Space bar not working on Chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space bar not working on Chrome

In the past few days I have noticed that when I reply to a post using the quick reply option, I can't use spaces in my reply. It works fine on the advanced editor or if I use a different browser (Safari for example). Turns out that other people are experiencing the same problem:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...rking-on-reply

I will wait and see if vbulletin fixes it via a patch.

At some point we will probably need to upgraded to VB5, but that would cost a few hundred bucks.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

That' weird. Just Chrome?

Edit: Seems to work for me.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Is it only when you reply to a specific person and not the "+Reply to Thread" button?
      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        In the past few days I have noticed that when I reply to a post using the quick reply option, I can't use spaces in my reply. It works fine on the advanced editor or if I use a different browser (Safari for example). Turns out that other people are experiencing the same problem:

At some point we will probably need to upgraded to VB5, but that would cost a few hundred bucks.
        No problems with the space bar here.

Comment

Yep. Sorry JL, look like user error is the case here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

i'msorryyouarehavingsomuchtrouble.
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
              i'msorryyouarehavingsomuchtrouble.
              thanksmaniappreciateit
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I have this problem with ub5 from time to time. Things work fine over here.

Comment

I have been having this problem, but only on my laptop at work. It doesn't do it at home on my desktop. I just thought it was 6-year-old laptop since it wasn't reproducible.
                  "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Now my computer at home does it sometimes. It did it on my last post less than a minute ago, but it's not doing it now.
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I've noticed the same problem.... happens to me too on CB. Only about 1/20 times I post.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        Now my computer at home does it sometimes. It did it on my last post less than a minute ago, but it's not doing it now.
                        It only does it when you are replying to a quote in the quick editor, in Chrome. But if you go to a blank line and then make a space, it works from then on. Weird.

Comment

I have figured out a workaround. Again, this only happens in Chrome in the quick editor, and only when replying to post with a quote. Before you type anything else, use the space bar to enter a space. Then copy it to the clipboard and paste it back. Then you can use the space bar just fine to compose your post. PITA, but it works.

Comment

Working...
                          X