Stand Up Comedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
    I saw him last year and he was insanely funny. I don't like to laugh out loud in crowds but he had me rolling.
    In Vegas? I'm kinda bummed I missed that show. Live stand up is almost always twice as good as a recording.

I saw Harland Williams a few years ago in Wiseguys in West Valley. I was not very excited about it. I had seen him on tv shows and in movies and didn't find him to be very funny. He was great live though.

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    I have really gotten into Mike Birbiglia lately. In the process of listening to all his stuff on Amazon. He is hilarious.
    Birbigglebug is excellent. Sleepwalk with Me is a really great album. His sets are almost like a really long and really funny spot on The Moth.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      Once again, Brian Regan is consistently funny. Not gut-busting funny, but solid every time. There's not many things that happen in the NWC clan's life that can't be connected to a Regan line.

OK, so maybe we like him a little too much...
      He's the only comedian I have taken my son to see. He loved it. We listen to him in the car and my 5 year old daughter quotes him and asks me to play him all the time. We plan to take the whole family the next time he is in town..

Majority of those mentioned Here I can never do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't get the love for Brian Regan. Every Mo loves him it seems. I just don't think he's that funny.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          I don't get the love for Brian Regan. Every Mo loves him it seems. I just don't think he's that funny.
          Applejack agrees.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Well somebody finally cracked and made the thread. Congrats!
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Amen from the congregation.

It's kinda like Kale...people eat it because it is a "super food". And people say they like it, because that is the trendy thing to do. In reality, kale tastes like shit.

Comment

I love several of the names mentioned already. Louis C.K., Tosh, Birbiglia, Burr etc... Any love out there for Tig Notaro? I find her dry delivery to be really funny at times while at other times she has the ability to make me really uncomfortable. I first started seeing her sets on the late night circuit, and have since seen a documentary style special where she travelled around the south doing shows in people's backyards. Her new show (produced by Louis C.K.) streams on Amazon, and while I generally found it funny, it pushed me out of my comfort zone a ton.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                  Amen from the congregation.

It's kinda like Kale...people eat it because it is a "super food". And people say they like it, because that is the trendy thing to do. In reality, kale tastes like shit.
                  lol. This is personal for you, isn't it?
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Regan is nothing like Kale. Both he and Gaffigan are hilarious. I saw Gaffigan last year in Newark. In spite of the fact I was in Newark, I still busted a gut. I never expected to laugh that hard at his show.

It's obvious why mormons love them but that doesn't mean they aren't funny. Sometimes mormons as a group actually like quality things.

Comment

I think he's funny.

I never really seek out any particular comedian, so I form my opinion off of what I run into--usually what my wife and kids watch or listen to. He's pretty funny. I still don't get Studio C for the most part though. Conan and Jay Leno aren't so funny. David Letterman is very funny. I really like Jimmy Fallon too.

Comment

I'm no huge kale proponent, but my wife makes a delicious kale soup. It might have something to do with the ground sausage in it.

Comment

I like Brian Regan, except when he loses it and starts shouting. I've seen him live and he's very good. His pain scale bit about being in the emergency room is really funny. And I think Gaffigan is even better. Still, my favorite live comedian remains Jerry Seinfeld.

Comment

who is the hot pockets guy? hate him
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              who is the hot pockets guy? hate him
                              Jim Gaffigan. He is awesome.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                I like Brian Regan, except when he loses it and starts shouting. I've seen him live and he's very good. His pain scale bit about being in the emergency room is really funny. And I think Gaffigan is even better. Still, my favorite live comedian remains Jerry Seinfeld.
                                Seinfeld is the GOAT.

Someone else mentioned Hedberg. Great stuff, but had he not OD'd/suicided'd I'm sure he would have become as old and stale as Gaffigan is now.
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X