Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Stand Up Comedy

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    well you have to worry about a woman, because they can't control their impulses and a fat woman will almost certainly stay fat.
    to quote someone I never thought I would quote: u r dumb
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Dave Chapelle's new Netflix stuff is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    to quote someone I never thought I would quote: u r dumb
    heh
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    I'm going to try watching it this weekend while I'm in Vegas for my daughter's soccer tournament.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    I'm going to try watching it this weekend while I'm in Vegas for my daughter's soccer tournament.
    LV Premier Invitational? That thing is causing all sorts of havoc with soccer field scheduling this weekend.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I can't believe how many people fall for old_gregg's trolling. After all these years.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    LV Premier Invitational? That thing is causing all sorts of havoc with soccer field scheduling this weekend.
    That sounds right. 4 games over the next 3 days. It looks like all of our games are at Betty Wilson Park
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

That sounds right. 4 games over the next 3 days. It looks like all of our games are at Betty Wilson Park
    That's the nice, big complex in town. When they have tournaments there, they displace the rest of the teams in the valley and it ripples down through all the leagues. My son's team has to play on a random patch of grass next to the freeway this week.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

My side of town! If I weren't going to be at Brian Head this weekend, I'd say we could meet up at the Yogurtland and i'd buy you a cup of froyo (limit 2 toppings). BTW, it's Bettye with an E.
    Last edited by Donuthole; 03-23-2017 at 04:37 PM.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    My side of town! If I weren't going to be at Brian Head this weekend, I'd say we could meet up at the Yogurtland and i'd buy you a cup of froyo (limit 2 toppings). BTW, it's Bettye with an E.
    Shoot.

Hopefully this storm hits Brian Head hard.

I liked both of the shows. I thought the Austin show was much better. It isn't as good as his stuff from 10 years ago, but still really funny. It would be hard to ever top Killin' Them Softly. That is one of the best standup shows that I have ever watched.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    I liked both of the shows. I thought the Austin show was much better. It isn't as good as his stuff from 10 years ago, but still really funny. It would be hard to ever top Killin' Them Softly. That is one of the best standup shows that I have ever watched.
    Dave Chapelle is awesome. I liked both shows about the same. Then because Chapelle references Kevin Hart I made the mistake of watching that Kevin Hart show from Lincoln Financial in Philly a few days after I watched the Chapelle shows and wow I can't believe anybody except kids and people with well below average IQs would like Kevin Hart and his crap about being scared walking down his dark driveway. Not funny at all!

Dave Chapelle is awesome. I liked both shows about the same. Then because Chapelle references Kevin Hart I made the mistake of watching that Kevin Hart show from Lincoln Financial in Philly a few days after I watched the Chapelle shows and wow I can't believe anybody except kids and people with well below average IQs would like Kevin Hart and his crap about being scared walking down his dark driveway. Not funny at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Ride Along 2- if you like Kevin Hart (which I do) this movie is very funny.
    http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1241829
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Haha. The difference between us is that I give zero shits what people think. I think he is funny, that's enough for me. I don't think he's funny because one of my douche bag hipster friends also thinks he's funny. Or because my wife told me he is funny so of course I have to agree with her.

Btw still waiting for that lunch date, drove by your billboard again the other day. You look sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *Banned*

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Jerrod Carmichael's HBO special. Not very funny.

Racist.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Some of it made me laugh pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Racist.
    I think since I expressed my true love for Dave Chapelle just a few posts above I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Haha. The difference between us is that I give zero shits what people think. I think he is funny, that's enough for me. I don't think he's funny because one of my douche bag hipster friends also thinks he's funny. Or because my wife told me he is funny so of course I have to agree with her.

Btw still waiting for that lunch date, drove by your billboard again the other day. You look sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Real Husbands of Hollywood has made me laugh pretty hard several times.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

I think since I expressed my true love for Dave Chapelle just a few posts above I'm good.
    The comedy-discussion equivalent of "I'm not racist. I have black friends."

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

I don't remember which one I liked more the first or second one, but I thought both were great.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Went to the Tosh.show on campus last weekend. Daniel was good, though I've seen him be much better other times. He acted more like the host doing about 6-10 minutes then bringing up various comedian friends and writers on his show. Todd Glass apparently hasn't written any new material since he was on Last Comic Standing a decade ago. Greg Hahn was painful to listen to, huge bomb. I'd seen Ian Edwards name on other comics Twitters but had never heard him, he was hilarious. I laughed harder than I have in a couple of years. I'll be looking for more of him.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Dave Chappelle’s new special on Netflix might be the best hour I’ve heard in a long time. The parts about being offended and Trump/reaction/attitude are Carlin/Pryor-esque. Also gets a Mormon mention in!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Dave Chappelle’s new special on Netflix might be the best hour I’ve heard in a long time. The parts about being offended and Trump/reaction/attitude are Carlin/Pryor-esque. Also gets a Mormon mention in!
    I did not appreciate him propagating the false narrative that Latter-day Saints still practice polygamy. But he lives in the Dayton area so I continued to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    I did not appreciate him propagating the false narrative that Latter-day Saints still practice polygamy. But he lives in the Dayton area so I continued to watch.
    OMG I was going to ask you if you ever had to deal with the Amish causing traffic like he references!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Agree 100%

I watched it Saturday night... Chappelle is a total genius. His way of explaining how he had to quit his show last decade was masterful, by utilizing the book Pimp written in 1952, and how the pimp managed his whores.... his delivery, his style, I can't wait till he comes back in another ten years.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Mike Birbiglia at Kingsbury Hall this Saturday.

That's a concert brag (though not technically a concert)!

Edit: no Vegas shows, but TWO (2) shows in Boise?!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

That was fun. 90 min set. Funny bits about his urologist, his wife being pregnant, why he doesn’t want kids. Threw in a few shots at the local culture as well.