Stand Up Comedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell Crowe names koala chlamydia clinic after John Oliver

I don't like starting unnecessary new threads, so I think this goes here ... Actor gets his own back after comedian bought jock strap from Cinderella Man in ‘divorce auction’ and donated it to Alaskan video store:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...er-john-oliver
    Last edited by tooblue; 05-08-2018, 06:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      norm is hilarious but i don't love his standup
      this was a bad take. norm is the most underappreciated comedian of his generation.
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• new louis ck special.

Comment

new louis ck special.
          Does this mean that #metoo is over? Didn't he "invite" subordinate employees to watch him change his own oil?

Regardless, how good is the special? I thought his standup was good last time I watched it but I didn't love his show.
          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
            Does this mean that #metoo is over? Didn't he "invite" subordinate employees to watch him change his own oil?

Regardless, how good is the special? I thought his standup was good last time I watched it but I didn't love his show.
            I thought some episodes of the show were amazing. I didn’t finish watching some of them, I found them so bad.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

this was a bad take. norm is the most underappreciated comedian of his generation.
              His Twitter during golf is amazing. Very underrated standup.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                I have really gotten into Mike Birbiglia lately. In the process of listening to all his stuff on Amazon. He is hilarious.
                Over six years after posting this, I'm finally going to see him at Lincoln Center in a half hour. If I paid more attention and didn't have to work all the freaking time I could probably see a lot of good comedy when I'm here.

Comment

Over six years after posting this, I'm finally going to see him at Lincoln Center in a half hour. If I paid more attention and didn't have to work all the freaking time I could probably see a lot of good comedy when I'm here.
                  birbiglia is awesome

Comment

I'd love to see Birbiglebug live. I'm worried that his last few specials have been on a downward trend.

Going to see Jim Jeffries in February.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

birbiglia is awesome
                      He's good, but delivery is too slow. I need my jokes at 1.5X speed please.

Funny reading this thread. I've fallen off Brian Regan and latched onto Gaffigan more. Never liked his early stuff that much but he is hilarious live. His oldest son did a quick routine to open the show in Bend last year and he was actually pretty good.
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Any other Nate Bargatze fans? We love that guy.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

Funny reading this thread. I've fallen off Brian Regan and latched onto Gaffigan more. Never liked his early stuff that much but he is hilarious live. His oldest son did a quick routine to open the show in Bend last year and he was actually pretty good.
                          There is some great o_g posts in this thread about not liking fat comics, in particular Amy Schumer. It definitely made me chuckle reading back through it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

I loved Regan's latest Red Rocks special. I think his best. I also love Gaffigan. He's prodigious and consistently funny. One of my current favorites is Sebastian Maniscalco. I didn't love his latest special, but I love all of his previous specials.
                            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Any other Nate Bargatze fans? We love that guy.
                              He's great. Love his style and pace.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• we seent bill burr a few weeks ago. despite the horrorshow venue (maverik center?!?!?!?!?!?), he was great.

Comment

Working...
                                X