Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Holiday Running/Cycling/Swimming Challenge

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
    Okay CSers, here's the deets on the challenge.

Here's a link to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Challenge starts in 2 days

Get signed up on the spreadsheet and let's see who can take a coveted podium spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Moliere; 11-17-2016, 08:29 AM.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

In traditional fashion, I woke up early this morning and braved the cold winds to put myself into first place...which is usually the only time that I will stand atop the virtual podium.

cschallenge.jpg
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

So Eldiente ran 18.2 miles on Saturday? Yikes. He's going to run away with this thing.

I waited around all day on Saturday for the rain to ease up enough for me to go out for a run without getting drenched. it never did, so I ended up riding the trainer for an hour in the garage Saturday afternoon. Its been a long time since I've spent any time on the trainer. It felt pretty good to get back on the back, and it gave me a chance to catch up on some Netflix.

Thanks for putting the challenge together, Moliere.

Comment

Crap. I forgot about the challenge. I better get started tonight.
          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Can we count long walks?

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
              Can we count long walks?
              Yup, and it's a good thing as that will comprise the bulk of my effort (that and stationary cycling).

Comment

2016 Holiday Running/Cycling/Swimming Challenge

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                It felt pretty good to get back on the back, and it gave me a chance to catch up on some Netflix.

Comment

Can we count setting and grouting a new tile floor?

I am, of course, kidding but thats what I spent most of the weekend doing. Sadly, it put me in a hole, having done only a couple of miles. Maybe I can get going this week...
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Can we count long walks?
                    The more the merrier

Almost all of my miles through the years has been walking.
                    Last edited by happyone; 11-22-2016, 11:01 AM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

I used to be in a position to commute to work on my bike, but no longer. It's difficult to find the time to ride.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                        So Eldiente ran 18.2 miles on Saturday? Yikes. He's going to run away with this thing.

I waited around all day on Saturday for the rain to ease up enough for me to go out for a run without getting drenched. it never did, so I ended up riding the trainer for an hour in the garage Saturday afternoon. Its been a long time since I've spent any time on the trainer. It felt pretty good to get back on the back, and it gave me a chance to catch up on some Netflix.

Thanks for putting the challenge together, Moliere.
                        I will peak during mid December and fade later in the month.

Comment

The posters who need to be doing this aren't here. I think this is a pretty active bunch already.

Comment

The posters who need to be doing this aren't here. I think this is a pretty active bunch already.
                            Yeah, well, some of us are here but just not participating.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I need to enter my miles but I am not nearly as active as I should be these days.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Yeah, well, some of us are here but just not participating.
                                It was mostly directed to old-gregg, I'm guessing he's a big pile of goo.

Comment

Working...
                                X