Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Women's Volleyball 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    My crew will be at thr match against the horns!
    Hmmm... Friday at 3? I might be able to do that. Best place to get tickets?

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    My crew will be at thr match against the horns!
    Good to see some local support for the Cougs!
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

It will be interesting to see what what happens next c week. Got some uncertainty. Will Olmstead make the switch at setter permanent or revert back? Is Mckenna Miller going to be healthy by next week?
    Last edited by pelagius; 12-04-2016 at 10:24 AM.

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by pelagius View Post
    It will be interesting to see what what happens next c week. Got some uncertainty. Will Olmstead make the switch at setter permanent or revert back? Is Mckenna Miller going to be healthy by next week?
    I liked the setter change. How was Miller injured? She wasn't very effective against Princeton, but if she suffered her injury prior to that game, it might explain her ineffectiveness. She doesn't appear to hit with the same power as the other players, but that may inaccurate based on what is shown over streaming.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    I liked the setter change. How was Miller injured? She wasn't very effective against Princeton, but if she suffered her injury prior to that game, it might explain her ineffectiveness. She doesn't appear to hit with the same power as the other players, but that may inaccurate based on what is shown over streaming.
    she's been the most consistent pin hitter this season. She is also the most powerful pin hitter on the team. That's why she's the WCC freshman of the year (although I think Mary Lake is the most important player on this team).

Pre-Historic Man

she's been the most consistent pin hitter this season. She is also the most powerful pin hitter on the team. That's why she's the WCC freshman of the year (although I think Mary Lake is the most important player on this team).
    I know she has played well throughout the season, but Princeton effectively neutralized her for much of the match. That of course opened the door for Howard. Did she play at all in the match? Of course, I missed the period when it was 1-9 in the first set.

Mary Lake has been very effective, especially for a freshman.

Mary Lake is awesome. She has been fantastic.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Hmmm... Friday at 3? I might be able to do that. Best place to get tickets?
    Wait. Do I want to be in the middle of Austin when that game ends at the worst of rush hour?

Pre-Historic Man

Wait. Do I want to be in the middle of Austin when that game ends at the worst of rush hour?
    Or do you want to be with your fellow Cougs as they upset the local Horns, basking in the glow of another victory over the Horns?

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Or do you want to be with your fellow Cougs as they upset the local Horns, basking in the glow of another victory over the Horns?
    THIS! THIS IS WHAT I WANT!!!

Pre-Historic Man

THIS! THIS IS WHAT I WANT!!!
    You have your answer then. Be there.

BYU volleyball Sweet 16 update:
    [SPOILER]BYU was in great position to take set 1, up 20-17 and rolling. Texas went on a little roll, aided by a clutch Ace that found the hardwood untouched, and put them away 25-23. My WatchESPN switched over to Sportscenter for awhile in between sets and never came back. I refreshed the feed and it took me back to the game, just in time to see Texas win set 2 going away.[/SPOILER]

Ugh yeah BYU should have had that first set and then lost their confidence. Too bad.

Miller looked great in the first set. Haddock and Howard have been pounding the ball here in the third. Texas has some really athletic OHs.

Huge finish to the third set. Down 2 match points, BYU rallies and scores 4 straight to win the set 26-24. On to the fourth set...

We have life!

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Wow this is good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Wow this is good stuff!
    Incredible match.

Mary Lake is an amazing libero. Gobbling everything up on the back row.

However it ends now this has been a great showing. After that second set I never thought BYU would recover.

Texas has better outside hitters, but BYUs defense has been awesome. Big blocks and incredible back row play.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
    Texas has better outside hitters, but BYUs defense has been awesome. Big blocks and incredible back row play.
    Yup the Libero Mary Lake is the difference in this game.

Ugh. So close. Wally is not going to happy about this.

Up 12-9 and had a match point, but couldn't finish it off. Boswell got a few good looks in the middle and couldn't get anything more than a couple of dinks, followed by an unforced error out of bound on the final hit on the Texas match point.

Oh well, another great season for the lady Cougs.

Darn it. But what a match.

Man. Great run. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Mary Lake is my favorite volleyball player. She was unbelievable. Tough way for Boswell to go out. I think next year's team will be even better.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Man.. bummer.

My car was in the shop until this afternoon so I couldn't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
    Man. Great run. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. Mary Lake is my favorite volleyball player. She was unbelievable. Tough way for Boswell to go out. I think next year's team will be even better.
    I agree. They will certainly miss Boswell but they should be really good next season. Amazing to think Miller and lake are both freshmen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you heard anything about Jennifer Hamsons little sister?

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
    Have you heard anything about Jennifer Hamsons little sister?

She's tall. Also playing basketball. It helps volleyball because they were able to sign 3 girls this year with only 2 available scholarships. But I wonder if she'll ever be as good at Jen and would love to see her specialize. She plays at PG which is a local powerhouse. They have 8 girls on the team who have committed to play D1 (one is Malli Valgardson who chose basketball over volleyball at BYU).

BYU just needs to get taller and more athletic in the middle. Whitney Young-Howard was a nice player but too small. Amy was too slow on the block. Sara should help with her size and athleticism. BYU redshirted another MB and have Sara's PG teammate Heather Gneiting another big middle who can really hit committed in next year's class.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Do we have someone to replace Boswell in the middle?

Disregard. Just saw post above.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Pre-Historic Man

That was a shame. Match point, and we blew it.