Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MoTab Musings

Quote Originally Posted by Copelius View Post
    Ryan arranged 3.
    Whoo hoo! I like Ryan.
    I like Mack too, but really, his stuff is starting to pall. If I want to listen to classic (and genius) Mack, I go to his older songs on Youtube.

Busy year so far. Amazing that Pioneer Day Concert is just around the corner. I have set apart two tickets from my allotment for Saturday night, July 15, for CS. (There may be more depending on family requests or lack thereof) Same as with the Christmas Concert. Pick a number between 1-100 and closest above or below wins. If two people pick the same number first one in time wins. Should be pretty good show with Christopher Jackson of Hamilton fame as a guest.
    Last edited by Copelius; 06-25-2017 at 08:58 PM.
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Busy year so far. Amazing that Pioneer Day Concert is just around the corner. I have set apart two tickets from my allotment for Saturday night, July 15, for CS. (There may be more depending on family requests or lack thereof) Same as with the Christmas Concert. Pick a number between 1-100 and closest above or below wins. If two people pick the same number first one in time wins. Should be pretty good show with Christopher Jackson of Hamilton fame as a guest.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

/3chars
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

15 is my guess

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

/3chars
    Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    15 is my guess
    Son of a...
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Hmmm. Do I pick 16 or 98...

37 please

I forgot to put in a deadline. This is open until July 5.
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

The number was 32. PM me your name Tick and I will leave some at will call.

PM Sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Mrs Diddley was pleased to find out PAC Lord Grantham is narrating the Christmas program this year. Looks like we'll be headed up there this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Mrs Diddley was pleased to find out PAC Lord Grantham is narrating the Christmas program this year. Looks like we'll be headed up there this year.
    Pres. Jarrett said Carson wouldn't be there to dress him.

Pres. Jarrett said Carson wouldn't be there to dress him.
    ha.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Copelius is an inspiration to Cougarboard. The Rosa Parks of facial hair:

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/me...ml?id=19178023

So apparently the MOTAB allows men to have mustaches...
    When will this allowance of mustaches and demonization of beards end in the church already?

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Copelius is an inspiration to Cougarboard. The Rosa Parks of facial hair:

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/me...ml?id=19178023
    There is a younger tenor who has joined the cause. We are now up to 4. I keep saying it would be fun to see about 80-90 mustaches show up for conference, but too many would likely get them removed from the approved list. I have to miss sustaining my son as a teacher tomorrow but I will be there to ordain him after church.

There is a younger tenor who has joined the cause. We are now up to 4. I keep saying it would be fun to see about 80-90 mustaches show up for conference, but too many would likely get them removed from the approved list. I have to miss sustaining my son as a teacher tomorrow but I will be there to ordain him after church.
    Cope, thanks for your service in the choir!

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    It’s all about the music, not at all about the anal imtercourse.

Not much to say. They were great guests. It is something we do in every venue we sing at, inviting guests, that is. Their conductor was extremely gracious and very adept, as one would imagine for a DMA. It was a great pleasure to sing for him and its like both he and Pres. Jarrett said, the purpose of both choirs is to build bridges through music, which is what I believe was done last night.

those guys don't look gay at all!
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    You wouldn’t say that f you could see their shoes
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

The MoTab deserves credit for doing their sound check with a gay men's choir. I'm sure there are many other choirs they could have picked. The San Francisco Gay Men's choir also deserves credit for being willing to accept the MoTab's invitation.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    Not the ones in the collared shirts, bro.
    Last edited by Northwestcoug; 06-27-2018 at 11:12 PM.

I'm sure they gay members of the MoTab are in Hog Heaven...

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

I have a friend in the SF Gay Men’s Choir. I met him on my mission while I served in his family's Ward. His mission (to San Francisco) ended while I was there. He was pretty obviously gay, and he was a great help to us. I had a few classes with him at BYU, and he had changed. Still really gay, but depressed and withdrawn.

I was happy to connect with him on Facebook. He’s out of the closet, gave up an I-banking job to be a high-end florist. He still goes to church every week so that he can offer support to other gay Mormons.

This meant a lot to him.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Green Monstah View Post
    I have a friend in the SF Gay Men’s Choir. I met him on my mission while I served in his family's Ward. His mission (to San Francisco) ended while I was there. He was pretty obviously gay, and he was a great help to us. I had a few classes with him at BYU, and he had changed. Still really gay, but depressed and withdrawn.

I was happy to connect with him on Facebook. He’s out of the closet, gave up an I-banking job to be a high-end florist. He still goes to church every week so that he can offer support to other gay Mormons.

This meant a lot to him.
    I'm happy to hear that.

I'm also sad that the Dude didn't comment on my lack of cynicism about the LDS church's motives on this one.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.