Women's Volleyball 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    My crew will be at thr match against the horns!
    Hmmm... Friday at 3? I might be able to do that. Best place to get tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
      My crew will be at thr match against the horns!
      Good to see some local support for the Cougs!
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what what happens next c week. Got some uncertainty. Will Olmstead make the switch at setter permanent or revert back? Is Mckenna Miller going to be healthy by next week?
        Last edited by pelagius; 12-04-2016, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
          It will be interesting to see what what happens next c week. Got some uncertainty. Will Olmstead make the switch at setter permanent or revert back? Is Mckenna Miller going to be healthy by next week?
          I liked the setter change. How was Miller injured? She wasn't very effective against Princeton, but if she suffered her injury prior to that game, it might explain her ineffectiveness. She doesn't appear to hit with the same power as the other players, but that may inaccurate based on what is shown over streaming.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
            I liked the setter change. How was Miller injured? She wasn't very effective against Princeton, but if she suffered her injury prior to that game, it might explain her ineffectiveness. She doesn't appear to hit with the same power as the other players, but that may inaccurate based on what is shown over streaming.
            she's been the most consistent pin hitter this season. She is also the most powerful pin hitter on the team. That's why she's the WCC freshman of the year (although I think Mary Lake is the most important player on this team).

Comment

she's been the most consistent pin hitter this season. She is also the most powerful pin hitter on the team. That's why she's the WCC freshman of the year (although I think Mary Lake is the most important player on this team).
              I know she has played well throughout the season, but Princeton effectively neutralized her for much of the match. That of course opened the door for Howard. Did she play at all in the match? Of course, I missed the period when it was 1-9 in the first set.

Mary Lake has been very effective, especially for a freshman.

Comment

Mary Lake is awesome. She has been fantastic.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  Hmmm... Friday at 3? I might be able to do that. Best place to get tickets?
                  Wait. Do I want to be in the middle of Austin when that game ends at the worst of rush hour?

Comment

Wait. Do I want to be in the middle of Austin when that game ends at the worst of rush hour?
                    Or do you want to be with your fellow Cougs as they upset the local Horns, basking in the glow of another victory over the Horns?

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                      Or do you want to be with your fellow Cougs as they upset the local Horns, basking in the glow of another victory over the Horns?
                      THIS! THIS IS WHAT I WANT!!!

Comment

THIS! THIS IS WHAT I WANT!!!
                        You have your answer then. Be there.

Comment

BYU volleyball Sweet 16 update:
                          [SPOILER]BYU was in great position to take set 1, up 20-17 and rolling. Texas went on a little roll, aided by a clutch Ace that found the hardwood untouched, and put them away 25-23. My WatchESPN switched over to Sportscenter for awhile in between sets and never came back. I refreshed the feed and it took me back to the game, just in time to see Texas win set 2 going away.[/SPOILER]

Comment

Ugh yeah BYU should have had that first set and then lost their confidence. Too bad.

Comment

Miller looked great in the first set. Haddock and Howard have been pounding the ball here in the third. Texas has some really athletic OHs.

Comment

Huge finish to the third set. Down 2 match points, BYU rallies and scores 4 straight to win the set 26-24. On to the fourth set...

Comment

Working...
                                X