No announcement yet.

X-Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BYU is back in Wisconsin this weekend competing in the men's and women's Cross championships.

BYU will be chasing two time national champs, NAU, which took the Mountain regional this past Friday. The women are ranked ninth so they won't be chasing the title but looking for a top ten finish.

Both teams did well at pre-nationals.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Men finished second to NAU but only 23 points behind and return their top runner, Connor Mantz.

Women moved up and finished 7th, with all top five returning.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Regionals are in SLC this weekend. I don't know if BYU is confident enough to hold anyone out. BYU competes against NAU so in the men's group I imagine all are running. BYU's women are actually a sneaky chance of upending Arkansas as both Whitney and Erika are running very well.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
            Something special coming back to Provo would be pretty cool.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
              Something special coming back to Provo would be pretty cool.
              I can't predict anything as I haven't seen enough of Arkansas, but BYU could steal it on the women's side. BYU is in a rebuilding year on the men's side so they are likely to finish anywhere between 3 and 5th at nationals. Their fourth and fifth placed runners are dragging them down.

Comment

Women get 2nd and Men are national champions!

Holding off NAU and Colorado is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                  I can't predict anything as I haven't seen enough of Arkansas, but BYU could steal it on the women's side. BYU is in a rebuilding year on the men's side so they are likely to finish anywhere between 3 and 5th at nationals. Their fourth and fifth placed runners are dragging them down.
                  Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post

lol. Topper proving that his crappy sports takes don’t stop with football and basketball.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    lol. Topper proving that his crappy sports takes don’t stop with football and basketball.
                    The women were six points from stealing it, where their fourth runner dropped 14 places, thereby allowing Arkansas to sneak by.

Eyestone said he had everyone run easy at Regionals, plus the muddy conditions favored BYU running up front, because making up ground under those conditions is very difficult. Even so, NAU's Michael Smith's down year was second, with a bunch of freshmen. BYU's win is fantastic but is considered an upset in the running world. Ed had said this is a rebuilding year earlier in the year.

Kudos to Ed and Diljeet.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post

Matt Owens is the hero here as he is a steeple chaser, and does not usually run X, but with Shumway not returning this season, Ed asked Matt to step in. His performance was the difference between first and third place.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        Matt Owens is the hero here as he is a steeple chaser, and does not usually run X, but with Shumway not returning this season, Ed asked Matt to step in. His performance was the difference between first and third place.
                        Absolutely. The guy had never run a 10k before and he comes out at Nationals and runs for 4th place on BYU's team, securing them the win.

Comment

Absolutely. The guy had never run a 10k before and he comes out at Nationals and runs for 4th place on BYU's team, securing them the win.
                          They lose two seniors from this team, but get back Mantz, Clingler, McKay Johns, Brandon Garnica, Shumway and Weaver, so the team will be competitive. Hopefully, Jacklin can continue to work on his fitness and form.

Comment

That's pretty incredible.
                            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

X-Country

. Cool picture. I know nothing about XC. What is the women’s coach background? Had no idea one of the head coaches at BYU was a woman of color.
                              Last edited by Art Vandelay; 11-28-2019, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                                . Cool picture. I know nothing about XC. What is the women’s coach background? Had no idea one is the head coaches at BYU was a WOC.
                                Took me a minute to figure out what you meant. She is one of, if not the best, women coaches in the nation. She was offered the Stanford job this off-season. I hope they keep her a long time and make her the head coach when Eyestone retires.

Comment

Working...
                                X