No announcement yet.

X-Country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got a text from a friend who coached the usual NAU #7 runner last year in high school. He took the day off to rest for Nationals. Going to be a great race between the cougs and lumberjacks.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
      I just got a text from a friend who coached the usual NAU #7 runner last year in high school. He took the day off to rest for Nationals. Going to be a great race between the cougs and lumberjacks.
      I did the math, and if the 2 and 3 runners run their normal races, BYU would have nipped NAU today. Of course that didn't happen and a lot of teams will be running a tight race at Nationals.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Here's a good article about the upcoming battle between BYU and NAU at the national championships this weekend.

I wish there were a way to watch the race aside from paying $30 to flotrack. Hopefully BYU will run another periscope or Facebook live feed like last week.

http://www.letsrun.com/news/2017/11/...ncaa-xc-title/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a good article about the upcoming battle between BYU and NAU at the national championships this weekend.

I wish there were a way to watch the race aside from paying $30 to flotrack. Hopefully BYU will run another periscope or Facebook live feed like last week.

Yeah, that is crazy that it is not televised.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

That ticks me off as it was once free.

that is a great analysis. Didn't Jonathan Harper also not run at Regionals?

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

My kids are running on their CIF meet this week in Fresno and work schedule made it so that I can be there. In meetings in Sacramento till then.

This may be my son's last race ever, unless he qualifies for state, needs to be top 12.

My daughter is going for the win. Will be so fun to be there. She is trying to run low 19s, but that will tough. She hasn't run on a fast course yet this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                My kids are running on their CIF meet this week in Fresno and work schedule made it so that I can be there. In meetings in Sacramento till then.

This may be my son's last race ever, unless he qualifies for state, needs to be top 12.

My daughter is going for the win. Will be so fun to be there. She is trying to run low 19s, but that will tough. She hasn't run on a fast course yet this year.
                Good luck to your children, and enjoy Dad. Once these days are gone, they are long gone until and if your grandchildren pursue the sport. I remember the many long rides to practices and games, sometimes feeling they were a lot of work, but not they are gone, I wish I could bring them back every now and then.

Comment

Good luck to the piney kids. Are they running at Woodward park on the state meet course? That's a fairly fast course, with just a couple of moderate uphills.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                    Good luck to your children, and enjoy Dad. Once these days are gone, they are long gone until and if your grandchildren pursue the sport. I remember the many long rides to practices and games, sometimes feeling they were a lot of work, but not they are gone, I wish I could bring them back every now and then.
                    Yep. When my son decided to take the XC season off to instead work, my wife and I were way more upset about it than we should have been. I just really enjoyed the meets and team activities. I still get to know the team and the coaches fairly well when they send their injuries my way, but it's not nearly the same as having someone to cheer for at all of the meets.

Comment

Good luck to the piney kids. Are they running at Woodward park on the state meet course? That's a fairly fast course, with just a couple of moderate uphills.
                      Yes, their meet is on the same course. Nice warm up for a week and a half later.

Comment

My old HS XC coach is in Louisville this weekend for the national championships. One of his prized pupils is a stud on NAUs team, so he traveled back east to watch and support him. He is a hardcore evangelical Christian, and would often playfully give all of the LDS kids, who made up a big chunk of our team, a hard time. He's a great guy, and we still text back and forth all the time. He couldn't pass up the opportunity to snap a picture with the BYU women's team this morning as he walked by their tent. He said they were super friendly and more than happy to take a pic for me.

Comment

My old HS XC coach is in Louisville this weekend for the national championships. One of his prized pupils is a stud on NAUs team, so he traveled back east to watch and support him. He is a hardcore evangelical Christian, and would often playfully give all of the LDS kids, who made up a big chunk of our team, a hard time. He's a great guy, and we still text back and forth all the time. He couldn't pass up the opportunity to snap a picture with the BYU women's team this morning as he walked by their tent. He said they were super friendly and more than happy to take a pic for me.

Good job Goose.

Comment

Yes, their meet is on the same course. Nice warm up for a week and a half later.
                            Please report back.

Comment

Report from the bigpiney crew's section meet?

Comment

BYU signed the national cross country runner, right out of Timpview.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-the-year.html

Comment

Working...
                                X