Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have life!

:texas:
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Wow this is good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        Wow this is good stuff!
        Incredible match.

Mary Lake is an amazing libero. Gobbling everything up on the back row.

Comment

However it ends now this has been a great showing. After that second set I never thought BYU would recover.

Comment

Texas has better outside hitters, but BYUs defense has been awesome. Big blocks and incredible back row play.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
              Texas has better outside hitters, but BYUs defense has been awesome. Big blocks and incredible back row play.
              Yup the Libero Mary Lake is the difference in this game.

Comment

Ugh. So close. Wally is not going to happy about this.

Up 12-9 and had a match point, but couldn't finish it off. Boswell got a few good looks in the middle and couldn't get anything more than a couple of dinks, followed by an unforced error out of bound on the final hit on the Texas match point.

Oh well, another great season for the lady Cougs.

Comment

Darn it. But what a match.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Man. Great run. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Mary Lake is my favorite volleyball player. She was unbelievable. Tough way for Boswell to go out. I think next year's team will be even better.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Man.. bummer.

My car was in the shop until this afternoon so I couldn't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        Man. Great run. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Mary Lake is my favorite volleyball player. She was unbelievable. Tough way for Boswell to go out. I think next year's team will be even better.
                        I agree. They will certainly miss Boswell but they should be really good next season. Amazing to think Miller and lake are both freshmen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have you heard anything about Jennifer Hamsons little sister?

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                            Have you heard anything about Jennifer Hamsons little sister?

She's tall. Also playing basketball. It helps volleyball because they were able to sign 3 girls this year with only 2 available scholarships. But I wonder if she'll ever be as good at Jen and would love to see her specialize. She plays at PG which is a local powerhouse. They have 8 girls on the team who have committed to play D1 (one is Malli Valgardson who chose basketball over volleyball at BYU).

BYU just needs to get taller and more athletic in the middle. Whitney Young-Howard was a nice player but too small. Amy was too slow on the block. Sara should help with her size and athleticism. BYU redshirted another MB and have Sara's PG teammate Heather Gneiting another big middle who can really hit committed in next year's class.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

Do we have someone to replace Boswell in the middle?

Disregard. Just saw post above.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

That was a shame. Match point, and we blew it.
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X