Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: VidAngel

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    https://www.vidangel.com/GOODNEWS

My guess, they are going to start streaming independent Christian-made films
    I think it's just a reference to the Second Coming.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

I think they have cut a deal with one of the major studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    I think they have cut a deal with one of the major studios.
    If so, that's great news. I'd be willing to pay $5-6 to rent an edited movie. MJ hates R rate movies, well some of them (she loves Saving Private Ryan, The Pianist, and will watch the unedited Band of Brothers), but it would be fun to watch more of them with her. We did watch The Revenant on VidAngel and I think we rarely understood anything the Tom Hardy character said as he was constantly silenced because of profanity. We left in the gory violence though
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

https://www.vidangel.com/GOODNEWS

My guess, they are going to start streaming independent Christian-made films
    With the nudity and swearing cut out? Who's gonna watch those?!?

If so, that's great news. I'd be willing to pay $5-6 to rent an edited movie. MJ hates R rate movies, well some of them (she loves Saving Private Ryan, The Pianist, and will watch the unedited Band of Brothers), but it would be fun to watch more of them with her. We did watch The Revenant on VidAngel and I think we rarely understood anything the Tom Hardy character said as he was constantly silenced because of profanity. We left in the gory violence though
    Mormons have a weird obsession with profanity.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I know, I love it more than I really should.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    It's pretty frickin' weird, if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

So it looks like they've gone to a subscription based model that filters Netflix and Amazon offerings. 7.99 a month. No agreement with either service to filter their content. Looks like they are doubling down rather than finding a workable solution.
    Last edited by falafel; 06-13-2017 at 10:01 PM.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    So it looks like they've gone to a subscription based model that filters Netflix and Amazon offerings. 7.99 a month. No agreement with either service to filter their content. Looks like they are doubling down rather than finding a workable solution.
    Seems a bit different since at least this time don't you have to have your own Netflix or Amazon subscription and then they layer the filtering on top? Seems quite a bit different than the old way when they'd rip a DVD and "sell" you a digital copy to stream.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Seems a bit different since at least this time don't you have to have your own Netflix or Amazon subscription and then they layer the filtering on top? Seems quite a bit different than the old way when they'd rip a DVD and "sell" you a digital copy to stream.

Yep, totally different. But they are still filtering content without a license to that content.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Yep, totally different. But they are still filtering content without a license to that content.
    If you read the comments on their facebook page, people are pissed that they can't just "rent" a brand new movie for $1. Shocked I tell you.

VidAngel is back with a new business plan. $8 per month subscription (cancel anytime) gets you filtering of your existing streaming services (including Netflix, Amazon, HBO; says that Vudu is coming soon). Looks like it also consolidates each of those services into one location.

https://www.vidangel.com/
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    VidAngel is back with a new business plan. $8 per month subscription (cancel anytime) gets you filtering of your existing streaming services (including Netflix, Amazon, HBO; says that Vudu is coming soon). Looks like it also consolidates each of those services into one location.

https://www.vidangel.com/
    Ummm...

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Ummm...
    Yes?
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Yes?
    Well, this happened over a month ago and was brought up in this very thread on this very page. And stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Well, this happened over a month ago and was brought up in this very thread on this very page. And stuff.
    Funny. I remembered seeing something here about a new setup but for some reason this seemed like another revamp.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    - Goatnapper'96

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    62M ain’t no thing!
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

"Hey, let's go buy some DVDs and blu-rays, rip them and put the content on our servers and sell access to each 'copy' for $1"

"Are we doing this through the dark web or something? Sounds a little sketchy."

"No, we're totally kosher with copyright law, so we'll market it to Mormons. What could go wrong?"
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    "Hey, let's go buy some DVDs and blu-rays, rip them and put the content on our servers and sell access to each 'copy' for $1"

"Are we doing this through the dark web or something? Sounds a little sketchy."

"No, we're totally kosher with copyright law, so we'll market it to Mormons. What could go wrong?"
    Haha. Yeah, that whole business model was an incredibly stupid idea from day one.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

I actually like their new business model to censor streaming media. We pay the monthly fee and use it mostly when watching stuff with our kids so we can take out swears. It also makes watching more riske stuff easier since MJ préfère to not watch R rated content.

But yes, they were incredibly dumb and them claiming ignorance is funny.

I actually like their new business model to censor streaming media. We pay the monthly fee and use it mostly when watching stuff with our kids so we can take out swears. It also makes watching more riske stuff easier since MJ préfère to not watch R rated content.

But yes, they were incredibly dumb and them claiming ignorance is funny.
    Moliere is a VidAngel subscriber
    To me, it's nothin' but a one-man cult
    And cyanide in my styrofoam cup
    -- Frank Ocean, Bad Religion