Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Racist.
    I think since I expressed my true love for Dave Chapelle just a few posts above I'm good.

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Haha. The difference between us is that I give zero shits what people think. I think he is funny, that's enough for me. I don't think he's funny because one of my douche bag hipster friends also thinks he's funny. Or because my wife told me he is funny so of course I have to agree with her.

Btw still waiting for that lunch date, drove by your billboard again the other day. You look sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Real Husbands of Hollywood has made me laugh pretty hard several times.
      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        I think since I expressed my true love for Dave Chapelle just a few posts above I'm good.
        The comedy-discussion equivalent of "I'm not racist. I have black friends."
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
          Dave Chapelle's new Netflix stuff is pretty good.
          I don't remember which one I liked more the first or second one, but I thought both were great.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

• Went to the Tosh.show on campus last weekend. Daniel was good, though I've seen him be much better other times. He acted more like the host doing about 6-10 minutes then bringing up various comedian friends and writers on his show. Todd Glass apparently hasn't written any new material since he was on Last Comic Standing a decade ago. Greg Hahn was painful to listen to, huge bomb. I'd seen Ian Edwards name on other comics Twitters but had never heard him, he was hilarious. I laughed harder than I have in a couple of years. I'll be looking for more of him.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

• Dave Chappelle’s new special on Netflix might be the best hour I’ve heard in a long time. The parts about being offended and Trump/reaction/attitude are Carlin/Pryor-esque. Also gets a Mormon mention in!
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                Dave Chappelle’s new special on Netflix might be the best hour I’ve heard in a long time. The parts about being offended and Trump/reaction/attitude are Carlin/Pryor-esque. Also gets a Mormon mention in!
                I did not appreciate him propagating the false narrative that Latter-day Saints still practice polygamy. But he lives in the Dayton area so I continued to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  I did not appreciate him propagating the false narrative that Latter-day Saints still practice polygamy. But he lives in the Dayton area so I continued to watch.
                  OMG I was going to ask you if you ever had to deal with the Amish causing traffic like he references!
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    Dave Chappelle’s new special on Netflix might be the best hour I’ve heard in a long time. The parts about being offended and Trump/reaction/attitude are Carlin/Pryor-esque. Also gets a Mormon mention in!
                    Agree 100%

I watched it Saturday night... Chappelle is a total genius. His way of explaining how he had to quit his show last decade was masterful, by utilizing the book Pimp written in 1952, and how the pimp managed his whores.... his delivery, his style, I can't wait till he comes back in another ten years.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Mike Birbiglia at Kingsbury Hall this Saturday.
                      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                        Mike Birbiglia at Kingsbury Hall this Saturday.
                        That's a concert brag (though not technically a concert)!

Edit: no Vegas shows, but TWO (2) shows in Boise?!
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Mike Birbiglia at Kingsbury Hall this Saturday.
                          That was fun. 90 min set. Funny bits about his urologist, his wife being pregnant, why he doesn’t want kids. Threw in a few shots at the local culture as well.
                          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

That was fun. 90 min set. Funny bits about his urologist, his wife being pregnant, why he doesn’t want kids. Threw in a few shots at the local culture as well.
                            I saw him a couple of years back. There were a couple of bits I had heard before, but overall, it was excellent. And he could either improvise very well, or pretend to improvise very well.

Comment

• I watched Michelle Wolf’s bit at the White House correspondents dinner.

It’s impossible to hit every joke for twenty straight minutes, but I Lol’d several times.

More than anything, I’m impressed that she seemed totally unfazed by the fact that a much larger, stout Sarah Sanders was a few yards from her whilst being thoroughly roasted. What chutzpah!
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                                I watched Michelle Wolf’s bit at the White House correspondents dinner.

It’s impossible to hit every joke for twenty straight minutes, but I Lol’d several times.

More than anything, I’m impressed that she seemed totally unfazed by the fact that a much larger, stout Sarah Sanders was a few yards from her whilst being thoroughly roasted. What chutzpah!
                                I lol'd as well. No, it's not the same feel-good roasting administered by Seth Meyers in 2011 that had everybody laughing at shitwig Donald Trump, but it was appropriate for the relationship between this administration. And all true.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X