VidAngel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    VidAngel should just create and sell data files that can be used with movies that you bit torrent off the internet. They could submit some patches to popular video players that read their data files and plays these downloaded movies with edits applied to them on the fly during playback. They would then only be selling interesting data files and not even have to touch the movies. If they where smart they would create some easy-to-use movie editing software that captures the data for these interesting data files so it could then be crowd sourced. Then if hollywood threaten them with legal action they could "release the genie from the bottle" by opening sourcing the video editing software to all the internet to use. I could imagine that folks could come up with some interesting edits to movies. For example, removing all mention of Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars E 2 or something. I should sure those hollywood artists would love the idea of an internet full of amateur editors slicing up and dubbing over their movies like contributors to Wikipedia.
    Or they could go back to the drawing board and try to come up with a business idea that's actually legal.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
      Or they could go back to the drawing board and try to come up with a business idea that's actually legal.
      So passé.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        VidAngel should just create and sell data files that can be used with movies that you bit torrent off the internet. They could submit some patches to popular video players that read their data files and plays these downloaded movies with edits applied to them on the fly during playback. They would then only be selling interesting data files and not even have to touch the movies. If they where smart they would create some easy-to-use movie editing software that captures the data for these interesting data files so it could then be crowd sourced. Then if hollywood threaten them with legal action they could "release the genie from the bottle" by opening sourcing the video editing software to all the internet to use. I could imagine that folks could come up with some interesting edits to movies. For example, removing all mention of Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars E 2 or something. I should sure those hollywood artists would love the idea of an internet full of amateur editors slicing up and dubbing over their movies like contributors to Wikipedia.
        That's basically what ClearPlay does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

VidAngel

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          That's basically what ClearPlay tries to do. But it's really just one giant glitch.

FIFY.
          Last edited by Donuthole; 09-07-2016, 08:41 PM.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            FIFY.
            I wouldn't know. I've never used it.

I better start using vidangel quickly before the courts shut it down!

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              I wouldn't know. I've never used it.

I better start using vidangel quickly before the courts shut it down!

Not only do you need to start utilizing VidAngel's service, you need to invest in it, too. Hurry before it's too late!

Hello

Today is the last day you can invest in VidAngel! Investment closes TONIGHT at 11:59PM MST.

VidAngel's sales transactions grew 2,600% in the 10 months after launching our public product. Our customers have already invested over 8.3 million dollars! And there's still time for you to invest.

Watch this video for more information:

Investment <https://www.vidangel.com/invest>

There is only a limited amount of stock available for purchase. Invest here <https://www.vidangel.com/invest> .

Thank you for your support! #SaveFiltering

Sincerely,
              Neal Harmon, CEO
              VidAngel
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                Not only do you need to start utilizing VidAngel's service, you need to invest in it, too. Hurry before it's too late!
                Ha, yeah, no thanks.

I once read an interesting article about a group that made a ton of money investing in companies with significant outstanding contingencies. The group found that they could on average predict the way the contingency would go more than 50% of the time and when they predicted it right they'd make a ton of money.

Seems like this contingency is pretty much sewed up and buried, but hey, maybe I will throw a few bucks in just to see if I can get a 1000% return.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  are they sending that to customers?? yikes
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I love VidAngel. I wish Netflix or someone could reach an agreement with the studios to do something similar. I personally don't mind Game of Thrones type content, but there's a lot of people that don't. In particular, if I had teenagers, I would like to be able to watch edited GoT with them rather than them just finding it unedited elsewhere.
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I've received those VidAngel emails. It appears as if they're paying about as much attention to SEC laws as they did to copyright laws.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                        I've received those VidAngel emails. It appears as if they're paying about as much attention to SEC laws as they did to copyright laws.
                        Not to mention the blue sky laws of fifty states... Dear subscribers, here's an opportunity to purchase shares, along with a "put" for those shares for the ensuing twelve months.

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                          I love VidAngel. I wish Netflix or someone could reach an agreement with the studios to do something similar. I personally don't mind Game of Thrones type content, but there's a lot of people that don't. In particular, if I had teenagers, I would like to be able to watch edited GoT with them rather than them just finding it unedited elsewhere.
                          VidAngel is a sleazy operation whose entire business model is based on theft. Thankfully they'll be shut down soon.
                          "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

While I still think they are going to lose this battle, I'm always pretty impressed/amused with Vidangel's informational videos. I'm happy to support them until they are gone.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Published 3 days ago and already hitting 5000 views!

Nonetheless, I laughed... at least a couple of times. Thanks for sharing.

Have not used the service. Tried to convince the wife that my 14-yo son was old enough to watch Gladiator with me on Netflix the other weekend; she vetoed that idea outright.

Maybe VidAngel is how I get around "the law" in these parts.
                              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Or just wait until she's gone to enrichment or something one night.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X