NBA 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    I enjoy it. It's not "competitive basketball" but if you just watch it as the best players in the world goofing around in a pickup game just to show off then it's pretty entertaining.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Don't forget they had Hassan Whiteside too. They could have done this with their own team. Whiteside, Cousins, IT, Rudy Gay. That's easily a playoff team.
      that's crazy.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

Don't forget they had Hassan Whiteside too. They could have done this with their own team. Whiteside, Cousins, IT, Rudy Gay. That's easily a playoff team.
        And Fredette.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
          I enjoy it. It's not "competitive basketball" but if you just watch it as the best players in the world goofing around in a pickup game just to show off then it's pretty entertaining.
          Even goof off pickup games have some level of defense. If they would play defense maybe 1 out of 20 trips down the floor I think it would be more watchable. But there was literally zero defense played.

The great all star games back in the 80s and 90s had their fair share of goofing off, but things always tightened up on both ends in the 4th as both sides played to win. That was a good mix. I guess I should give them props for clamping down in the 4th and keeping both sides under 200.

Comment

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Durant is out at least 4 weeks? That's a relatively big deal if he doesn't come back before the playoffs. If they lose the #1 seed, I assume they could still breeze through the western conference.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                Durant is out at least 4 weeks? That's a relatively big deal if he doesn't come back before the playoffs. If they lose the #1 seed, I assume they could still breeze through the western conference.
                I dont think they lose the number one seed. They have a very favorable schedule in April. But I don't think anybody is going to breeze through San Antonio with or without KD.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  I dont think they lose the number one seed. They have a very favorable schedule in April. But I don't think anybody is going to breeze through San Antonio with or without KD.
                  Yeah, breeze is too much. I think if it comes to it, they win against the Spurs. But you're right, it won't be easy.
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

The Durant injury is essentially a non-issue. This is the same team that broke the all time wins record last year. They aren't losing that #1 spot. They only need Durant in the playoffs- especially to combat Lebron.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      The Durant injury is essentially a non-issue. This is the same team that broke the all time wins record last year. They aren't losing that #1 spot. They only need Durant in the playoffs- especially to combat Lebron.
                      Generally that's true, but they don't have bogut to bang a little in the first and third quarters and, I think more importantly, they don't have Harrison Barnes when they go small. Plus, I can not stand Matt Barnes, so it will ruin in the fun a bit for me if they pick him up.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        Generally that's true, but they don't have bogut to bang a little in the first and third quarters and, I think more importantly, they don't have Harrison Barnes when they go small. Plus, I can not stand Matt Barnes, so it will ruin in the fun a bit for me if they pick him up.
                        GSW doesn't miss those guys. That will manifest in next 4-5 weeks.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          GSW doesn't miss those guys. That will manifest in next 4-5 weeks.
                          You don't think they miss Harrison Barnes? They already have more losses this year than all of last year and that's with KD instead of Barnes. I think The bench is pretty weak compared to last year. Without any back to backs in the playoffs it might not hurt them.
                          *Banned*

Comment

Anyone else enjoying the BYU cougarettes hip hop half time routine?
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Can you smell that? That's the Jazz' performance against Minnesota tonight.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

You don't think they miss Harrison Barnes? They already have more losses this year than all of last year and that's with KD instead of Barnes. I think The bench is pretty weak compared to last year. Without any back to backs in the playoffs it might not hurt them.
                                i think there are a lot of things that go into the worse record this year. chemistry being one of those things, figuring out how to play together, who will shoot and how often, etc. i haven't looked, but i'd guess their average margin of victory is about as good or better than last year. i do agree that the lack of bench could come into play, but they are so good, they'll be fine. time will tell, however. i could definitely be wrong. but i don't see them giving up that 4 game lead. IMO, Curry and Thompson are going to light it up the last month of the year.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X