Stand Up Comedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    There's no one on earth funnier than Bill Burr.
    I love Bill Burr. I also re-watched Gary Gulman's netflix special today- love that guy.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      The Tick is passionate about his comedy opinions.
      That is true.

Comedic social justice warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
        I love Bill Burr. I also re-watched Gary Gulman's netflix special today- love that guy.
        Have you seen his bit about the team of people charged with assigning two letter abbreviations for each state?
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          Have you seen his bit about the team of people charged with assigning two letter abbreviations for each state?
          That's a good one. I actually first saw that bit on Conan. It's on the Netflix special as well.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
            but how many different ways can you joke about how fat you are and how much you eat?
            As someone who has been on the receiving end of those jokes my whole life: A lot!
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              Have you watched F is for Family?
              I loved it. The second season is in the can and should be released soon.
              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

One of my favorite Bill Burr late night appearances:
                "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

LDC and I went to see Seinfeld last night. I've seen him 4 times now over the last 20 years and each time he's delivered. I went last night with low expectations thinking he's older and probably just cashing checks. He killed. It wasn't a completely new hour but he weaved through his set and connected the set ups and punchlines so awesome. I wouldn't listen to an album on repeat but no question this guy is one of the all time greats. Super fun show.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Super jealous-- I would love to see Seinfeld.

Comment

Great news for Dave Chappelle fans:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/21/medi...flix-specials/

Fresh off a successful gig hosting "Saturday Night Live," the beloved comic is getting three specials on Netflix.

On Monday, the streaming giant announced that Chappelle and director Stan Lathan have teamed up to produce a new stand-up comedy special exclusively for Netflix.

They'll also partner to release two unseen concert specials from Chappelle's personal comedy vault. Those shows -- filmed at Austin City Limits and The Hollywood Palladium -- will debut simultaneously in 2017.

Comment

So great. Jimmy does a great job acting shocked, too.

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                        One of my favorite Bill Burr late night appearances:

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                          Great news for Dave Chappelle fans:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/21/medi...flix-specials/
                          This is awesome. I guess he's back off sabbatical. It's really too bad he had a blowout in his prime-- he looks visibly quite a bit older now.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            That's a good one. I actually first saw that bit on Conan. It's on the Netflix special as well.
                            I watched it for the first time last night; it's very funny.

Comment

I ran into this old Louis CK bit from probably the late 80s (he references minimum wage as $3.35/hr.). Crazy to see either (a) how far Louis CK's craft has come, or (b) how much stand up comedy in general has evolved, or (c) both.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I have been listening to a lot of Bert Kreischer lately. I've heard him on Joe Rohan's podcast a couple of years ago and thought he was really funny. Bert had a new special on Showtime that had me almost crying I was laughing so hard, I've since listened to his book and have been binging on his podcast. I'd highly recommend.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X