Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    norm is hilarious but i don't love his standup
    He's at his best in an interview format with another comedian/late night talk show host. His appearances with Conan and Miller back in the 90s are the best.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      He's at his best in an interview format with another comedian/late night talk show host. His appearances with Conan and Miller back in the 90s are the best.
      His recent appearance on Adam Carolla's podcast was above average.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I must be a prude as I find most comedians to be disgusting people with dirty minds and dirty mouths. Just don't find it funny.
        "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Patton Oswalt on 63 y/o moms is pretty funny. Also, David Cross reading a Restoration Hardware catalog at the end of his Netflix special made me laugh harder than most anything I've seen in years.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I love stand up, for most of the last 5-6 years I listen to stand up and comedian's podcasts almost all the time I spend in my car.

I really like Rogan and I saw him in Portland a few years ago and thought he killed, I do agree with fus that I think overall his podcast is awesome and sometimes his humor translates better into story/conversation of podcast than stand up. The same is true with Bert Kreischer, Jim Norton, Robert Kelly, Louis Gomez, Rich Vos, Big Jay Oakerson, Norm MacDonald, Collin Quinn. All have some razor wit and can destroy in a conversation or podcast, but their stand up sometimes isn't as funny.

One guy I really love that I think his specials are hilarious is Tom Segura, while his podcast with his wife is ok. He has a football podcast called Charge it to the Game that is a fun listen though.

Other guys I've listened to or had new specials recently that I think are really good, Dan Soder and Sebastian Maniscalo (he's a clean comic).

I can listen to all three of Mitch Hedberg's albums anytime. I have probably listened to Daniel Tosh's "True Stories I Made Up" 35 times.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post

I can listen to all three of Mitch Hedberg's albums anytime.
              Me too, but I hate drugs so much.
              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                I love stand up, for most of the last 5-6 years I listen to stand up and comedian's podcasts almost all the time I spend in my car.

I really like Rogan and I saw him in Portland a few years ago and thought he killed, I do agree with fus that I think overall his podcast is awesome and sometimes his humor translates better into story/conversation of podcast than stand up. The same is true with Bert Kreischer, Jim Norton, Robert Kelly, Louis Gomez, Rich Vos, Big Jay Oakerson, Norm MacDonald, Collin Quinn. All have some razor wit and can destroy in a conversation or podcast, but their stand up sometimes isn't as funny.

One guy I really love that I think his specials are hilarious is Tom Segura, while his podcast with his wife is ok. He has a football podcast called Charge it to the Game that is a fun listen though.

Other guys I've listened to or had new specials recently that I think are really good, Dan Soder and Sebastian Maniscalo (he's a clean comic).

I can listen to all three of Mitch Hedberg's albums anytime. I have probably listened to Daniel Tosh's "True Stories I Made Up" 35 times.
                I think Tom Segura's bit on The First 48 Hours is brilliant.

I also really liked Greg Giraldo. I didn't really watch his stuff until after he was gone though.

Bill Burr is probably my current favorite. Anthony Jeselnik is also hilarious.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Once again, Brian Regan is consistently funny. Not gut-busting funny, but solid every time. There's not many things that happen in the NWC clan's life that can't be connected to a Regan line.

OK, so maybe we like him a little too much...
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

I enjoy Hannibal Burress a lot.

His bit on a bachelor party in NOLA is hilarious.

He's weird, my wife doesn't get him but I think I do.

Comment

Speaking of Opie and Anthony, it seems like this has been posted before in another thread:

There's also a clip on youtube of Jim Norton doing commentary while watching an episode of Hoarders which is pretty funny.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post

He's one of my favorites.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          I think Tom Segura's bit on The First 48 Hours is brilliant.

I also really liked Greg Giraldo. I didn't really watch his stuff until after he was gone though.

Bill Burr is probably my current favorite. Anthony Jeselnik is also hilarious.
                          greg giraldo's roast stuff was always great, but again i don't think it translates to standup
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post

hannibal is great. i've seen him twice live and he killed
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              hannibal is great. i've seen him twice live and he killed
                              I saw him last year and he was insanely funny. I don't like to laugh out loud in crowds but he had me rolling.

Comment

I have really gotten into Mike Birbiglia lately. In the process of listening to all his stuff on Amazon. He is hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X