Idaho High School Spring Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idaho High School Spring Sports

Who follows them? Many people participate in them, but don,t watch them. Rodeo is not sanctioned, I know a few people in it. I enjoy watching a good county rodeo. However I never attended any event as boring as a High Schol Rodeo. Sometimes they do the pole bending after roughy stock. What you do is hear the life history of every cowboy and cow girl there before the long and tedious events. I have left some early to do something else.

Baaeball and softball many got rained out so much of consolation cancelled. Rained in Idaho like crazy. Where not too many 1a schools have it but there championship was this week. Idhsaa has no rule on summer sports between end f May and first of August so Smerican Legion bigger and better. That said I don,t watch it. Would try to get co op if it was requested do. A fourth grader in the Central Idaho Mountaina is a good baseball player by the town that produced Larry Craig. May co op with resort town called McCall or do track in Spring American Legion in summer, Padre is Track coach in town that produced guy that had Peyton Manning touch behind last fall. At bball state he stood for pictures with many people. His Madre taught relative of mine that is good baseball player,

Track and Field every school has a team though all don,t have a track. Local Schol not great in field events has had some runners. This year one lady made it to state. Her padre a few years ago rolled police car and tragically lost life. He did pull my brother over when he refused to stop cause he wasn,t in police car blm car coming home from triple OT win in territory of dawgs, village south of patriotic town when gravity does job and full of a from kids worst spring nightmare.

So local school not much luck with track this year. Sled dogs, same mascot as school with no more intercollegiate sports on RC,s neighborhood, Town not far from criteria of moon, and not so Chriatian at times Chriatin school had good showing at state track.

Winner school in middle of nowhere mining town a thousand miles from nowhere or so it seems. Or were ahead 2nd place commune that had Bo Gritz and followers live there for a while anyway. Not sure if it is final or not.

I did grade school field day and track in JR high. Not good at it, had no desire to do it in High School, like something to chase myself. But spring sports state championships this week and some good showings in track and field. Smartest school less than 100 kids, had a few good kids showing at state too. Track coach in town that produced Larry Craig and guy that touched Peyton's butt I heard chatted with track coach of smart kids that produced key General Authorities wife and fellow deejay on ricks radio station whose Madre was or is co worker of track coach.

Coach Vine can we start calling you Art Briles? Get control bud.

http://kutv.com/news/nation-world/10...mmate-in-idaho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Coach Vine can we start calling you Art Briles? Get control bud.

http://kutv.com/news/nation-world/10...mmate-in-idaho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Why do you think they brought Grape in? He's the new coach who's gonna clean up the program and restore its good reputation. The Bronco to Dietrich's Crowton.
      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Resurrecting this thread. Hs rodeo if you want to get bored attend one of them. I seen people walk into prom in cowboy attire after rodeo. I never attended hs prom with date. Walked in on a couple. Not my thing. Even National hs rodeo boring. Other rodeos fun to watch.

have neighbors on co op golf teams few 1a schools field there won team. Have to play 2a I think. Same with tennis. The two 1a private schools in the Magic Valley field there own golf teams. One does a tennis team too. One is 2a but successfully petitioned down to 1ad2 for volleyball and basketball as 1ad1, and did with 2a enrollment. Getting state berth in volleyball kept them in 2a. If it wasn’t for transfer on other end of county would of made state at 1ad2 level with 2a enrollment this year in basketball. I don’t think too many teams in 1a field there own tennis teams.

Several schools at 1ad1 and a few at d2 level field there own softball and baseball teams. Summer baseball is American legion. A few kids co op at neighboring schools too. In Idaho Grangeville and Melba had good baseball teams. Family friends of ours live there. Don’t know a whole lot about softball.

Track and Field every school has program. We had a strong team before. Not a whole lot of kids out now I believe. One kid said he had interest from Dartmouth for football, doubt he is that good. Track will help people. We have a few kids,out for track not too many though. Pole Vault not sponsored at 1a level. I toyed around with every event in grade school and jr high except that one, tried low hurdles Never did track in High School. No desire.

Matt Paradis his Alma mater should have some track athletes. Bishop is assistant track coach. I haven’t attended a whole lot of High School Spring sports. Interesting to see what kids will do though.

Comment

Originally posted by grapevine View Post
          Resurrecting this thread. Hs rodeo if you want to get bored attend one of them. I seen people walk into prom in cowboy attire after rodeo. I never attended hs prom with date. Walked in on a couple. Not my thing. Even National hs rodeo boring. Other rodeos fun to watch.

have neighbors on co op golf teams few 1a schools field there won team. Have to play 2a I think. Same with tennis. The two 1a private schools in the Magic Valley field there own golf teams. One does a tennis team too. One is 2a but successfully petitioned down to 1ad2 for volleyball and basketball as 1ad1, and did with 2a enrollment. Getting state berth in volleyball kept them in 2a. If it wasn’t for transfer on other end of county would of made state at 1ad2 level with 2a enrollment this year in basketball. I don’t think too many teams in 1a field there own tennis teams.

Several schools at 1ad1 and a few at d2 level field there own softball and baseball teams. Summer baseball is American legion. A few kids co op at neighboring schools too. In Idaho Grangeville and Melba had good baseball teams. Family friends of ours live there. Don’t know a whole lot about softball.

Track and Field every school has program. We had a strong team before. Not a whole lot of kids out now I believe. One kid said he had interest from Dartmouth for football, doubt he is that good. Track will help people. We have a few kids,out for track not too many though. Pole Vault not sponsored at 1a level. I toyed around with every event in grade school and jr high except that one, tried low hurdles Never did track in High School. No desire.

Matt Paradis his Alma mater should have some track athletes. Bishop is assistant track coach. I haven’t attended a whole lot of High School Spring sports. Interesting to see what kids will do though.
          Bishop of community of Matt Paradis Alma Mater comes from great stock! OK track coach-but great bishop! Hung out with him at first meet in funky masterplanned utopia horseshoe town almost in Oregon. Spring sports in Idaho lets you know if your heart is pumping blood or kool aid. Pole Vault is sponsored at 1A level but most 1AD2 schools don't have the facilities or a qualified pole vault coach so they just usually never have anyone pole vaulting. I know there was almost a riot when folks read the pole vault is not sponsored at 1A level. My guess is Fusnick doesn't like Idaho because he probably thinks we didn't take Covid serious enough and I am not sure my system could abide him looking down upon us when he saw the fake news that we don't support pole vault!
          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by grapevine View Post

Spring sports in eastern Idaho are brutal. My oldest golfed and one year his first swing was at a tournament in Twin because we still had snow up here. My youngest ran track and waiting for a eleven second race all afternoon in 45 degree weather and 20 mph winds was a long afternoon and would test your love as a parent. Madison finally got their own fieldhouse which will really help the kids from Rexburg in spring sports.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post

Spring sports in eastern Idaho are brutal. My oldest golfed and one year his first swing was at a tournament in Twin because we still had snow up here. My youngest ran track and waiting for a eleven second race all afternoon in 45 degree weather and 20 mph winds was a long afternoon and would test your love as a parent. Madison finally got their own fieldhouse which will really help the kids from Rexburg in spring sports.
              Global Warming will catch up eventually.

Comment

Wind cancelling Magic Valley track meets probably makes Eastern Idaho laugh. Like schools canceling school with two inches of snow in some places while othe4 schools go to school with blizzards practically. State track this week. They must combine 3a to 1a for championships. Former neighbor of ours won a race did good in other events. Madre Ricks bb player some time ago. Nephews relay beat there boys in that race. We had one lady do shot put. Friends of ours that grew up in Phil Johnson’s home town and Dick Mottas stomping ground and moved to Trent Whitings wild horse neighbor hurt knee so no b-ball or track this year if he did track.

Other family friends people we showed cows with had grandkids do ok from that school. Won boys b-ball championship this year. I don’t know grandchildren personally Grandpa and my Dad longtime friends. Had offer growing up to be neighbor and I could of shared Alma mater with Uncle Ted and Lou Dobbs, never took it though. Maybe go south to house of JR SImplot if went there. Alma mater won six man championship against town there. But county felt one school would do.

Many people had friends from other towns they would not of had. But we’re they better educated than counterparts were consolidation efforts failed? We’re programs offered that couldn’t of been otherwise? Hindsite one thing. No there are many co op programs and many schools passed bonds to increase building capacity. So future consolidation rare now I think. If schools didn’t consolidate when they did doubt it would of ever happened.

We had neighbor golf with Uncle Ted and Lou Dobbs Alma mater. Got pretty good score. Individual co ops represent school. Collective just participate with team. Padre not happy with b ball coach after missing state. Apologized did again in Church. Disappointment at not going to state Sr year. Four missionaries from our Seniors. Bishops,son that graduated last year playing at Usu Eastern hopefully He will go on mission. Two Hispanic converts maybe they will be in miss too.

Hawaiin named upstart won basketball and baseball state. I wonder how many kids live in school district of school? Does town that sells more lottery tickets than any town in Idaho and produced Sonja Johnson, LDS Dem governer and beehive coaching great, there northwest stony a neighbors field therenown baseball, team. Didn’t have much success. Did very many kids do both track and baseball? What about rodeo? American Falls southern Rocky neighbors. No local schools won baseball or softball championships. Beehive coaching greats Alma mater playing for championship.

Dawgs had good showing in track though. Matt Paradis Alma mater Bishops daughter hurt a lot may miss volleyball too. Bishop days I think about up. Stake President I’m not sure how competitive he is but Walkers from Harmon Killebrew’s Northern neighbor now they were competive, pickup games or Ricks intermural rec they took it very seriously.

Comment

Working...
                X