X-Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    There is a girl that my daughter ran against in track last year that is very special as well. Corie Smith from Buchanan HS near Fresno. Also a soph, she ran a 17:09 earlier this year and a s 15:58 for a 3 mile course. Those 2 as seniors will be a great battle if they stay with it.
    Is she destined for BYU? Please say yes!
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
      Is she destined for BYU? Please say yes!
      no idea. Only seen her run in 2 meets last year, but she is good.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
        no idea. Only seen her run in 2 meets last year, but she is good.
        Recruit her, according to all NCAA rules of course. Imagine those two on the same team in college.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

The Men won in Kentucky at Pre-Nationals, defeating Oregon and Colorado.

http://www.flotrack.org/result/10943...l#.WeJBz4prxp8

The Women laid an egg and finished 7th, in large part because the fifty runner had a weak run.

Comment

The Men won WCC sweeping the first five spots against number 3 Portland, which rested a few top runners. Next up in two weeks, Mountain Regionals, which should include top ranked NAU and Colorado.

Comment

The Men won WCC sweeping the first five spots against number 3 Portland, which rested a few top runners. Next up in two weeks, Mountain Regionals, which should include top ranked NAU and Colorado.
              That was a fun race to watch.

Comment

I don't follow CC very much, but I was surprised the course was on or around the Metropolitan Golf Course, which is a typical flat, airport golf course. Aren't most CC courses hillier than that?

Comment

It's going to be a dog fight between BYU and nau. Would be a fun race to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    I don't follow CC very much, but I was surprised the course was on or around the Metropolitan Golf Course, which is a typical flat, airport golf course. Aren't most CC courses hillier than that?
                    Most courses are what are available, but on golf courses. USF was the host school so that's what they selected IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                      It's going to be a dog fight between BYU and nau. Would be a fun race to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      BYU is running well but nationals are four weeks away. Regionals will be the first time NAU and BYU meet up and it will be interesting to see if each squad puts forth its best squad or holds off until nationals.

BYU has the most depth I've ever seen. Getting Clinger to postpone the mission has been valuable as he has consistently run the third placed man at a high level.

Comment

Regionals are in Logan, Utah today, with number 1 NAU and number 5 Colorado in attendance. BYU will be holding out several of their starting five to rest up for nationals. The only purpose of today is to qualify for national finals in two weeks. It will be the first time all season that BYU and NAU have met but it may not be representative of how they will fare in two weeks.

The women run first and the men run their first 10K all season.

Comment

Regionals are in Logan, Utah today, with number 1 NAU and number 5 Colorado in attendance. BYU will be holding out several of their starting five to rest up for nationals. The only purpose of today is to qualify for national finals in two weeks. It will be the first time all season that BYU and NAU have met but it may not be representative of how they will fare in two weeks.

The women run first and the men run their first 10K all season.
                          I also read that this is the first time that nationally ranked #1 and #2 teams will meet in regionals. Apparently there is a live stream somewhere. Hoping I can find it and tune in at 10:15 (my time). If anyone finds a link please share for the rest of us.

Comment

I also read that this is the first time that nationally ranked #1 and #2 teams will meet in regionals. Apparently there is a live stream somewhere. Hoping I can find it and tune in at 10:15 (my time). If anyone finds a link please share for the rest of us.
                            I went to the regional championship website and nothing, not even an online standings update. It's being organized by Utah State, so no surprise there.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                              I went to the regional championship website and nothing, not even an online standings update. It's being organized by Utah State, so no surprise there.
                              FloTrack has a live streaming but you need an account.

There is supposed to be live stats but I got this when I went to that website.
                              https://www.runnercard.com/e/runner.Main?meet=1001504

http://live.flotrack.org/#/event/333...selection-show

http://www.flotrack.org/?utm_source=...erm=ournetwork
                              Last edited by Topper; 11-10-2017, 08:31 AM.

Comment

BYU is only three votes behind NAU but this meet won't show what each team has as I believe both teams are holding back some better runners.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/cross-country-men/d1

Comment

Working...
                                X