Trump vs. Clinton--If you had to vote today for one or the other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
    Drastically underrated movie. Kiss ass!!
    Another quote from Drowning Mona may apply to this election.

Chief Wyatt Rash: My mother always used to say, "When life hands you potatoes, make potato salad."
    Mona Dearly: Yeah? Well life handed me a pile of shit. What am I supposed to do with that?
    Phil Dearly: Make shit salad?

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      If you could tell me which party was going to win Congress I could tell you right now who I would vote for
      Highly probable it will be GOP

Comment

A bunch of highly educated people who spend time typing at each other on a message board. No way we're gonna have very many Trump voters.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
          A bunch of highly educated people who spend time typing at each other on a message board. No way we're gonna have very many Trump voters.
          Yes. Smart enough to not vote for Trump but dumb enough to view Clinton as a better choice.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Yes. Smart enough to not vote for Trump but dumb enough to view Clinton as a better choice.
            Ouch.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              Ouch.
              lol.

OK, who is the other person that voted Trump?
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I will be putting Kasich down as my write in..

Either one wins, still leaves us on a downward spiral.. Never thought I would see such times like this..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  Johnson/Weld?

Johnson is an odd duck. I've heard he had quite the temper as gov. of New Mexico. I appreciated him calling Trump a racist.

Comment

An interesting question.

Could we be electing a mentally ill person in one of these two?
                    http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...history-213276

The writer obviously is unfamiliar with clinical narcissism because we don't know enough if Trump meets the definition.
                    I suggest we may need to acquire the DSM 5 or the ICD 10 to understand our next president.

https://www.psychiatry.org/psychiatr...tice/dsm/dsm-5 Get yours now.
                    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                      An interesting question.

Could we be electing a mentally ill person in one of these two?
                      http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...history-213276

The writer obviously is unfamiliar with clinical narcissism because we don't know enough if Trump meets the definition.
                      I suggest we may need to acquire the DSM 5 or the ICD 10 to understand our next president.

https://www.psychiatry.org/psychiatr...tice/dsm/dsm-5 Get yours now.
                      Pretty much every major politician could be diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Trump also exhibits traits of Anti-Social Personality Disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                        Pretty much every major politician could be diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Trump also exhibits traits of Anti-Social Personality Disorder.
                        Nah, not really. The element of grandiosity is what makes you think of that, but it is something truly deeper than that. It relates to how the person treats other people. I am on the fence but based upon a few people who know her, I believe Hillary might suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder, but she also exhibits traits from NPD. This comes from a few Arkansas attorneys and reading what her former Secret Service agents write about her. We would need more information to decide if she suffers from BPD or NPD.

I don't believe clinical narcissism remains part of the DSM 5, but DSM IV provides this tidbit:

While grandiosity is the diagnostic hallmark of pathological narcissism, there is research evidence that pathological narcissism occurs in two forms, (a) a grandiose state of mind in young adults that can be corrected by life experiences, and (b) the stable disorder described in DSM-IV, which is defined less by grandiosity than by severely disturbed interpersonal relations.
                        The preferred theory seems to be that narcissism is caused by very early affective deprivation, yet the clinical material tends to describe narcissists as unwilling rather than unable, thus treating narcissistic behaviors as volitional -- that is, narcissism is termed a personality disorder, but it tends to be discussed as a character disorder. This distinction is important to prognosis and treatment possibilities. If NPD is caused by infantile damage and consequent developmental short-circuits, it probably represents an irremediable condition. On the other hand, if narcissism is a behavior pattern that's learned, then there is some hope, however tenuous, that it's a behavior pattern that can be unlearned. The clinical literature on NPD is highly theoretical, abstract, and general, with sparse case material, suggesting that clinical writers have little experience with narcissism in the flesh. There are several reasons for this to be so:
                        -- The incidence of NPD is estimated at 1% in the general population, though I haven't been able to discover the basis of this estimate.
                        -- Narcissists rarely enter treatment and, once in treatment, progress very slowly. We're talking about two or more years of frequent sessions before the narcissist can acknowledge even that the therapist is sometimes helpful. It's difficult to keep narcissists in treatment long enough for improvement to be made -- and few people, narcissists or not, have the motivation or the money to pursue treatment that produces so little so late.
                        -- Because of the influence of third-party payers (insurance companies), there has been a strong trend towards short-term therapy that concentrates on ameliorating acute troubles, such as depression, rather than delving into underlying chronic problems. Narcissists are very reluctant to open up and trust, so it's possible that their NPD is not even recognized by therapists in short-term treatment. Purely anecdotal evidence from correspondents and from observations of people I know indicates that selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitors, such as Prozac, aggravate narcissists' grandiosity and lack of social inhibition. It has also been suggested that self-help literature about bolstering self-esteem and getting what you want out of life or that encourages the feeling of victimization has aggravating effects on NPD thinking and behavior.
                        -- Most clinical writers seem unaware that narcissists' self-reports are unreliable. This is troubling, considering that lying is the most common complaint about narcissists and that, in many instances, defects of empathy lead narcissists to wildly inaccurate misinterpretations of other people's speech and actions, so that they may believe that they are liked and respected despite a history of callous and exploitative personal interactions.
                        I've been meaning to purchase A Crisis of Character by Byrne. Here is a, perhaps, sensationalist review of the book.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/catheri...acter-n2188956
                        Last edited by Topper; 07-07-2016, 05:29 PM.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Nah, not really. The element of grandiosity is what makes you think of that, but it is something truly deeper than that. It relates to how the person treats other people. I am on the fence but based upon a few people who know her, I believe Hillary might suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder, but she also exhibits traits from NPD. This comes from a few Arkansas attorneys and reading what her former Secret Service agents write about her. We would need more information to decide if she suffers from BPD or NPD.

I don't believe clinical narcissism remains part of the DSM 5, but DSM IV provides this tidbit:

I've been meaning to purchase A Crisis of Character by Byrne. Here is a, perhaps, sensationalist review of the book.

It certainly is included in DSM-5, but I'm not sure how relevant it is. Do you think narcissists are dangerous? I suppose when you're dealing with someone as important as the POTUS, you can make a case, but I don't think you should overstate it.

Comment

I'm familiar with the DSM. Hillary is not Borderline, you're just pulling that out of your ass. She's definitely narcissistic. Trump has anti social traits like his aggressiveness, his lying (it even mentions one who uses aliases, remember Trump has pretended to be his own spokesperson at certain times) and his lack of remorse. I think he would score pretty high on the Hare Test. It goes w/out saying that it isn't all that helpful to diagnose someone based solely on their public persona but it is sort of fun to do.
                            Last edited by frank ryan; 07-07-2016, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                              It certainly is included in DSM-5, but I'm not sure how relevant it is. Do you think narcissists are dangerous? I suppose when you're dealing with someone as important as the POTUS, you can make a case, but I don't think you should overstate it.
                              Doesn't make someone dangerous but in my experience it makes them exhausting and obnoxious.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                Doesn't make someone dangerous but in my experience it makes them exhausting and obnoxious.
                                It it not a personality trait I hope to find in presidential candidates but given the grandiosity of the position it may be one of the hazards of the job, as a person with an over-inflated ego is more likely to pursue it.

Comment

Working...
                                X