Thread: Pickleball

Default Pickleball

Anyone play?

Started playing about 6 weeks ago and it's strangely addicting.

I know it's getting very popular in Utah. Cities building courts everywhere. I played a lot the last month in SLC and Ogden and regardless the night or day there was always 15-20 people playing open court.

There's some some really nice courts around St. George. They even have lighting with timers so you can play at night.

I've never played much tennis but the rest of my family started playing a ton right after I left home for school. Tennis skills transfer pretty well to pickleball so most of my siblings can beat me at that, too.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

A guy in my ward has been on the pickleball bandwagon for years now. He had equipment that he kept in our church building and was always trying to get people to come play. He finally got the Stake President to come over one time, and now we have pickleball court lines on our Stake Center gym floor and people play every week. It is a lot of fun.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

I bought a net recently as there aren't any dedicated courts on my side of town and I am going to try and get a group of folks to play. We had 6 show up, all younger than 40 which is incredibly unusual for the game.

I played with a group here for a couple of weeks but am looking for other players or people wanting to learn to play. My wife is starting to play as well so that's been a lot of fun.

Never thought about the church, that's actually a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by fusnik View Post
    Never thought about the church, that's actually a great idea.
    Shocker you never considered church.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Played it in P.E. back in the day. I'm waiting for crab soccer to make a comeback before I get a new hobby, though.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Played it in P.E. back in the day. I'm waiting for crab soccer to make a comeback before I get a new hobby, though.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!