Women's Volleyball 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
    There are two threads about the UTAH spikers besting the BYU blockers? This board has really gone to pot.
    Hey! The post in that other thread was from a Ute fan. Don't you come in here and piss on our threads and then mock us for it!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

We have connections (know players) on both the Utah and BYU volleyball teams so we attended last night. Great atmosphere and a fun time. BYU played like crap for 2.5 sets. Had a 13-11 lead in the 5th set and Utah scored 4 pts in a row. It was a crazy night, with lots of scoring runs on either side.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        We have connections (know players) on both the Utah and BYU volleyball teams so we attended last night. Great atmosphere and a fun time. BYU played like crap for 2.5 sets. Had a 13-11 lead in the 5th set and Utah scored 4 pts in a row. It was a crazy night, with lots of scoring runs on either side.
        I watched the 4th and 5th set (thanks BYUTV). Amazing atmosphere and tons of energy.
        "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Played much better tonight against a decent UNLV team. UNLV came in with a computer model ranking of about 45, but I think they are bit overrated by the computer models. They came in undefeated against a weak schedule which is hard to rate well.

To me the biggest problem for the team is at opposite. Haddock is athletic and but undersized. It really hurts us that Cozy Burnett is injured. She gives us my better size at the opposite. Also, we are weak offensively when the setter is in the front row. We don't have anyone that can stay in and hit from the back row (act as an opposite hitter out of the back row).

Comment

Made a little road trip this week to watch the lady Cougs play against St. Marys. My two girls just finished their own volleyball seasons, so we wanted to give them a chance to see BYU play in person. Plus, some good friends of ours just moved to Moraga a couple of months ago, so this was a good excuse to see them. So we grabbed a couple of Steelblue's daughters to keep mine company and made the 3 1/2 hour trip to hang out for the weekend.

After a rough start to the first set, they poured it on and ran over them the rest of the way. McKenna Miller played really well from the left OH position. Amy Boswell played fairly well in the middle. Their libero, Mary Lake, was awesome. She was playing with a pretty clunky knee brace, but still seemed to be everywhere on defense. She had 18 total digs in the 3 sets. The setter, Lyndie Haddock, was visibly flustered in the first set after making several unforced errors, but pulled herself together and ended up playing a nice match.

The St. Marys coach is LDS and is a really nice guy. Their best OH is also LDS and is a primary teacher in the local family ward.

St Marys is a really nice campus. Gymnasium is small, with only about 15-20 rows up on either side. I can imagine that place is crazy loud when their hoops team is playing there.

Comment

Leb, are you up in like row 2?

Comment

Good play by Boswell in the first set.

BYU needs more continuity and better communication to shut down the Tiger attack.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Howard blocking well now.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

If BYU continues to block this well, game, set and match.

Comment

No conflict for Wally.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                        No conflict for Wally.
                        Good pick up. Was he there besides Pelagius?

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                          Good pick up. Was he there besides Pelagius?
                          Maybe, if Wally is actually about three feet tall and a strawberry blonde.

Comment

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                            Maybe, if Wally is actually about three feet tall and a strawberry blonde.
                            Well isn't Wally amazing at going incognito. Well done, Wally.

BYU defeated UNLV 3-0 earlier this year, but it looks as if the Rebels have turned it around and have better blocking than Princeton, so it should be different tomorrow.

Comment

Wally, your favorite volleyball team defeated the Running Rebels tonight 3-0, which previously dispatched the Utes 3-1. You must be happy all around.

Comment

My crew will be at thr match against the horns!
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X