2016 Holiday Running/Cycling/Swimming Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
    I'm jealous. Beautiful day in the low 40's yesterday but we got snowed on last night. I may be done with the bike until spring.
    My son says he's going to try and ride with you this coming spring. I told him he better get on his trainer now.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
      My son says he's going to try and ride with you this coming spring. I told him he better get on his trainer now.
      I was just planning on showing him the way and then following him. I'm excited to show him a few routes that are really nice and traffic free.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
        Eldiente drops a cool 26.2 miles 2 weeks ago. What was the occasion?
        The fact that he's competing with happyone on the running side is impressive. I remember Niku having trouble keeping up with happyone.

PAC is looking fantastic. He's killing me on running as well. At least I probably look less scary while running...at least until he fully heals and is again the silver fox of CS.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Three Bridges Marathon, Little Rock Arkansas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Three Bridges Marathon, Little Rock Arkansas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's the weirdest double post I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiente View Post
                Three Bridges Marathon, Little Rock Arkansas
                Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                  I suspected you'd be solidly in 1st place in cycling again today, though I might be able to sneak in a short ride this afternoon, and I'm off all next week. We'll see what the weather has in store.
                  I shouldn't have challenged you like that. The rest of the story is that I did go for a short ride, and I was under pressure to keep it short, so it was a sprint. As I was exiting the trail near my home on the home stretch, I took the turn too fast for the conditions, and my beautiful bike went sideways. I was channeling a little bit of PAC, JL, and Lavell Edwards (he broke his hip that same day, and I landed squarely on my hip which has been black and blue ever since.)

Anyway, I consider it a tender mercy that my bike was practically unscathed. I looked and looked, and the only scratch I could find (on my bike) was the outside corner of my rear wheel quick release. I believe that's the only thing that made contact with the ground. My body took the brunt of the mishap. I have a few scratches from my ankle to my hip, but the hip is deeply bruised.

Ride today felt good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                    I shouldn't have challenged you like that. The rest of the story is that I did go for a short ride, and I was under pressure to keep it short, so it was a sprint. As I was exiting the trail near my home on the home stretch, I took the turn too fast for the conditions, and my beautiful bike went sideways. I was channeling a little bit of PAC, JL, and Lavell Edwards (he broke his hip that same day, and I landed squarely on my hip which has been black and blue ever since.)

Anyway, I consider it a tender mercy that my bike was practically unscathed. I looked and looked, and the only scratch I could find (on my bike) was the outside corner of my rear wheel quick release. I believe that's the only thing that made contact with the ground. My body took the brunt of the mishap. I have a few scratches from my ankle to my hip, but the hip is deeply bruised.

Ride today felt good.
                    Ouch. Surprised the roads are clear enough to ride at all. The driving lanes on the main roads here are pretty snow-free but there's nary a bike lane or shoulder that isn't overrun with snow/ice.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Glad you're okay, BD, all things considered. Like you, my bike emerged relatively unscathed. Apparently our bikes wear us for protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                        Ouch. Surprised the roads are clear enough to ride at all. The driving lanes on the main roads here are pretty snow-free but there's nary a bike lane or shoulder that isn't overrun with snow/ice.
                        I stick mostly to paved trails. They're almost completely clear, though when the trail goes under the road, it gets treacherous in spots. Even when I hit the roads, they're almost completely clear right now.

Ride today was quite cold. I think the fog had a lot to do with that.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          Glad you're okay, BD, all things considered. Like you, my bike emerged relatively unscathed. Apparently our bikes wear us for protection.
                          My bike owes me. Yours owes you big time!

Comment

I managed to get out every day in spite of a sore knee

Does walking in 6-8 inches of snow count double I walked over to my Dad's house both Christmas day and today in the snow.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
                              I managed to get out every day in spite of a sore knee

Does walking in 6-8 inches of snow count double I walked over to my Dad's house both Christmas day and today in the snow.
                              It really should, but only if it was uphill both ways.

Comment

I'm going out for a ride and realized we haven't done a challenge this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X