday Running/Cycling/Swimming Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creekster View Post
    I need to enter my miles but I am not nearly as active as I should be these days.
    Well, this is your opportunity to up the activity level just a tad...that's the point.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

It felt good to get out on the bike today. I definitely earned the last ten miles with the wind kicking up.

I've been feeling some pulling in my calf the last couple of rides. It's kind of hard to stretch out. Anyone have ideas?

Edit: Nevermind, the calf felt great on the ride today.
      Last edited by Bo Diddley; 11-24-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        Well, this is your opportunity to up the activity level just a tad...that's the point.
        exactly. I need to.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
          The posters who need to be doing this aren't here. I think this is a pretty active bunch already.
          Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
          It was mostly directed to old-gregg, I'm guessing he's a big pile of goo.
          No need to guess about me - the goo description is apt.

I'll be getting in a lot of walking and waiting in line next week. Hoping the weather cooperates for me to get in some miles on the bike when I get back home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Quite a bit of wind this afternoon. Sometimes it was with me, sometimes it was against me. Did quite a few hills as well. Very encouraging that my knee is tolerating everything I throw at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
              Quite a bit of wind this afternoon. Sometimes it was with me, sometimes it was against me. Did quite a few hills as well. Very encouraging that my knee is tolerating everything I throw at it.
              It's nice to see you putting in some miles on the bike...and even better that the knee is holding up.

I still feel my knee when I ride or run, but it doesn't hurt or get sore. Which I think is encouraging. I'm up to 4.5 miles running and am taking it slowly until I get to 6.2 miles/run. But cycling isn't a problem at all. I got out and did my favorite ride yesterday, which includes a trip through some of the backroads of Montgomery county, while riding along the edge of the national forest. The weather was also absolutely gorgeous with temps around 60 and very little wind.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

That hike up the Y on Friday is killing me today. Need ibufrofen...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

It's nice to see you putting in some miles on the bike...and even better that the knee is holding up.

I still feel my knee when I ride or run, but it doesn't hurt or get sore. Which I think is encouraging. I'm up to 4.5 miles running and am taking it slowly until I get to 6.2 miles/run. But cycling isn't a problem at all. I got out and did my favorite ride yesterday, which includes a trip through some of the backroads of Montgomery county, while riding along the edge of the national forest. The weather was also absolutely gorgeous with temps around 60 and very little wind.
                  I'm jealous. Beautiful day in the low 40's yesterday but we got snowed on last night. I may be done with the bike until spring.

Comment

Treadmill miles should be worth double compared to road miles. Got rained out twice this week and had to hit the gym instead. 3-3.5 miles on the mill is more painful that 6-7 on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                      Treadmill miles should be worth double compared to road miles. Got rained out twice this week and had to hit the gym instead. 3-3.5 miles on the mill is more painful that 6-7 on the road.

No one is auditing your logged miles so do as you wish

In all seriousness, the dreadmill is rightfully nicknamed. I haven't ran on one in over three years. I'd rather run in cold, rainy weather than run indoors.

Comment

Got a nasty head cold that has been going around about a week ago. Has kicked my butt. I just have no energy. After taking most of the last week I hopped on the trainer on Saturday. A 35 minute spin felt like a 3 hour ride.

We've also had a really wet winter so far, so I've had some planned runs get rained out a number of times.

Heading to San Diego tomorrow for the Poinsettia Bowl, so hoping to feel well enough for a run sometime.

Comment

Can we add a sheet for the number of Oreos I eat? BTW, I count them in lines; as in, "I did two lines of Oreos tonight."

Comment

Finally had okay weather on a Saturday so I was able to get in a decent ride. I would have preferred not having the 15 mph headwinds on my way back in but I'll take what I can get.

Comment

Finally had okay weather on a Saturday so I was able to get in a decent ride. I would have preferred not having the 15 mph headwinds on my way back in but I'll take what I can get.
                              I'm with you. Running and cycling, I always prefer going with the wind on the way back if at all possible.

I suspected you'd be solidly in 1st place in cycling again today, though I might be able to sneak in a short ride this afternoon, and I'm off all next week. We'll see what the weather has in store.

Comment

Eldiente drops a cool 26.2 miles 2 weeks ago. What was the occasion?

Comment

Working...
                                X